Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)

Anything to do with games at all.

Kos or Kosm?

Kos
11
58%
Kosm
8
42%
 
Total votes: 19
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Hexx » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Nope. You murdered it. You have to live with yourself.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm

It gets harder to everyday :D

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 am

Hexx wrote:Nope. You murdered it. You have to live with yourself.

Haha you were wrong :D I looked up to see what it was I was supposed to do and it turned out I didn't even have the emote! So just now I went and got it. Not sure I would have worked it out anyway as it didn't exactly tell me anything. Maybe if at some other point the gestures had been used to open a door or something I might have thought about them rather then forgetting they exist. So I then went back to Mother Brain just in case and bloody hell there it was! :D

Then I did a bit of a check on the NPCs again. Just to see if anything new had happened. Not sure it had. But this included a trip to the lecture hall to see Spider Anakin and he wasn't there but I did remember there was a note about Paleblood there. So I reread it and the one next to it about the chords. Hmmmmm. Got me thinking. :D I'm still looking for Paleblood. Seems obvious that's to do with the moon. Not really sure about the cords though. I have some. But they seem to be consumables to increase insight. So I dunno if I'm meant to use them somewhere. There is still the "do nothing" bit at the alter of despair. :D But I've had the cords ages so I don't think that's to do with it.

Only other thing is I bought some stuff from the shops. Was too tired to stream.

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 pm

Well. Benefits cheat and Moon Xenomorph are dead. :D

THE END. :D

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by jawafour » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:...THE END. :D

Nice play, Matt. It was cool to witness those final battles on the live stream :toot: .

So... your assessment. I recall that you awarded Dark Souls 7/10 and, from watching your play and reading your updates, it feels like you enjoyed Bloodborne a little more than that?

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:05 pm

jawafour wrote:
The Watching Artist wrote:...THE END. :D

Nice play, Matt. It was cool to witness those final battles on the live stream :toot: .

So... your assessment. I recall that you awarded Dark Souls 7/10 and, from watching your play and reading your updates, it feels like you enjoyed Bloodborne a little more than that?

Yeah I did. :D Mostly.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Hexx » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm

How the strawberry float did you end up fighting gthr moon presence :lol:

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:01 pm

Hexx wrote:How the strawberry float did you end up fighting gthr moon presence :lol:

A combo of this-
The Watching Artist wrote:this included a trip to the lecture hall to see Spider Anakin and he wasn't there but I did remember there was a note about Paleblood there. So I reread it and the one next to it about the chords. Hmmmmm. Got me thinking. :D I'm still looking for Paleblood. Seems obvious that's to do with the moon. Not really sure about the cords though. I have some. But they seem to be consumables to increase insight. So I dunno if I'm meant to use them somewhere. There is still the "do nothing" bit at the alter of despair. :D But I've had the cords ages so I don't think that's to do with it.

and kind sweet Xantham telling me in the chat. :wub: :D I thought Paleblood might be the last boss. I was after all seeking it to end the night/dream and killing bosses has ended dreams/nightmares before. So kill Paleblood equals end game. The note said something along the lines of people summoning the Paleblood, presumably to create a dream? The cords are consumables and so they ate them to bring forth the Paleblood? Anyway. So I did some farming before I took on the end game. Xantham pops into the chat and I'm talking about this stuff. How I know there is something going on here but I don't understand how it works. I know I can consume them for insight. Do I do this somewhere specific? At a special point? What does this actually do? I've no idea.

Xantham says just eat them for the true ending. :lol: So yeah. Whilst I'm annoyed I'm also glad he did. Thats way to cryptic and I'd have been well pissed to find out I'd missed out on a boss fight because one note just says "3 third cords". It was the only thing I could do with them but I never needed insight so I probably wouldn't have used them. There was obviously something going on with them and Xantham just explained how to use them.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Hexx » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Ah, someone told you. That explains it.

I really can't type out all the implications of dreams, nightmare and endings.

You're quite far off - but if you believe it that's enough

User avatar
IAmTheSantaMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by IAmTheSantaMan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 pm

What I found confusing is that the "real" end boss is actually easier than the standard one. It took several frustrated tries before I beat Gehrman but I killed Moon Prescence first try, in NG+ too. I gooseberry fool myself when he did his big attack mind but I realised that it couldn't actually kill me and he was left winded afterwards giving a big window of opportunity for healing and getting some digs in.

Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by The Watching Artist » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Hexx wrote:You're quite far off

meh :D
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:What I found confusing is that the "real" end boss is actually easier than the standard one. It took several frustrated tries before I beat Gehrman but I killed Moon Prescence first try, in NG+ too. I gooseberry fool myself when he did his big attack mind but I realised that it couldn't actually kill me and he was left winded afterwards giving a big window of opportunity for healing and getting some digs in.

To me this made some sense. After all it directly follows one fight so to give you something even harder would be rather dickish. Nothing new for the game mind. It took me two attempts to get Benefit Fraud and I was just one hit away the first time. Then two again for the Moonomorph. I might have been able to get him the first time but I just never got set and ready. That big attack was really cheap but thankfully had plenty of time to recover. Would have been well gooseberry fool if I'd run out of vials though. :D I felt really OP for Moonomorph. I wasn't really keen on the fight tbh. I was really worried it was going to be another huge messy fight where you spend most of the time just fighting the camera. This happened but it went by quickly. Fighting Benefit Fraud was pretty good though. :D One move he did in the air which was odd seemed rather cack. I felt like I was miles away but couldn't ever really see clearly because the camera hates me. Also the sheer speed and distance he covered meant the camera was often spinning around like buggery.

I'm a bit torn on if I prefer the end of this or DS. On the whole I think BB edges it (for a variety of reasons) but there was something special about that last area in DS. It really felt like it had built to that point.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Saint of Killers » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:12 am

Players discover Bloodborne's missing monster in-game, three years after release

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... er-release



| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
*<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by *<]:^D » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:01 pm

Miyazaki is such a troll :lol:

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Rudolphin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Going through this for the second time, this time with a guide so I can get to all the gooseberry fool I missed first time.

Just murdered Martyr Logarius after 100 strawberry floating tries then immediately lost 60 000 echoes grinding the flea things outside the castle entrance.

:fp:

Also, here's the link to a 108 page essay on the Bloodborne's lore. I don't agree with all of it, but there's some stuff in there I would never have pieces together myself.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5 ... obilebasic

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Riksilver
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Riksilver » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Got a PS4 recently and Bloodborne was high on my to-play list so jumped right on it when I saw it was in the Black Friday sale. Not sure what to think of it yet as I've spent at least three hours stuck in the opening area because this is my first FromSoft game and I've yet to git gud - furthest I've got so far was to a bridge with some werewolves (which murderdeaded me) and into some sewers full of giant rats (which also murderdeaded me after I accidentally rolled off a ledge and fell into their nest). I'd be enjoying it a lot more if I had any story threads to go off, I know you're meant to piece together the lore yourself but it's very bare bones at the minute. Also feel like there's not enough scope for actually improving your character to be able to progress more easily, I've read you can level up once you reach the first boss but I've yet to actually reach it :(
Also kind of wish I'd gone for different weapons, the axe is alright but in hindsight I'd probably have been better with the saw. Tempted to just restart to get it since I wouldn't really be losing much progress.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Rudolphin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 pm

The saw has been my go to weapon for two thirds of the game. All the starting weapons are great actually, and certainly don't warrant a restart.

Something I woish I'd known from the start: think of this as a Roguelite with RPG elements. Unless you're intricately familiar with each enemy you'll need to do some grinding to make progress. Go through the opening area carefully a few times, killing as many guys as you can and spending the bloodechoes on levelling up.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Advent7 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Riksilver wrote:Got a PS4 recently and Bloodborne was high on my to-play list so jumped right on it when I saw it was in the Black Friday sale. Not sure what to think of it yet as I've spent at least three hours stuck in the opening area because this is my first FromSoft game and I've yet to git gud - furthest I've got so far was to a bridge with some werewolves (which murderdeaded me) and into some sewers full of giant rats (which also murderdeaded me after I accidentally rolled off a ledge and fell into their nest). I'd be enjoying it a lot more if I had any story threads to go off, I know you're meant to piece together the lore yourself but it's very bare bones at the minute. Also feel like there's not enough scope for actually improving your character to be able to progress more easily, I've read you can level up once you reach the first boss but I've yet to actually reach it :(
Also kind of wish I'd gone for different weapons, the axe is alright but in hindsight I'd probably have been better with the saw. Tempted to just restart to get it since I wouldn't really be losing much progress.


