All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. Borderlands 2 VR is out now!

Anything to do with games at all.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by HSH28 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 pm

qupe wrote:Polybius when i went througb the store said not available last time I looked.


https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/pro ... OFTPLB0001

Might be worth waiting till its on sale though.

User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Sleighamorph » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 pm

So whilst the Vive Pro is £200 off this weekend, I'm just not sure I can justify it really. There just isn't enough content to justify a £1,000 purchase.
The main VR titles I'd be interested in are Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, Doom and Skyrim and 3 of those are in VR on PS4 where I already have a PSVR. Sure the PC versions will be higher visual quality, and I assume that the VR versions of Fallout 4 and Skyrim have mods on PC, but that's still not enough to justify dropping a grand.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
OldSoulCyborg
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by OldSoulCyborg » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:56 am

If you can't justify the cost, you can't justify the cost. Simple as that. Don't fall into the sale trap of buying stuff just because it's hugely discounted; that's still a ludicrous amount of money for what you're getting, especially if you're not that interested in what PC exclusive VR games there are (and if you are, there are way cheaper PC VR options than the Vive Pro).

Flickr
Wii U: StainyGrimes
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Advent7 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:26 am

Lagamorph wrote:So whilst the Vive Pro is £200 off this weekend, I'm just not sure I can justify it really. There just isn't enough content to justify a £1,000 purchase.
The main VR titles I'd be interested in are Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, Doom and Skyrim and 3 of those are in VR on PS4 where I already have a PSVR. Sure the PC versions will be higher visual quality, and I assume that the VR versions of Fallout 4 and Skyrim have mods on PC, but that's still not enough to justify dropping a grand.


Thast price is absolutely strawberry floating absurd, especially when most of the kit is the same as the regular Vive but just a different colour. Yes it's got v2 lighthouses, but does that really matter? All you're getting is a slight screen res increase.

Would you consider the standard Vive? You'll be getting 99% of the same experience for a huge amount less. I paid £700 For mine I think and don't regret it for a second, it think its available for about £500 now.

Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Xeno » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:20 am

I am waiting on Valve releasing nuckles (and possible their new headset) before I plunge in.

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Advent7 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:14 am

The knuckles will be fantastic, and no doubt they'll be around the £300 mark too :dread:

They will be a definite purchase from me though.

Image
User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Sleighamorph » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:So whilst the Vive Pro is £200 off this weekend, I'm just not sure I can justify it really. There just isn't enough content to justify a £1,000 purchase.
The main VR titles I'd be interested in are Elite Dangerous, Fallout 4, Doom and Skyrim and 3 of those are in VR on PS4 where I already have a PSVR. Sure the PC versions will be higher visual quality, and I assume that the VR versions of Fallout 4 and Skyrim have mods on PC, but that's still not enough to justify dropping a grand.


Thast price is absolutely strawberry floating absurd, especially when most of the kit is the same as the regular Vive but just a different colour. Yes it's got v2 lighthouses, but does that really matter? All you're getting is a slight screen res increase.

Would you consider the standard Vive? You'll be getting 99% of the same experience for a huge amount less. I paid £700 For mine I think and don't regret it for a second, it think its available for about £500 now.

I think the lack of any real big titles for it exclusive to PC is one of the big things holding me back. Elite Dangerous and Fallout 4 VR are the only PC exclusive VR titles I can think of really, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them come to PSVR at some point.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Eat it Harvey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:16 pm

Beat Saber is strawberry floating awesome.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... r-the-psvr

EDIT: I have sore arms this morning as a result of this game. Felt like a real workout too. :D

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Hans Bubby » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Beat Saber is strawberry floating awesome.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... r-the-psvr

EDIT: I have sore arms this morning as a result of this game. Felt like a real workout too. :D


Already on the wish list for Decembers payday :datass:

I'll probably play the first track and have a heart attack and die :fp:

Image Image
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Eat it Harvey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:Beat Saber is strawberry floating awesome.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... r-the-psvr

EDIT: I have sore arms this morning as a result of this game. Felt like a real workout too. :D


Already on the wish list for Decembers payday :datass:

I'll probably play the first track and have a heart attack and die :fp:

It starts off simply enough to ease you in, but it's beginning to ramp up and it's got some cool variables that appear. I stopped last night when I reached a couple of tracks where the direction arrows (Which show which way to cut) disappear after a second or so.

It's great fun. They've already said their going to release additional tracks as DLC so I'm looking forward to that and I've not even done a quarter of the ones that come with it yet. :lol:

PC version has custom tracks though, which would be even better. Might double dip when I eventually get a PC VR setup.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Eat it Harvey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:02 am

So I was looking forward to Borderlands 2 VR, but I'm getting a bit hesitant after hearing it doesn't include any of the DLC. Move controls only allow teleporting (Though DS4 has normal movement) and it's single player only....

I'll wait for the reviews I think.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Rubix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Beat Saber is strawberry floating awesome.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... r-the-psvr

EDIT: I have sore arms this morning as a result of this game. Felt like a real workout too. :D



I caved today and bout it. What a fantastic game it is although it gets hard real fast.

I mean the disappearing arrows with high combos and challenges to need to complete to progress :shock:

Very cool though, love how you can speed up the tracks. Expert just out of my reach though, stuck on hard

PLAY | PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 | PSVR Beat Saber | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | The Apprentice 2018, Suits S1, The Hunting of Hill House
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Rubix » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 pm


PLAY | PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 | PSVR Beat Saber | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | The Apprentice 2018, Suits S1, The Hunting of Hill House
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Advent7 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:07 pm

Rubix wrote:


Dayum son :datass:

Image
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Eat it Harvey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Rubix wrote:


Dayum son :datass:

:nod:

Some game. I've not played in a day or so but I'm going to hammer it over the weekend I think.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Rubix » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:18 am

Ad7 wrote:
Rubix wrote:


Dayum son :datass:


You do feel like a bad ass when you pull off haed bits. Hard speeded up is the best I can currently do. Extreame is just to cray cray

PLAY | PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 | PSVR Beat Saber | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | The Apprentice 2018, Suits S1, The Hunting of Hill House
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Advent7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 am

Reminds me I have something similar on pc and I've only played it a couple of times, need to have another go.

Image
User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Hans Bubby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:59 am

Rubix wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
Rubix wrote:


Dayum son :datass:


You do feel like a bad ass when you pull off haed bits. Hard speeded up is the best I can currently do. Extreame is just to cray cray


I'm going to be so strawberry floated when I come to the hard missions as I won't move on unless I can get no mistakes :fp:



That took me just under 40 minutes to do with 0 mistakes :lol:

Didn't help that after an hour and a half of playing my arms were slightly tired at 1:30 in the morning.

Image Image
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Eat it Harvey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am

I'm not too worried about getting a perfect run (I scraped through the first two disappearing arrow ones with the minimum combo requirement), but I have started to hit some that require a minimum score. I can finish the level, but my cuts aren't precise enough, or I'm getting a few too many misses and losing my multiplier.

My arms are still sore from the other night as well actually. Great fun though.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: All platform VR discussion: PSVR, HTC VIVE, Rift et al. NEW Oculus Quest standalone VR system
by Hans Bubby » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 am

Really great fun, my "quick 10 minute blast before bed cause I'm shattered" turned in to 2 hours when I took the headset off.

Image Image

Return to “Games”