SilentRight wrote:Well I did some reading on the subject of aluminum wiring and yeah, I'm not buying this house. Aluminum wiring is 50 times more likely to result in fires than copper wiring...
The only solution would normally be to re-wire the whole house, however since it's a town house I would just be surrounded by a bunch of other people with this wiring. Everything I read about it basically goes like "it CAN be safe BUT...", "it is just as good AS LONG AS..."
If I had bought the house already I guess it would be something I would just have to live with but there's no need for me to put myself in a bad position. The house wasn't even being sold for cheap!
I'm sure you could just get an electrician to give it a once over, aluminium has a lower rating than copper but there is nothing dangerous about it.