Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Errkal » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:33 pm

It's a great addition!

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Mafro » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Yeah it's definitely the best keyboard available. I love the emoji search.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Errkal » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:59 am

Yeah that's really handy as I have no idea what emojis there actually are. What's odd is that it is better than their android Google keyboard.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:16 am

Question from a layman - if I was to get rid of my iPhone 6 and replace it with an android device, how easy is it to transfer all of the songs on the old device to the new one? They're all on iTunes on my laptop if that makes things easier/worse.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Ad7 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:20 am

My galaxy s7 came with a dongle in the box which allowed me to directly wire my s7 to my iPhone 5. It then pulled all my music, contacts, bookmarks and music across automatically.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Errkal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:44 am

Preezy wrote:Question from a layman - if I was to get rid of my iPhone 6 and replace it with an android device, how easy is it to transfer all of the songs on the old device to the new one? They're all on iTunes on my laptop if that makes things easier/worse.


Easily, you just copy the files onto the phone like it were a USB key when you plug it in you can have it mount the storage and SDcard to windows, just copy and past your music folder contents to the music folder on the SD card and boom good to go.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:45 am

Ah ok, sounds easy enough.

Thanks guys.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by That's not a growth » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:00 pm

You can download a programme to do with Google play music that syncs your iTunes account to your Google play account which means you can stream your music without having to do anything, and store anything locally with a single click. It's pretty good.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks for that dude. Reason I ask is that my 6 is due an upgrade and I'm not all that enthused about getting the 7, so I've been looking at alternatives and apparently the Google Pixel is supposed to be the best iPhone alternative. I like the look of it and the thought of breaking the Apple cycle that I'm stuck in is quite liberating.

Saying that, I'll probably end up with a 7 in the end, but I like humouring myself :lol:

Image
AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by AndyXL » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Preezy wrote:Thanks for that dude. Reason I ask is that my 6 is due an upgrade and I'm not all that enthused about getting the 7, so I've been looking at alternatives and apparently the Google Pixel is supposed to be the best iPhone alternative. I like the look of it and the thought of breaking the Apple cycle that I'm stuck in is quite liberating.

Saying that, I'll probably end up with a 7 in the end, but I like humouring myself :lol:


How about you just keep your iPhone 6 and spend the money you save every month on something fun?

I still "only" have a 5S - it does more than enough for me, and I don't pay silly amounts every month!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Moggy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 pm

AXL wrote:
Preezy wrote:Thanks for that dude. Reason I ask is that my 6 is due an upgrade and I'm not all that enthused about getting the 7, so I've been looking at alternatives and apparently the Google Pixel is supposed to be the best iPhone alternative. I like the look of it and the thought of breaking the Apple cycle that I'm stuck in is quite liberating.

Saying that, I'll probably end up with a 7 in the end, but I like humouring myself :lol:


How about you just keep your iPhone 6 and spend the money you save every month on something fun?

I still "only" have a 5S - it does more than enough for me, and I don't pay silly amounts every month!


Andy XL being thrifty? You've changed man.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 pm

AXL wrote:
Preezy wrote:Thanks for that dude. Reason I ask is that my 6 is due an upgrade and I'm not all that enthused about getting the 7, so I've been looking at alternatives and apparently the Google Pixel is supposed to be the best iPhone alternative. I like the look of it and the thought of breaking the Apple cycle that I'm stuck in is quite liberating.

Saying that, I'll probably end up with a 7 in the end, but I like humouring myself :lol:


How about you just keep your iPhone 6 and spend the money you save every month on something fun?

I still "only" have a 5S - it does more than enough for me, and I don't pay silly amounts every month!

As it happens I've been doing some option evaluating this evening and I'm becoming more and more tempted to just bin off the contract I'm on, keep the handset and get a sim-only contract for £15 a month. That would save me a ridiculous £31 a month, or £372 a year! :o

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Mafro » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:03 pm

SIM-only contracts are the way to go, unlimited minutes and data and 20GB for £14 on mine :datass: Put the cash you'll save towards the next iPhone or something.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:06 pm

So my current contract is with 3, if I was to get a sim-only from wherever would I still be able to keep my mobile number? I have no idea how this gooseberry fool works :lol: :fp:

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Mafro » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Preezy wrote:So my current contract is with 3, if I was to get a sim-only from wherever would I still be able to keep my mobile number? I have no idea how this gooseberry fool works :lol: :fp:

If you are moving to another network then you'd need to contact 3 to get your PAC code which you'll need to give to your new network provider to transfer your current number over. Usually takes a few working days for your old number to get moved over.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Preezy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:46 am

My head was won, I've gone with a sim-only 12 month contract with Three. 4GB a month (double what I had on my previous contract) for £15 a month, and I get 3 months free. £135 a year compared to the £600-odd I would have been paying on a new handset contract is just mental.

£31 in my pocket each month is going to be very welcome, I might take up a drug habit! :lol:

Thanks for all your advice guys, much appreciated :wub:

Image
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by zXe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:16 am

Mafro wrote:SIM-only contracts are the way to go, unlimited minutes and data and 20GB for £14 on mine :datass: Put the cash you'll save towards the next iPhone or something.

What network is that with? I'm using giffgaff £10 a month goodybag 2gb 100mins, which is rubbish compared to that.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by Mafro » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:22 am

zXe wrote:
Mafro wrote:SIM-only contracts are the way to go, unlimited minutes and data and 20GB for £14 on mine :datass: Put the cash you'll save towards the next iPhone or something.

What network is that with? I'm using giffgaff £10 a month goodybag 2gb 100mins, which is rubbish compared to that.

Vodafone but I get a discount through work so it would normally be £20.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by zXe » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:20 am

Mafro wrote:
zXe wrote:
Mafro wrote:SIM-only contracts are the way to go, unlimited minutes and data and 20GB for £14 on mine :datass: Put the cash you'll save towards the next iPhone or something.

What network is that with? I'm using giffgaff £10 a month goodybag 2gb 100mins, which is rubbish compared to that.

Vodafone but I get a discount through work so it would normally be £20.

Ah nice, thanks! I'll check it out.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Apple Thread II | New MacBook/iMac Conference | 6PM
by That's not a growth » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:55 am

I read there's an offer with plus net who are just starting out on phones, unlimited text and calls, 4gb data, £10 a month, they use the ee network. I'm currently on giff gaff and think I'll swap.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Bing [Bot], Blue Eyes, Dig Dug, floydfreak, Kanbei, Met, mic, Pedz, PurplePenguin, Saint of Killers, Tineash and 68 guests