Page 97 of 98

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:48 am
by Preezy
The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 am
by Errkal
I can see how that may not be ideal.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 am
by rinks
Oops.

Apple has said it is working to fix a serious bug within its Mac operating system.

The flaw in MacOS High Sierra - the most recent version - makes it possible to gain entry to the machine without a password, and also have access to powerful administrator rights.

“We are working on a software update to address this issue,” Apple said in a statement. The bug was discovered by Turkish developer Lemi Ergin. He found that by entering the username "root", leaving the password field blank, and hitting "enter" a few times, he would be granted unrestricted access to the target machine.

...

While Apple works on its fix, it offered a workaround for users concerned about the bug.
“Setting a root password prevents unauthorized access to your Mac,” the company explained.
"To enable the Root User and set a password, please follow the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012.
"If a Root User is already enabled, to ensure a blank password is not set, please follow the instructions from the ‘Change the root password’ section.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42161823

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:38 am
by Preezy
I'm glad they've got to the ROOT of the problem GEDDIT?!

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm
by jamcc
I’m assuming everyone else’s iPhone battery has also been dog gooseberry fool this week after the 11.1.2 update? Mine’s literally been half as good as usual. :fp:

Just updated to 11.2 though. Hopefully that fixes it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:17 pm
by BOR
jamcc wrote:I’m assuming everyone else’s iPhone battery has also been dog gooseberry fool this week after the 11.1.2 update? Mine’s literally been half as good as usual. :fp:

Just updated to 11.2 though. Hopefully that fixes it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with my iPhone 7+ battery and it lasts one and half day or two.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm
by Mafro
Haven't noticed a problem on my 7 Plus either.

Finally bit the bullet and got a refurbished MacBook Pro the other day. 2017 Space Grey 15inch 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2.8GHz i7, Intel Iris 630,v Radeon Pro 555. It's a strawberry floating beast going from a 2013 13inch Air to this :lol: First time I've actually seen a Mac with a Retina display in the flesh too.

Annoyingly my Time Machine backup wasn't working so I just had to start fresh and install everything but that was probably for the best given the amount of shite I've got on my old machine. Think I'm finally just going to strawberry float off iTunes completely and stick to Spotify Premium for my music and Downcast for podcasts, my old iTunes library was something crazy like 70GB.

Was gonna do Bootcamp and install Windows 10 for gaming until I saw the price. strawberry float that, I'll just get it elsewhere :slol:

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Just ordered the iPhone X :)
Found a good deal at mobiles.co.uk £470 upfront and then £29 per month for 24 months with o2. But used £10 off code and £25 cash back.
Unlimited mins and text. 12GB 4G data...seems not a lot as I currently pay £17 sim only for unlimited data with Three but turns out I only average 6GB usage a month so 12GB should be plenty :)

Just got that phone call to India for my PAC code to look forward to now :/ I'm just going to say I no longer need a personal phone but want to transfer the number to my work phone which I don't pay for. Hopefully that will make them hand over the PAC code quickly.

update
Just received it today and loving it so far. I like the more substantial feel it has in my hand and love the screen. I actually quite like the notch...it adds character to the phone I reckon :)

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Mafrozen wrote:Haven't noticed a problem on my 7 Plus either.

Finally bit the bullet and got a refurbished MacBook Pro the other day. 2017 Space Grey 15inch 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 2.8GHz i7, Intel Iris 630,v Radeon Pro 555. It's a strawberry floating beast going from a 2013 13inch Air to this :lol: First time I've actually seen a Mac with a Retina display in the flesh too.

Annoyingly my Time Machine backup wasn't working so I just had to start fresh and install everything but that was probably for the best given the amount of shite I've got on my old machine. Think I'm finally just going to strawberry float off iTunes completely and stick to Spotify Premium for my music and Downcast for podcasts, my old iTunes library was something crazy like 70GB.

Was gonna do Bootcamp and install Windows 10 for gaming until I saw the price. strawberry float that, I'll just get it elsewhere :slol:

I got a new MBP too last month. 13in without touch bar. Its so nice and much more portable than my old late 2008 15in model.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:35 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Preezy wrote:The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.

My iPhone 6 also does that but not as bad. Depends what apps I am running...I've stop Pokemon Go cos it drained my battery entirely within minutes. I

Do you not have your phone on charge when in the car via a USB/cigarette lighter thing? I always have it on charge and I have a 50min commute each way into work so my phone is always charged. Additionally I carry a battery pack when out.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm
by Curls
Preezy wrote:The battery on my iPhone 6 is atrocious. Here's my day yesterday:

11am - phone just finishes charging to 100%, great!
11.20am - not touched my phone since it's charged, no apps open, battery is at 92%, oh no!
11.40 - driven to a place, took about 10 minutes using google maps, battery is at 17%, oh no x2!
11.45 - phone dead :(

Piece of gooseberry fool.


I took mine to a indie mobile shop and the nice polish lad in there has installed a new one for £35. It is currently lasting about 4-5hours longer than it was before. getting about a 12 hour day out of it !

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:18 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rain etc.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:20 pm
by Moggy
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rafting etc.


FTFY

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:^^^ I might get it done before giving it to my dad.

This Face ID is so much better than Touch ID. It always works even in the dark compared to Touch ID which didn't always work especially when your finger was a bit wet from the rafting etc.


FTFY

LOL very funny! I guess also with the iPhone X being waterproof I could have taken it onto the raft with me.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Just taken my 3 year old iPhone6 to the apple store to get the battery checked out as its been failing badly. They did a test and it said battery consumed. They have taken my phone in for battery replacement £79 and said it would be done in instore in just two hours.
I'm going back in tomorrow to collect it but might mention the consumer law and see if I can get it for free as I haven't paid yet.

Anyone had their iPhone batteries replaced by Apple outside the warranty period?

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:14 pm
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Got the AirPods yesterday and they are pretty life changing! I am loving them so much! Plus I got 20% off cos I look like a student hehe

Went to the gym and running on the treadmill, lying on the bench doing presses etc did not for one second feel like they would fall out.

Being able to use Siri and take calls on them is cool too. Or even walking away from my desk at work without taking my phone with me and still being able to hear the music :)

who else got these?

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am
by Mafro
Reading reviews of the HomePod and it sounds like the usual "excellent hardware but disappointing software" first gen Apple product.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:57 pm
by abcd
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Got the AirPods yesterday and they are pretty life changing! I am loving them so much! Plus I got 20% off cos I look like a student hehe

Went to the gym and running on the treadmill, lying on the bench doing presses etc did not for one second feel like they would fall out.

Being able to use Siri and take calls on them is cool too. Or even walking away from my desk at work without taking my phone with me and still being able to hear the music :)

who else got these?


I have a pair of £20 wireless headphones....they do exactly the same job.

They don't look as cool though

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
by abcd
Whoa whoa whoa....

Hang on a second. The homepod costs £320??????

For Siri in a speaker?

strawberry floating HELL.

Re: Apple Thread II | iOS 11 Out Now for All

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:45 pm
by Floex
Not to justify the price but it’s more than a Siri speaker in that it is a supposedly a quality speaker in itself.