Best fighting game for the PS4

Anything to do with games at all.
souljahsstory
Member
Joined in 2008

PostBest fighting game for the PS4
by souljahsstory » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:08 am

My nephew who is 7 going on 50. Is wanting a copy of Street Fighter V for his playstation 4 and i'm wondering if it's worth getting the Street Fighter V arcade edition for him? Or if there's a better alternative?

His dad already plays Mortal Kombat (which i'm not sure if he's allowed to play)

Any suggestions would really be helpful as otherwise I might just get him the arcade edition.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DaddyBrown73

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Gemini73 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 am

SF V Arcade is superb and very accessible for new comers, and at £30 it's a steal. As a parent I'd highly recommend it for kids.

Tekken 7 is also worth a look. Again, easy to pick up, lots of characters and games modes to choose from. Can be picked up for £20 and under.

Blaze Blu and the Guilty Gear games are also excellent, but I don't feel are quite as accessible as those mentioned above.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
souljahsstory
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by souljahsstory » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:20 am

Gemini73 wrote:SF V Arcade is superb and very accessible for new comers, and at £30 it's a steal. As a parent I'd highly recommend it for kids.

Tekken 7 is also worth a look. Again, easy to pick up, lots of characters and games modes to choose from. Can be picked up for £20 and under.

Blaze Blu and the Guilty Gear games are also excellent, but I don't feel are quite as accessible as those mentioned above.


Cheers dude. Mucho Appreciated.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:06 am

Gang Beasts :toot:

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

Is he into superheroes? Maybe he’d like Injustice, it’s similar to Mortal Kombat but not nearly as gratuitously violent or gory.

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Trelliz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 am

Its a bit left-field but there is a kung fu panda game which is basically smash bros if that helps, it is or was on ps+ recently. If he's into DBZ the new game is probably a shoe-in.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Manwell Pablo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Is he into superheroes? Maybe he’d like Injustice, it’s similar to Mortal Kombat but not nearly as gratuitously violent or gory.


I've got to side with this. Injustice 2 is not only accessible and suitable it's for me the best fighting game on the market. (not that I've played them all)

Image
souljahsstory
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by souljahsstory » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Cheers guys. He does like his superheroes. But more of a Marvel fan than DC, (something i'm working on changing) I might actually get a couple for him and see how he gets on with them.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Mafro » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm

souljahsstory wrote:Cheers guys. He does like his superheroes. But more of a Marvel fan than DC, (something i'm working on changing) I might actually get a couple for him and see how he gets on with them.

One of the Marvel vs Capcom games?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Fade » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm

Mafro wrote:
souljahsstory wrote:Cheers guys. He does like his superheroes. But more of a Marvel fan than DC, (something i'm working on changing) I might actually get a couple for him and see how he gets on with them.

One of the Marvel vs Capcom games?

Yeah, MvC is way more casual and fun than Street Fighter

Image
User avatar
Pedro
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leeds

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Pedro » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 am

Tekken 7 is great value. The customisation of characters alone would probably be a great time sink for a youngster.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by jawafour » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:53 am

The new Dragon Ball Fighterz is currently getting rave reviews.

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Winckle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:26 am

Manwell Pablo wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Is he into superheroes? Maybe he’d like Injustice, it’s similar to Mortal Kombat but not nearly as gratuitously violent or gory.


I've got to side with this. Injustice 2 is not only accessible and suitable it's for me the best fighting game on the market. (not that I've played them all)

I'm really enjoying this as well, it's got a simpler combo system than Street Fighter, and is also better for playing on a standard controller instead of a dedicated joystick.

User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:53 pm

First Injustice was "free" on Plus a while ago too so his dad might already have it.

Image
souljahsstory
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by souljahsstory » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've gone with the arcade edition of SV 5 for him as that's what he really wanted. But tempted to pick up a copy of DragonBall fighterZ if that reviews well.

He's played Marvel vs Capcom but didn't really get into it and Injustice looks like it plays a bit like Mortal Kombat which his dad has and he's never showed any interest in that.

I do like the look of Gang Beasts though.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DaddyBrown73

PostRe: Best fighting game for the PS4
by Gemini73 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm

souljahsstory wrote:Thanks for all the suggestions. I've gone with the arcade edition of SV 5 for him as that's what he really wanted. But tempted to pick up a copy of DragonBall fighterZ if that reviews well.



Firstly, no worries. Second, good choice. Lastly, DBF is reviewing very well. 8-)

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jazzem, Parksey and 38 guests