You know the werewolf bridge... well if you want to face the first boss then turn left and go to the end. You're about 10 seconds away from it. As per taf's advice, just treat it like a rougelike, realise that death doesn't really matter and learn from each mistake to get that little bit further and you'll eventually unlock shortcuts here and there making progress quicker.

Don't worry about trying to follow a story, I finished it and I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the lore.

A good tip a lot of behinners don't get is to not use the heavy attack of your weapon. I believe faster light attacks to be better then fewer heavier ones. You use less stamina leaving you more to dodge. Oh and dodge. Do a single hit, then change your position with a dodge. Get used to moving around and not just hammer the attack button as thast approach will be quickly interrupted and leave you dead very quickly.

And git gud of course.

Image
User avatar
Riksilver
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by Riksilver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 am

I got a bit further in my session after tea and made it to the Cleric Beast so now I can actually grind yay (did get my arse handed to me several times though). Now I'm doing a bit of a circuit taking in the two brick trolls and the dark house plus the crows/troll on the bridge to get some blood pumping.
Tafdolphin wrote:Something I wish I'd known from the start: think of this as a Roguelite with RPG elements. Unless you're intricately familiar with each enemy you'll need to do some grinding to make progress. Go through the opening area carefully a few times, killing as many guys as you can and spending the bloodechoes on levelling up.

Yeah, I'm getting more into that rhythm now that the level-up doll has woken up. Kind of just pumping into Vit and End atm so that I have more leeway for mistakes, with a bit of Str to pack more punch.
Ad7 wrote:Don't worry about trying to follow a story, I finished it and I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the lore.

I'm too used to Met and Jen arguing over the lore on our ONM chat, half the reason I wanted to get into it is that I like the mystery aspect of it. Given I still haven't had any clear directions off anyone I do get what you mean though, I probably went in expecting too much too soon.
A good tip a lot of behinners don't get is to not use the heavy attack of your weapon. I believe faster light attacks to be better then fewer heavier ones. You use less stamina leaving you more to dodge. Oh and dodge. Do a single hit, then change your position with a dodge. Get used to moving around and not just hammer the attack button as thast approach will be quickly interrupted and leave you dead very quickly.

I was definitely going wrong with this before, was too keen to do some punishing lol. Only really using heavies now with the long axe for easy crowd control if there are two or three gangly bois just in front, and for getting the odd cheeky stagger for counters (which are another thing that I didn't know about till some noob guide googling).
And git gud of course.

Truly the most noble of pursuits

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by jawafour » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 am

A Bloodborne comic, “The Death of Sleep”, is in production and scheduled to launch in February.
Image

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Bloodborne - The Nightly Hunt begins... (The Old Hunters DLC out Tuesday!)
by CuriousOyster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 am

Riksilver wrote:Got a PS4 recently and Bloodborne was high on my to-play list so jumped right on it when I saw it was in the Black Friday sale. Not sure what to think of it yet as I've spent at least three hours stuck in the opening area because this is my first FromSoft game and I've yet to git gud - furthest I've got so far was to a bridge with some werewolves (which murderdeaded me) and into some sewers full of giant rats (which also murderdeaded me after I accidentally rolled off a ledge and fell into their nest). I'd be enjoying it a lot more if I had any story threads to go off, I know you're meant to piece together the lore yourself but it's very bare bones at the minute. Also feel like there's not enough scope for actually improving your character to be able to progress more easily, I've read you can level up once you reach the first boss but I've yet to actually reach it :(
Also kind of wish I'd gone for different weapons, the axe is alright but in hindsight I'd probably have been better with the saw. Tempted to just restart to get it since I wouldn't really be losing much progress.


Similar boat to you, in the same area and struggling as first FromSoft game too. Really look look and feel of game just annoyed im so crap :slol: Reinstalled as got bigger HDD so may well give it another bash tonight.

Comic looks fantastic


Return to “Games”