Android Thread v2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Rax » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am

I dont think youll need that to be honest. When I signed into my OP3T it copied everything across, my background wallpaper, the location of all the apps on the homepage, wifi passwords etc, it felt like my old phone but shiny and new.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 am

I always start again as I figure I new phone is a good change to purge apps you no longer need, so I only install the essentials and then install stuff as I need it. It is incredible how much clutter you end up with at the end of a phones life.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Forget my complaints about the video recording quality on the OP6. I found the 60fps setting and it is clear this is where they have focused on optimising the hardware as it is glorious.

I don't actually have a 4k capable screen available to me so I can't test playback at the very top end but I will try and figure out a way of doing so. Playback on the phone itself (1080p) is fantastic.

Image
User avatar
ignition
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by ignition » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:54 pm

I've got to say, having now used the OP6 for a few days, it's incredible. The screen is stunning, it looks great and it's so fast! Really impressed by the speed of the facial recognition and fingerprint scanner too.

Haven't dabbled much with photo and video yet, but from what I've seen it holds up well against the flagship competition.

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Grumpy David » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 am

Bad things that Apple have done:

Get rid of the headphone jack
The notch

Things the Pixel 3XL has apparently copied:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OnLeaks/status/1011928326922014720?s=19

User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by smurphy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:41 pm

The notch looks like Johnny 5.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by That's not a growth » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:28 am

I current have a Nexus 6, and there's a deal on HUKD for a Pixel 1 for £200, which is pretty much the max I would like to pay for a phone. Is there any reason I shouldn't be considering this?

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:31 pm

That's not a growth wrote:I current have a Nexus 6, and there's a deal on HUKD for a Pixel 1 for £200, which is pretty much the max I would like to pay for a phone. Is there any reason I shouldn't be considering this?

Depends on the storage in the one that's 200 and if that's enough a sit isn't expandable, but otherwise the pixel seems like a pretty good device from people I know that have them.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by That's not a growth » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Errkal wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:I current have a Nexus 6, and there's a deal on HUKD for a Pixel 1 for £200, which is pretty much the max I would like to pay for a phone. Is there any reason I shouldn't be considering this?

Depends on the storage in the one that's 200 and if that's enough a sit isn't expandable, but otherwise the pixel seems like a pretty good device from people I know that have them.


It's 128GB so plenty. Might go for it then!

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:22 pm

That's not a growth wrote:
Errkal wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:I current have a Nexus 6, and there's a deal on HUKD for a Pixel 1 for £200, which is pretty much the max I would like to pay for a phone. Is there any reason I shouldn't be considering this?

Depends on the storage in the one that's 200 and if that's enough a sit isn't expandable, but otherwise the pixel seems like a pretty good device from people I know that have them.


It's 128GB so plenty. Might go for it then!


For the 128gb that an awesome deal.

User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Super Dragon 64 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

Is anyone having issues with O2? I have no reception on my One Plus 5 but can't work out if it's an issue with my phone or the network.

Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Android Thread v2
by Death's Head » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:56 am

Super Dragon 64 wrote:Is anyone having issues with O2? I have no reception on my One Plus 5 but can't work out if it's an issue with my phone or the network.
Try moving the sim to the other slot?

Do you have another phone you can try the sim in?

Yes?
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by darksideby182 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Anyone got a case for a S9 without the flip front they can recommend.

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Death's Head » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Just ordered an Amazfit Smart Watch 2.

Yes?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Preezy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Replaced my piece of gooseberry fool iPhone 6 with a Samsung S8, loving it so far :wub:

Are there any must-have apps that you can't get on iOS that I should be downloading?

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Errkal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:08 pm

Preezy wrote:Replaced my piece of gooseberry fool iPhone 6 with a Samsung S8, loving it so far :wub:

Are there any must-have apps that you can't get on iOS that I should be downloading?


GRcade.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Preezy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Errkal wrote:
Preezy wrote:Replaced my piece of gooseberry fool iPhone 6 with a Samsung S8, loving it so far :wub:

Are there any must-have apps that you can't get on iOS that I should be downloading?


GRcade.

:o of course

Done :datass:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Preezy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Can anyone recommend a decent ad blocker? I've downloaded Adblock Browser, but as the name suggests it only blocks ads on the web browser (I'm using Chrome), but even then some ads do still appear. I want something that will block ads on everything - games, youtube, soundcloud and chrome. I had one on my iPhone that I *think* had root access, will I need something similar to block everything?

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Drumstick » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Blokada.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Android Thread v2
by Preezy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Drumstick wrote:Blokada.

I will check that out, thanks :toot:


Return to “Stuff”