GRcade Shop - Now Open!

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 pm 
Member
User avatar
My friend is frantically trying to source a second kitten, with certain requirements (age, colour and gender). She's put an advert in the local paper and, on my advice, has put an advert up on Gumtree.

It's been about a week now and all she's had is people offering her kittens older then she's specified in her adverts... She's after a kitten of up to 4 months old and apparently someone said it's not the season. Is that true? Knowing hardly anything about cats I wouldn't know.

Any advice on the best/quickest way to source a kitten and general advice is appreciated.

She lives in south-east London, but has a car and is willing to travel, if that makes a difference!

Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:02 pm 
Member
User avatar
her best bet would be to go to her local vets and ask them they will know of whats going on around there and give good pointers. also they would be able to keep an eye out too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:03 am 
Member
User avatar
Keep an eye out in the paper for people wanting homes for theirs.

If she is fussy and wants one exactly like she "orders" then visit pet shops.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:11 am 
Member
User avatar

AKA: A Little Cocky Child
She should stop being a picky bitch and take what's available. Loads of cats get put down all the time because people don't take them in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:19 am 
Member
User avatar
Exactly. It is hard not to fall in love with one, no matter what it looks like.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:26 am 
Member
User avatar

AKA: rich_brad29
Consider the Cat's Protection League - http://www.cats.org.uk/

Though I would imagine winter isn't a good time for getting kittens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am 
Member
User avatar
smurphy wrote:
She should stop being a picky bitch and take what's available. Loads of cats get put down all the time because people don't take them in.


this :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am 
Member
User avatar
RSPCA - I can understand having certain requirements (when my brother had his second cat, it had to be a kitten because his first cat kept on attacking adult cats) but being that fussy is never good when there are plenty of cats/kittens out there who need good homes and are getting overlooked because they are the wrong colour


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:30 pm 
Emeritus
User avatar

AKA: abcd
Quote:
Best places to look for kittens?



In boxes by the side of the road.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 pm 
Member
User avatar
abcd wrote:
Quote:
Best places to look for kittens?



In boxes by the side of the road.


black bags in canals ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 pm 
Emeritus
User avatar

AKA: abcd
Errkal wrote:
abcd wrote:
Quote:
Best places to look for kittens?



In boxes by the side of the road.


black bags in canals ??



That's right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm 
Member
User avatar
Outrunner wrote:
RSPCA - I can understand having certain requirements (when my brother had his second cat, it had to be a kitten because his first cat kept on attacking adult cats) but being that fussy is never good when there are plenty of cats/kittens out there who need good homes and are getting overlooked because they are the wrong colour


this this this

_________________
i heard the voice of god in my head so i grabbed a rock in a fashionista way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm 
Member
User avatar
Thanks for the replies so far.

smurphy wrote:
She should stop being a picky bitch and take what's available. Loads of cats get put down all the time because people don't take them in.


I'm afraid I don't agree with this view at all. Why would you want someone to have a pet they don't want? It's the people who take on pets and then dump them that are at fault.

She's after a young cat as she wants to train it herself and bring it up to be affectionate (solitary cats are the most strawberry floating pointless pets; "meow, feed me" *buggers off until next meal time*) like her current one is. She also wants a make cat as they tend to be more affectionate. And, finally, she wants a black cat as her current one in.black and they look awesome. :shifty:

I will tell her to check out the Cat League thing, RSPCA and her vets. I suspect rescue cats are out of the question as she's after a young kitten.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated! Are there any other websites she could use?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:01 pm 
Member
User avatar
She's after a young cat as she wants to train it herself

:lol:

Cat says "strawberry float you bitch".

Train a cat indeed.

_________________
Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:
People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 pm 
Member
User avatar
OnlyShallow wrote:
She's after a young cat as she wants to train it herself

:lol:

Cat says "strawberry float you bitch".

Train a cat indeed.


well put !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm 
Member
User avatar
Wut. Kitten then.. Though a kitten is cat, right? :shifty:

And I don't mean train it as in collecting the paper and doing the hoovering but to be loving and not boring!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:12 pm 
Member
User avatar
jamcc wrote:
Wut. Kitten then.. Though a kitten is cat, right? :shifty:

And I don't mean train it as in collecting the paper and doing the hoovering but to be loving and not boring!

Cats do what they want. Having one from a kitten won't change how the cat turns out. If a cat is going to turn out to be a bastard it will be a bastard, no amount of affection as a kitten will change that.

_________________
Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:
People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:17 pm 
Member

AKA: AKA:
Please do not speak to your friend again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm 
Member
User avatar
OnlyShallow wrote:
jamcc wrote:
Wut. Kitten then.. Though a kitten is cat, right? :shifty:

And I don't mean train it as in collecting the paper and doing the hoovering but to be loving and not boring!

Cats do what they want. Having one from a kitten won't change how the cat turns out. If a cat is going to turn out to be a bastard it will be a bastard, no amount of affection as a kitten will change that.


That's just not true.

Jesus, ATF has become a very hostile place recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm 
Member

AKA: AKA:
Go away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group