Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Preezy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 am

The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.

Image
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 am

I can see how that may not be ideal.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by rinks » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 am

Oops.

Apple has said it is working to fix a serious bug within its Mac operating system.

The flaw in MacOS High Sierra - the most recent version - makes it possible to gain entry to the machine without a password, and also have access to powerful administrator rights.

“We are working on a software update to address this issue,” Apple said in a statement. The bug was discovered by Turkish developer Lemi Ergin. He found that by entering the username "root", leaving the password field blank, and hitting "enter" a few times, he would be granted unrestricted access to the target machine.

...

While Apple works on its fix, it offered a workaround for users concerned about the bug.
“Setting a root password prevents unauthorized access to your Mac,” the company explained.
"To enable the Root User and set a password, please follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012.
"If a Root User is already enabled, to ensure a blank password is not set, please follow the instructions from the ‘Change the root password’ section.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42161823

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Preezy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 am

I'm glad they've got to the ROOT of the problem GEDDIT?!

Image
User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by jamcc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

I’m assuming everyone else’s iPhone battery has also been dog gooseberry fool this week after the 11.1.2 update? Mine’s literally been half as good as usual. :fp:

Just updated to 11.2 though. Hopefully that fixes it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BORbles
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by BORbles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:17 pm

jamcc wrote:I’m assuming everyone else’s iPhone battery has also been dog gooseberry fool this week after the 11.1.2 update? Mine’s literally been half as good as usual. :fp:

Just updated to 11.2 though. Hopefully that fixes it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with my iPhone 7+ battery and it lasts one and half day or two.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Mafrozen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Haven't noticed a problem on my 7 Plus either.

Finally bit the bullet and got a refurbished MacBook Pro the other day. 2017 Space Grey 15inch 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2.8GHz i7, Intel Iris 630,v Radeon Pro 555. It's a strawberry floating beast going from a 2013 13inch Air to this :lol: First time I've actually seen a Mac with a Retina display in the flesh too.

Annoyingly my Time Machine backup wasn't working so I just had to start fresh and install everything but that was probably for the best given the amount of shite I've got on my old machine. Think I'm finally just going to strawberry float off iTunes completely and stick to Spotify Premium for my music and Downcast for podcasts, my old iTunes library was something crazy like 70GB.

Was gonna do Bootcamp and install Windows 10 for gaming until I saw the price. strawberry float that, I'll just get it elsewhere :slol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Just ordered the iPhone X :)
Found a good deal at mobiles.co.uk £470 upfront and then £29 per month for 24 months with o2. But used £10 off code and £25 cash back.
Unlimited mins and text. 12GB 4G data...seems not a lot as I currently pay £17 sim only for unlimited data with Three but turns out I only average 6GB usage a month so 12GB should be plenty :)

Just got that phone call to India for my PAC code to look forward to now :/ I'm just going to say I no longer need a personal phone but want to transfer the number to my work phone which I don't pay for. Hopefully that will make them hand over the PAC code quickly.

update
Just received it today and loving it so far. I like the more substantial feel it has in my hand and love the screen. I actually quite like the notch...it adds character to the phone I reckon :)

Last edited by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Mafrozen wrote:Haven't noticed a problem on my 7 Plus either.

Finally bit the bullet and got a refurbished MacBook Pro the other day. 2017 Space Grey 15inch 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2.8GHz i7, Intel Iris 630,v Radeon Pro 555. It's a strawberry floating beast going from a 2013 13inch Air to this :lol: First time I've actually seen a Mac with a Retina display in the flesh too.

Annoyingly my Time Machine backup wasn't working so I just had to start fresh and install everything but that was probably for the best given the amount of shite I've got on my old machine. Think I'm finally just going to strawberry float off iTunes completely and stick to Spotify Premium for my music and Downcast for podcasts, my old iTunes library was something crazy like 70GB.

Was gonna do Bootcamp and install Windows 10 for gaming until I saw the price. strawberry float that, I'll just get it elsewhere :slol:

I got a new MBP too last month. 13in without touch bar. Its so nice and much more portable than my old late 2008 15in model.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Preezy wrote:The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.

My iPhone 6 also does that but not as bad. Depends what apps I am running...I've stop Pokemon Go cos it drained my battery entirely within minutes. I

Do you not have your phone on charge when in the car via a USB/cigarette lighter thing? I always have it on charge and I have a 50min commute each way into work so my phone is always charged. Additionally I carry a battery pack when out.

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Curls » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Preezy wrote:The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.


I took mine to a indie mobile shop and the nice polish lad in there has installed a new one for £35. It is currently lasting about 4-5hours longer than it was before. getting about a 12 hour day out of it !

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 pm

^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rain etc.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rafting etc.


FTFY

Image
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rafting etc.


FTFY

LOL very funny! I guess also with the iPhone X being waterproof I could have taken it onto the raft with me.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Joer, Rightey, Starbreaker, Wedgie and 52 guests