Car Thread II

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Alvin Flummux » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 am

Rightey wrote:Is it only when it's raining? Is the A pillar damp as well? If so it could be the seal around the windshield/ or frame is cracked somewhere. Go to a hardware store and get a tube of clear silicone calk, then after wiping down the windshield and A pillars to get rid of any dirt and dust, apply the silicone gel.


I checked a few minutes ago, and the water seems to be dripping down into the driver's side area from the hood opener lever on the extreme left side of the underside of the dash.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Rightey » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:37 am

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Rightey wrote:Is it only when it's raining? Is the A pillar damp as well? If so it could be the seal around the windshield/ or frame is cracked somewhere. Go to a hardware store and get a tube of clear silicone calk, then after wiping down the windshield and A pillars to get rid of any dirt and dust, apply the silicone gel.


I checked a few minutes ago, and the water seems to be dripping down into the driver's side area from the hood opener lever on the extreme left side of the underside of the dash.


Oh that's not good. In most cars there is a fuse box close by near the drivers side footwell, if water gets in there you could have serious trouble

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Car Thread II
by rinks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:26 pm

I had a low-coolant warning this morning. As an emergency measure, I just grabbed a jug from the kitchen and topped it up with tap water. Will that be OK?

(It's due a service next month, so I can get them to replace it with proper coolant then.)

This is the death of intelligence
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by BOR » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:09 pm

rinks wrote:I had a low-coolant warning this morning. As an emergency measure, I just grabbed a jug from the kitchen and topped it up with tap water. Will that be OK?

(It's due a service next month, so I can get them to replace it with proper coolant then.)

Yeah it should be okay but keep an eye on it though.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Car Thread II
by rinks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 pm

BOR wrote:
rinks wrote:I had a low-coolant warning this morning. As an emergency measure, I just grabbed a jug from the kitchen and topped it up with tap water. Will that be OK?

(It's due a service next month, so I can get them to replace it with proper coolant then.)

Yeah it should be okay but keep an eye on it though.

Ok, cheers. Do you think I should have rinsed the bean juice out of the jug first?

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Poser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:12 pm

rinks wrote:
BOR wrote:
rinks wrote:I had a low-coolant warning this morning. As an emergency measure, I just grabbed a jug from the kitchen and topped it up with tap water. Will that be OK?

(It's due a service next month, so I can get them to replace it with proper coolant then.)

Yeah it should be okay but keep an eye on it though.

Ok, cheers. Do you think I should have rinsed the bean juice out of the jug first?


Nah. It's what the B of BHP stands for.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Buffalo wrote:The Kuga won't get delivered until November, the Tucson's boot was a weird shape, the CR-V has a huge back end, so it's looking like a Qashquai. The N-Connecta trim, hopefully.


Mate, you live in Sunderland. You've seen the kind of knuckledraggers that build those!

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Lagamorph » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 pm

My brother used to have a Qashqai. It was purple and I called it the Fabulousmobile for the entire time he had it.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Lagamorph wrote:My brother used to have a Qashqai. It was purple and I called it the Fabulousmobile for the entire time he had it.


I didn't know Hexx was your brother!

Image
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by mcjihge2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:54 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41060244

Eight people have died in a crash involving a minibus and two lorries on the M1 near Milton Keynes.
All of those who died are believed to have been travelling in the minibus, which was from the Nottingham area.
The two lorry drivers have been arrested, one of them on suspicion of driving while over the alcohol limit.
Four people have been taken to hospital, including a child, Thames Valley Police said.
The crash happened on the southbound M1 at Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire just before 03:15 BST.


Those responsible should be jailed for 8 murders.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Car Thread II
by jiggles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Lease is up in 2 weeks so I have to give the Mercedes back. :(

Bought a Tucson this morning though. :toot:

Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 pm


User avatar
kommissarboris
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: belfast

PostRe: Car Thread II
by kommissarboris » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 pm

took the catalytic converter out, put a throaty sports exhaust on, put a smaller pulley on the super charger, changed the air filter, put an induction kit into her and a stage 1 remap, second stage I believe is changing the charger which is too expensive currently.

Went from 156bhp to 197bhp. all for less than 500 quid give or take.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Poser » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 am

How much was the exhaust?! Decent gains there, though.

(Sorry, remind me what you're driving again mate...)

Image
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:25 am

Is that MOT safe (or whatever you guys do)? Decatting will get you in the gooseberry fool here now. Of course you can swap the pipe out if you want but seems more effort than its worth.

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Poser » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:Is that MOT safe (or whatever you guys do)? Decatting will get you in the gooseberry fool here now. Of course you can swap the pipe out if you want but seems more effort than its worth.


^^^ That was my other question. I always wonder who can be arsed with keeping a spare exhaust section just to swap it on at MOT time. Definitely not for me, that.

Image
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 am

Poser when are we having a Scooby race meet?

User avatar
kommissarboris
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: belfast

PostRe: Car Thread II
by kommissarboris » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Poser wrote:How much was the exhaust?! Decent gains there, though.

(Sorry, remind me what you're driving again mate...)


2005 sports coupe C class Merc 200.

the exhaust was 400, removed the back box for a sports one, put an oval end on, the exhaust was up to the cat just. Can't actually remember the brand, it's not power flow, Perrin I think, not sure.

Car has 2 cats, now it has one, its fine.

Think I'm done upgrading, last thing I did was take the double din out and replace with a touch screen job, so many after market dins are chavy as strawberry float, took time and money (£400) to find some thing decent, runs on android and has a decent wee satnav, problem was my car audio is all fiber optics so had to buy a converter and stuff, then getting the old one out and putting this in, plus all the cables and nonsense ended up getting angry and taking it to a car audio/electric place to install.

Not bad, the lights behind the buttons in the car are orange, the lights on it are red and I'm tempted, but dunno if I could be arsed, to change all the lights out to be the same colour.

Image

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by BOR » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 am

The new Volvo XC40 looks neat and it will be mine one day, I hope. :datass:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Car Thread II
by Rightey » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:16 am

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:Is that MOT safe (or whatever you guys do)? Decatting will get you in the gooseberry fool here now. Of course you can swap the pipe out if you want but seems more effort than its worth.


This kind of happened to me with my Lexus, I got a new exhaust fitted a little while after I first bought it. The plan was to keep the original catalytic converters and just replace the pipes. When the shop I went to took off the pipes it had turned out someone else had taken the catalytic converters out and replaced them with hollow pieces of pipe that just looked like cats, which meant I had to spend a few extra hundred (I think maybe $400 :x ) to buy one.

I figure the reason it passed the emissions test when I first bought it is because they just plug the cars into a machine now and read information from the ODBII, whereas before they actually stuck a sensor in the tailpipe to get the emission readings.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Denster, Dowbocop, Google [Bot], ignition, lex-man, PaperMacheMario, Pedz, Preezy, Spindash, Tafdolphin, Trelliz and 50 guests