Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Returns 6th August

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 pm

That nacho tension :dread:

Why do I get the feeling Chuck's description of how his house party should be is going to be exactly how his funeral wake at his home will play out...

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Moggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:30 pm

strawberry floating hell Jimmy, by all means get a payout but don't make a nice old lady lose all her friends. :x

Chuck. :lol:

Nacho's dad :cry:

Kim. :shock:

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by shadow202 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Moggy wrote:strawberry floating hell Jimmy, by all means get a payout but don't make a nice old lady lose all her friends. :x

Chuck. [emoji38]

Nacho's dad :cry:

Kim. :shock:

I think this is the first episode I've watched and though Jimmy you truly are a banana split. What a great episode today's was.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: RE: Re: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Moggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 pm

shadow202 wrote:
Moggy wrote:strawberry floating hell Jimmy, by all means get a payout but don't make a nice old lady lose all her friends. :x

Chuck. [emoji38]

Nacho's dad :cry:

Kim. :shock:

I think this is the first episode I've watched and though Jimmy you truly are a banana split. What a great episode today's was.


I feel the same, great episode and Jimmy was a banana split.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Irene :(

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Ad7 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:58 pm

Irene, urgh that got me when they blanked her at the Mall :( . Jimmy you strawberry floating banana split :x

Chuck, master troll :lol:

The guy who plays Charles is superb, nails the character :lol:

Saw the Kim thing coming as soon as she set off, but it was still :dread:

Hector :x

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Wedgie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:36 am

Have to say that this is the first time I don't like Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman. Using an old lady and torture her slowly for his own financial gain.

There is no remorse during the sympathy scene. And to top it off with the celebration scene is pretty sickening.

Seems Kim is having her Skylar White moment.

I think next season will be the last, as the metamorphis of Jimmy into Saul Goodman is coming to an end and Jimmy will be no more.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by BID0 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 am

Ad7 wrote:Irene, urgh that got me when they blanked her at the Mall :( . Jimmy you strawberry floating banana split :x

I can't believe he did that :x

Ad7 wrote:Saw the Kim thing coming as soon as she set off, but it was still :dread:

I thought they were setting something like that up for the end of the season with the rolling car/oil drill, didn't expect it to happen so soon.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Moggy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:51 am

Wedgie wrote:I think next season will be the last, as the metamorphis of Jimmy into Saul Goodman is coming to an end and Jimmy will be no more.


There’s potential for it to last longer, but I think you might be right, they are certainly moving quickly towards the BB era.

I wonder if they will continue afterwards in the post BB world? They have showed a tiny bit of what became of Jimmy/Saul but I think they will probably kill him off once the prequel stuff has caught up with BB.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Wedgie » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Yeah, but then we have a pretty well plenty of time before Jimmy meet Walt and Jessie as a duo.

I'm not sure if Jessie met him before he teamed up with Walt.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Moggy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:51 pm

I’m not sure if it was ever made clear if Jessie knew Saul. He told Walt they should go to a criminal lawyer, but I always took it that he only knew of Saul from the TV adverts and maybe from his friends.

Either way, BCS could last another 3 or 4 seasons building up to Jessie and Walt visiting him, or it could all end next season. This season has been of such amazing quality that I hope it goes on forever. :wub:

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by abcd » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:53 pm

I don't why it should end before BB starts.

I suspect we'll have an episode of "What Saul did next" after BB to come.

Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Garth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Poor Irene :(

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Another fantastic episode! Got worried that we were going to witness the end of Kim for a minute there, although there's still time for an unhappy ending yet!

Feels like they could keep BCS going for a while yet chronologically speaking. Although recently I've been getting a bit confused about the timeline on this. Didn't the original blurb describe this as set 6 years before BB? Which would make it 2002 at the start, assuming a degree of time has passed you would expect us to be in at least 03 by now. However in one of the recent episodes Howard and Chuck drank a "35-year-old" scotch from a box labelled 1966 indicating that we are actually only in 2001? Either way there's plenty of time before risking any overlap with BB.

ImageImage
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by abcd » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Jenuall wrote:Another fantastic episode! Got worried that we were going to witness the end of Kim for a minute there, although there's still time for an unhappy ending yet!

Feels like they could keep BCS going for a while yet chronologically speaking. Although recently I've been getting a bit confused about the timeline on this. Didn't the original blurb describe this as set 6 years before BB? Which would make it 2002 at the start, assuming a degree of time has passed you would expect us to be in at least 03 by now. However in one of the recent episodes Howard and Chuck drank a "35-year-old" scotch from a box labelled 1966 indicating that we are actually only in 2001? Either way there's plenty of time before risking any overlap with BB.



2001 was the year it was bottled, not necessarily the year it was opened. Just to clear that up.

Image
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by chalkitdown » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:59 pm

abcd wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Another fantastic episode! Got worried that we were going to witness the end of Kim for a minute there, although there's still time for an unhappy ending yet!

Feels like they could keep BCS going for a while yet chronologically speaking. Although recently I've been getting a bit confused about the timeline on this. Didn't the original blurb describe this as set 6 years before BB? Which would make it 2002 at the start, assuming a degree of time has passed you would expect us to be in at least 03 by now. However in one of the recent episodes Howard and Chuck drank a "35-year-old" scotch from a box labelled 1966 indicating that we are actually only in 2001? Either way there's plenty of time before risking any overlap with BB.



2001 was the year it was bottled, not necessarily the year it was opened. Just to clear that up.


They confirmed the year on the podcast for that episode.

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by abcd » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 am

This is new information that I wasn't aware of.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Jenuall » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 am

Ah cool, I've never listened to the podcasts - should probably give them a go!

Thanks for the heads up on the "aging" of the scotch - hadn't realised it was based on when it was bottled.

ImageImage
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Cuttooth » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Also people round things like that up and down in natural conversation.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Better Call Saul - prequel to Breaking Bad. Monday (US) & Tue (Netflix UK)
by Moggy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm

2003 it is then!


Chuck :x :cry: :x


Return to “Stuff”