Bargain Alert: Theme Hospital Free on Origin p1154

Our best bits.
User avatar
John Phillips, London
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by John Phillips, London » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:47 am

I wouldn't. There are very few titles that are out, or will be soon, and aren't available on PC. It doesn't seem worth it to me unless there's a title that you really want to play.

Image
easesprings
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by easesprings » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Not sure if this is a national thing but in my local Tesco this morning they had some Wii U packs to clear. The premium pack with Nintendoland was £149.99 and the Premium Lego City Undercover pack was £169.99. They also had the Mario Kart pack but this was still full RRP.

Also noticed that they had discounted the regular and XL's 3DS...looked like the normal one was £89.99 and the XL £129.99.

User avatar
PenguinJim
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by PenguinJim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 pm

[iup=3655843]Dark Dragon 64[/iup] wrote:I wouldn't. There are very few titles that are out, or will be soon, and aren't available on PC. It doesn't seem worth it to me unless there's a title that you really want to play.

Resogun!

Although I'm not sure if Resogun is worth spending £250...

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Venom » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

[iup=3655925]easesprings[/iup] wrote:Not sure if this is a national thing but in my local Tesco this morning they had some Wii U packs to clear. The premium pack with Nintendoland was £149.99 and the Premium Lego City Undercover pack was £169.99.


I rang my local London superstore and they don't have it. I'm really wanting some Nintendo action and wish I got that 3 game bundle before Christmas. I suspect a revised model will come out this year but am not sure I can wait so looking for a deal.

easesprings
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by easesprings » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 pm

[iup=3655993]Venom[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3655925]easesprings[/iup] wrote:Not sure if this is a national thing but in my local Tesco this morning they had some Wii U packs to clear. The premium pack with Nintendoland was £149.99 and the Premium Lego City Undercover pack was £169.99.


I rang my local London superstore and they don't have it. I'm really wanting some Nintendo action and wish I got that 3 game bundle before Christmas. I suspect a revised model will come out this year but am not sure I can wait so looking for a deal.


Thats a gutter...just to clarify the store I saw this in was Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales. The POS stickers did look a bit cobbled together which made me think that this was possibly just a store clearance rather than a National thing.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Venom » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:46 pm

No worries man.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Tragic Magic » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:21 pm

[iup=3655821]Falsey[/iup] wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351284864014?clk_rvr_id=764760214392&rmvSB=true

£250 PS4

Worth it?


Don't do it. I barely touch mine.

User avatar
JiggerJay
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by JiggerJay » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Grim Fandango, Day of the tentacle, The order, Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky are just some of the exclusives on the horizon.

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Image
Instagram Twitter
User avatar
Gently-Hung Holly Wreath
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Gently-Hung Holly Wreath » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 pm

Yeah Ill save my £250 for now. Cheers.

Image
User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by SugarDave » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle aren't exclusive. I'm pretty sure No Man's Sky is timed exclusive as well. Also, how can you list PS4 exclusives and not mention Bloodborne!

User avatar
PenguinJim
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by PenguinJim » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 pm

[iup=3656264]SugarDave[/iup] wrote:Also, how can you list PS4 exclusives and not mention Bloodborne!

Probably dropped off the "looking forward to" list based on the alpha feedback. :cry:

Then there's The Order.

£250 to play Resogun and hope that Uncharted 4 isn't awful? Stick it in a 5%-interest bank account and have another look in 2016! :P

mikedb
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by mikedb » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:54 pm

[iup=3656718]PenguinJim[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3656264]SugarDave[/iup] wrote:Also, how can you list PS4 exclusives and not mention Bloodborne!

Probably dropped off the "looking forward to" list based on the alpha feedback. :cry:

Then there's The Order.

£250 to play Resogun and hope that Uncharted 4 isn't awful? Stick it in a 5%-interest bank account and have another look in 2016! :P


Oh god, not that Eurogamer article again. :fp: There is plenty of stuff coming out this year on PS4 and there is some good stuff available for it right now. I've enjoyed Driveclub, Last of Us, Infamous and smaller games like Velcoty 2x, Resogun, etc as well as all the usual 3rd party stuff.

This thread is good for seeing what is coming up this year http://grcade.co.uk/t:release-schedule-multiformat-thread--ot?f=2

If you mostly play games on PC then maybe it's not worth it right now unless you wanna play the current exclusives.

User avatar
SugarDave
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by SugarDave » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Xbox 360 250GB Console + Halo 4 (Download Code) + Forza Horizon - £89 @ Asda Direct

Damaged Packaging - Please be aware that the product packaging for this item is damaged. Actual product is in original manufacturer's condition.

User avatar
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008
Location: Cranfield

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Andrew Mills » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:38 pm

[iup=3656980]SugarDave[/iup] wrote:Xbox 360 250GB Console + Halo 4 (Download Code) + Forza Horizon - £89 @ Asda Direct

Damaged Packaging - Please be aware that the product packaging for this item is damaged. Actual product is in original manufacturer's condition.

I've ordered this myself. If it pans out; I'll be extremely surprised. HKUD hot = OOS ASAP. :(

User avatar
christmasforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by christmasforever » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 am

Thoroughly recommend to all who love Zelda, however hold off reading the sections on games you haven't completed yet.

Yes, it's Hyrule Historia for £10.99!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Hy ... 616550414/

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Green Gecko » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Such a fun book to flick through. The most excellent thing is all the little annotations on the drawings are hand rewritten in English from Japanese. You can really see the immense amount of care and detail that goes into designing each game. And there's some behind the scenes stuff, but don't expect much of that. Just generally a fulfilling read and not a mere coffee table book.

Free delivery over 10 quid I assume so a no brainer really.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by KjGarly » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 pm

I bought the book when it was first released and its still sealed :datass:

Image Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Green Gecko » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:00 pm

You monster.

RIP in peace Wii U | Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by Tragic Magic » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:28 pm

strawberry floating get in. Had my eye on that for a while and never expected it to go for that price. Can't wait to read it now.

User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bargain Alert: Sim City 2000 free on Origin p1144
by aayl1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:05 am

Just finished a playthrough of Skyward Sword with my flatmate today, so in a Zelda mood. Snapped that book up.

Image

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests