Athletics Thread: New World Record set tonight!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:20 pm

Drumstick wrote:Yep I'm watching. I know we should never doubt Usain but he's looked off all weekend and Gatlin is looking very strong.

Gatlin could run 9:6x here


I think Gatlin will run 9.6x, can't see Bolt beating that given his form.

Bolt getting a silver will be really weird.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Did it :datass:
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:29 pm

Gatlin went to pieces in the last 10m :lol:

Arms flailing like a mad man.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster / Drummy

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Drumstick » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Gatlin lost that as opposed to Usain winning. Last 30 metres you can see him rocking back and forth, he'll kick himself for that.

Usain :datass:
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
User avatar
Poncho
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Poncho » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Haha strawberry float off Gatlin.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster / Drummy

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Drumstick » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:54 pm

LOVE Crammy quite bluntly saying "its the result we all wanted" :lol:

Let's hope he can do it again in the 200m!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by DML » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:00 pm

I find it amazing drug cheats can ever come back to the sport, their body is still boosted in muscle or whatever after all, they still have an unfair advantage.
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:03 pm

DML wrote:I find it amazing drug cheats can ever come back to the sport, their body is still boosted in muscle or whatever after all, they still have an unfair advantage.


Gatlin had a 4 year ban which seems fair enough as I don't think it should totally ruin your chosen profession, though being allowed back after being caught twice is a bit suspect as you clearly have no respect for the rules.

The one year Gay and Powell got is a bit ridiculous though. Given there's World Championships every two years it barely seems a worthwhile ban at all.
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Lotus » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:04 pm

Drumstick wrote:LOVE Crammy quite bluntly saying "its the result we all wanted" :lol:

Let's hope he can do it again in the 200m!

Steve Cram's hyperbolic comments are annoying, but that was quite amusing.

Good to see Bolt win. :datass:

The BBC are saying "Bolt stuns the world to win Gold". Really?
Image ImageImage
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Kanbei » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:
DML wrote:I find it amazing drug cheats can ever come back to the sport, their body is still boosted in muscle or whatever after all, they still have an unfair advantage.


Gatlin had a 4 year ban which seems fair enough as I don't think it should totally ruin your chosen profession,
though being allowed back after being caught twice is a bit suspect as you clearly have no respect for the rules.

The one year Gay and Powell got is a bit ridiculous though. Given there's World Championships every two years it barely seems a worthwhile ban at all.


Of course it should. He cheated, that's on him. I have no idea why it isn't the case that if you are caught you get a lifetime ban. It's hideous.
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Grumpy David » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 pm

I look forward to the day we have the freakshow Olympics. Any and all performance enhancing drugs are legal, any Super Speedo swimming kit/clothing is allowed and eventually cybernetic enhancements. :datass:
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Peter Crisp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Grumpy David wrote:I look forward to the day we have the freakshow Olympics. Any and all performance enhancing drugs are legal, any Super Speedo swimming kit/clothing is allowed and eventually cybernetic enhancements. :datass:


All bow down to our new athletics overlord, Robocop!
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Peter Crisp » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Lotus wrote:
Drumstick wrote:LOVE Crammy quite bluntly saying "its the result we all wanted" :lol:

Let's hope he can do it again in the 200m!

Steve Cram's hyperbolic comments are annoying, but that was quite amusing.

Good to see Bolt win. :datass:

The BBC are saying "Bolt stuns the world to win Gold". Really?


It's hardly surprising that former athletes are hoping for the clean athlete to beat a confirmed cheat.
They all clearly like him on a personal level as well.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster / Drummy

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Drumstick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Just watched the Women's 100m and Christ if Dafne Schippers could actually get a decent start she'd go below 10.70 quite comfortably.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Poncho wrote:Haha strawberry float off Gatlin.
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by abcd » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:37 pm

:shifty: Lucky Greg won again
Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Hyperion » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:19 pm

Greg :datass:
Image Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster / Drummy

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Mens 100m final 14:15
by Drumstick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:36 pm

:D
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Glorious Greg (Rutherford)
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Has any one of the Super Saturday trio not won a major event they've competed in since?

Good to see Rudisha win as well
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: 2015 Athletics World Championships: Glorious Greg (Rutherford)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Has any one of the Super Saturday trio not won a major event they've competed in since?

Good to see Rudisha win as well


I don't think enis had as she went off to have a baby and only returned this year. I believe this was her first major competition since the baby. Possibly her first major heptathlon competition since 2012 as well.

Mo has definitely won major titles since 2012.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Garth, Wrathy and 27 guests