Android Thread v2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Dowbocop » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Got a lot of travel coming up, anyone got good game recommendations? Thinking along the lines of Civ/Age of Empires style historical game if there's one that's good. Thanks

Mon lads eh, thought this was a gaming forum. Regret selling my switch now.

Civ Rev 2? It's still £9 though, which is a bit of a pisstake. I briefly played Freeciv a couple of years ago and it seemed alright.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Dual » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Got a lot of travel coming up, anyone got good game recommendations? Thinking along the lines of Civ/Age of Empires style historical game if there's one that's good. Thanks

Mon lads eh, thought this was a gaming forum. Regret selling my switch now.


Football Manager

User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by ignition » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Drumstick wrote:In case it's of use to anyone, Virgin have a promotion on at the moment which multiplies the data you would normally get for a simple only deal. I called them up to get their 10GB deal and am unexpectedly getting 50GB a month.


Got a link? Can only see 3G sims and no promotion...

Any idea how their data speeds perform in reality?

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Drumstick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:36 am

ignition wrote:
Drumstick wrote:In case it's of use to anyone, Virgin have a promotion on at the moment which multiplies the data you would normally get for a sim only deal. I called them up to get their 10GB deal and am unexpectedly getting 50GB a month.


Got a link? Can only see 3G sims and no promotion...

Any idea how their data speeds perform in reality?

Unsure about links - it's probably best to call them although be aware that they will try to upsell you on a new handset.

It's definitely 4G.

In terms of speeds, I just did a speed test online, it said 57.2mbps down and 25.9 up. Never had a problem with it myself.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Rocsteady » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:23 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Got a lot of travel coming up, anyone got good game recommendations? Thinking along the lines of Civ/Age of Empires style historical game if there's one that's good. Thanks

Mon lads eh, thought this was a gaming forum. Regret selling my switch now.

Civ Rev 2? It's still £9 though, which is a bit of a pisstake. I briefly played Freeciv a couple of years ago and it seemed alright.

Did consider that one, reviews don't look great for the price though.

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Winckle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 am

Twilight Struggle is great, but some familiarity with the rules would help.

User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by ignition » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:46 am

Drumstick wrote:
ignition wrote:
Drumstick wrote:In case it's of use to anyone, Virgin have a promotion on at the moment which multiplies the data you would normally get for a sim only deal. I called them up to get their 10GB deal and am unexpectedly getting 50GB a month.


Got a link? Can only see 3G sims and no promotion...

Any idea how their data speeds perform in reality?

Unsure about links - it's probably best to call them although be aware that they will try to upsell you on a new handset.

It's definitely 4G.

In terms of speeds, I just did a speed test online, it said 57.2mbps down and 25.9 up. Never had a problem with it myself.


Oh wow. I struggle to get 1mbps on giffgaff in London. Where are you based?

Is it a monthly rollover contract? What calls and texts are included?

Does the extra data deal last for a limited time or for the life of the contract?

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Drumstick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:51 am

ignition wrote:Oh wow. I struggle to get 1mbps on giffgaff in London. Where are you based?

Is it a monthly rollover contract? What calls and texts are included?

Does the extra data deal last for a limited time or for the life of the contract?

Based in Sussex. AFAIK: not sure what you mean by rollover but you pay month by month, can cancel at anytime, I am under the impression the extra data lasts until you change your deal with them, but you'd be better of ringing them to find out for sure.

Just did another speed test - 13.4 down / 3.78 up.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by NickSCFC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:38 pm


Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Rocsteady » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:51 pm

I've just realised that Vice City is available in full on Android. strawberry float the historical stuff.

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Rocsteady » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Winckle wrote:Twilight Struggle is great, but some familiarity with the rules would help.

Although actually that looks really cool too. Does it require a heavy timesink?

Image
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Winckle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Winckle wrote:Twilight Struggle is great, but some familiarity with the rules would help.

Although actually that looks really cool too. Does it require a heavy timesink?

Not really, a full game between two evenly skilled players (or against the AI) takes maybe an hour and a half. But you can stop playing at any point and reload it, also the multiplayer is asynchronous, so you can stop playing MP when you want as well.

You can learn more about the game at https://twilightstrategy.com/

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Rocsteady » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:48 pm

Winckle wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Winckle wrote:Twilight Struggle is great, but some familiarity with the rules would help.

Although actually that looks really cool too. Does it require a heavy timesink?

Not really, a full game between two evenly skilled players (or against the AI) takes maybe an hour and a half. But you can stop playing at any point and reload it, also the multiplayer is asynchronous, so you can stop playing MP when you want as well.

You can learn more about the game at https://twilightstrategy.com/

Sweet, will check that out. Thanks man

Image
User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by BTB » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Has anyone used a one of the Pocophon F1s? Hearing a lot of good things online about them. Only thing is you need to buy them from China/India.

Ideally I like to know the feel of a phone before I get one, which is annoying. But looks very good for the price.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Godzilla » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Was going to get upgrade from my Pixel 1 to Pixel 3 for Christmas but having seen the reviews of Huawei Mate 20 Pro I think I'm sold on that one. 40 meg camera... Amazing.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Slayerx » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Godzilla wrote:Was going to get upgrade from my Pixel 1 to Pixel 3 for Christmas but having seen the reviews of Huawei Mate 20 Pro I think I'm sold on that one. 40 meg camera... Amazing.


It does look good if you pre-order now before Friday you get a free watch and wireless charger.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Death's Head » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:49 pm

BTB wrote:Has anyone used a one of the Pocophon F1s? Hearing a lot of good things online about them. Only thing is you need to buy them from China/India.

Ideally I like to know the feel of a phone before I get one, which is annoying. But looks very good for the price.

Probably heard as much as you, top spec CPU, not top of the range camera, not a premium finish but made by a pretty good manufacturer and reviews well.
There is risk buying as no warranty so you just need to decide if it is worth the risk. On the plus side, mobiles tend to be fairly problem free.

Yes?
User avatar
SillySprout
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by SillySprout » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 pm

I highly recommend a gem of a game called Space Justice. I have been playing for about a week, its a shooter that works so well on mobile, one of the best mobile games I've played, everything about it has been well thought out. Has anyone played it?

The only member named after an outrageous vegetable!
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Grumpy David » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:28 pm

Night Sight mode isn't even the fully released version but it is strawberry floating impressive stuff.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/25/18021944/google-night-sight-pixel-3-camera-samples?fbclid=IwAR0Cxwgc8uM9vil-SjPDrW8zbXSBh8JN5sqsadYmOIjDKGLY2Mp8PY7r-jA

Wonder when Apple will introduce it as a revolutionary feature.

User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Slayerx » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 am

Can't wait for Monday to find out more about the OP6T :)


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rich, Rightey, Trelliz and 59 guests