Burgers

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Burgers
by Rocsteady » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 am

There's a bread meats bread in Edinburgh now. Go there.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Burgers
by Lagamorph » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

Hm, about a 20 minute walk from where I'm staying. Might check it out then, probably tomorrow night.

Looking at their menu I might grab the Pastrami burger with an extra topping of pulled pork.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Burgers
by Lagamorph » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Rocsteady wrote:There's a bread meats bread in Edinburgh now. Go there.

That was quite possibly the greasiest thing I've ever eaten, and I'm from Teesside.

In fairness, I don't think the burger was the problem but the pulled pork. It was OK at first but as soon as I pushed down on the top just got grease all over the plate and the bottom bun practically disintegrated. The pulled pork that fell onto the plate was incredibly bland too, not a hint if anything I'd describe as bbq.
Annoyingly the Edinburgh one doesn't take Amex either for some reason, even though she admitted the Glasgow one does.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Burgers
by Rocsteady » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:There's a bread meats bread in Edinburgh now. Go there.

That was quite possibly the greasiest thing I've ever eaten, and I'm from Teesside.

In fairness, I don't think the burger was the problem but the pulled pork. It was OK at first but as soon as I pushed down on the top just got grease all over the plate and the bottom bun practically disintegrated. The pulled pork that fell onto the plate was incredibly bland too, not a hint if anything I'd describe as bbq.
Annoyingly the Edinburgh one doesn't take Amex either for some reason, even though she admitted the Glasgow one does.

Fair enough, apologies. I've only ever eaten at the Glasgow branch and it's great, had just assumed it would be identical.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Burgers
by Lagamorph » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:There's a bread meats bread in Edinburgh now. Go there.

That was quite possibly the greasiest thing I've ever eaten, and I'm from Teesside.

In fairness, I don't think the burger was the problem but the pulled pork. It was OK at first but as soon as I pushed down on the top just got grease all over the plate and the bottom bun practically disintegrated. The pulled pork that fell onto the plate was incredibly bland too, not a hint if anything I'd describe as bbq.
Annoyingly the Edinburgh one doesn't take Amex either for some reason, even though she admitted the Glasgow one does.

Fair enough, apologies. I've only ever eaten at the Glasgow branch and it's great, had just assumed it would be identical.

I'm possibly up in Glasgow towards the end of July so I might check out the Glasgow one then and see if it's any better. Will avoid the Pulled Pork though.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Burgers
by Mini E » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Burger Brothers in Brighton is the absolute tits :wub:

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Burgers
by Dual » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:25 pm

I liked Meat Liquor in Brighton.

User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Burgers
by BTB » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Mini E wrote:Burger Brothers in Brighton is the absolute tits :wub:

I went there last time I was in Brighton! Tiny place and very easy to miss but fantastic burgers. Perfect hangover cure.

User avatar
Nathanbrains
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brigton, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Burgers
by Nathanbrains » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

They're good, but they're no Burger Off, which is without question the king of burger outlets in Brighton.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Burgers
by Lagamorph » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Dual wrote:I liked Meat Liquor in Brighton.

The one in Leeds had incredibly poor service when I went and the burgers weren't that great.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Burgers
by Errkal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Nathanbrains wrote:They're good, but they're no Burger Off, which is without question the king of burger outlets in Brighton.


Might to check it out when I next head over to Brighton. We have a newish place in Hastings that is epic called Half Man Half Burger. Bloody awesome burgers but the place is packed constantly so getting in is a bitch, there is pretty much always a queue of people waiting for them to open!

They also have really good beers on which is double awesome.

Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Burgers
by Ste » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Went to Five Guys at lunch for the first time.

strawberry float me it's expensive! About £13 for a bacon cheeseburger, fries and drink.

The burger was nice but didn't justify the price. Think I'll stick to BK from now on.

Got a shed load of fries. Too many to finish. Don't think it was the usual amount you get.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Burgers
by Drumstick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 pm

£13?! Christ on a bike.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Burgers
by Frank » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Nah, they always give you wayyyy too many fries. Presumably to try and justify the inflated cost for a dreadful burger. And they're always super salty.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Burgers
by Poser » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Dual wrote:I liked Meat Liquor in Brighton.


Or, to give it its full title: "Meat, Liquor, Plough 'er, and worry about the relationship technicalities later."

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Burgers
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:41 pm

This is why you're Banned.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Burgers
by DML » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Frank wrote:Nah, they always give you wayyyy too many fries. Presumably to try and justify the inflated cost for a dreadful burger. And they're always super salty.


I found out today a medium fries there is the equivalent of nearly 2 and a half Big Macs calorie-wise.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Burgers
by Preezy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:35 pm

Dual wrote:I liked Meat Liquor in Brighton.

+1

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Burgers
by Grumpy David » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Anyone tried "The Chosen Bun" in Fulham? Any good? https://www.chosenbun.com

I also want to try 7Bone after looking at their instagram page but Camberley is quite a far drive for a burger. http://www.7bone.co.uk

After trying Five Guys a few more times I've become a bigger fan of it compared to my first burger there.

ShakeShack burger has rubbish chips but the vanilla milkshake was awesome and the burger was quite good but I'd rather go MEATmarket in Covent Garden instead.

MEATmarket Dead Hippie burger is incredible.

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Burgers
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:45 pm

Five Guys burgers are worth the price :datass:.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, andretmzt, Brerlappin, BTB, Denster, Frank, Garth, Mafro, Met, Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, PaperMacheMario, Poser, Skippy, Squinty, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests