Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by DML » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by DML » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
DML wrote:TV has completely changed in five years. So have most things!


Come on, DML, it's just a laugh. Don't take it personal like.


Not taken it personal. I wasn't wrong. It's just they've changed their charter in recent years and it's a reflection on how bad Channel 4s ratings have got.

Image
User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by Johnny Ryall » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 pm

DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by DML » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:
DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.


Hey I'm telling the truth. TV will change.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by Errkal » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:15 am

Johnny Ryall wrote:
DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.


If all you view is Netflix, YouTube and WWE you don't need a licence, unless WWE is on sky or something.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostThis is radio, not television
by chalkitdown » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 am

Christmas Crackerrkal wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:
DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.


If all you view is Netflix, YouTube and WWE you don't need a licence, unless WWE is on sky or something.


In Ireland you have to pay the license if you own a device capable of receiving a TV signal. Don't know if it's the same in the UK or not.

I haven't had my TV box even plugged in since the world cup in July :fp: I'm paying these RTE banana splits for literally nothing. I hate it.

User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: This is radio, not television
by BID0 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:53 am

This is radio, not television wrote:
Christmas Crackerrkal wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:
DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.


If all you view is Netflix, YouTube and WWE you don't need a licence, unless WWE is on sky or something.


In Ireland you have to pay the license if you own a device capable of receiving a TV signal. Don't know if it's the same in the UK or not.

I haven't had my TV box even plugged in since the world cup in July :fp: I'm paying these RTE banana splits for literally nothing. I hate it.

Are you sure that that's the case? I don't know what it's like in Ireland so don't be offended for asking a stupid question :lol: it's just that's what a lot of people in the UK think because of the way the letters are usually worded, when in reality it's only if you record or watch live shows (and now amended to include the use of iplayer online)

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostThis is radio, not television
by chalkitdown » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:58 am

BID0 wrote:
This is radio, not television wrote:
Christmas Crackerrkal wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:
DML wrote:
Johnny Ryall wrote:Broadcast TV will be dead in 10 years


I truly work in a dying industry. :lol:


Was half joking. Really grudge paying BBC's blood money when my main (legal) viewing is YouTube, Netflix and wwe. Only broadcast TV I've watched in recent memory is Sherlock.


If all you view is Netflix, YouTube and WWE you don't need a licence, unless WWE is on sky or something.


In Ireland you have to pay the license if you own a device capable of receiving a TV signal. Don't know if it's the same in the UK or not.

I haven't had my TV box even plugged in since the world cup in July :fp: I'm paying these RTE banana splits for literally nothing. I hate it.

Are you sure that that's the case? I don't know what it's like in Ireland so don't be offended for asking a stupid question :lol: it's just that's what a lot of people in the UK think because of the way the letters are usually worded, when in reality it's only if you record or watch live shows (and now amended to include the use of iplayer online)


Unfortunately it's true for Ireland.

If your household, business or institution possesses a television or equipment capable of receiving a television signal, you are required by law to have a television licence. Even if the television or other equipment is broken and currently unable to receive a signal, it is regarded as capable of being repaired so it can receive a signal and you must hold a licence for it.


:|

€160 a year for a service I don't use. What a joke.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by Moggy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:02 am

How are you paying the BBC's blood money if you're in Ireland paying RTE?

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostThis is radio, not television
by chalkitdown » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 am

I'm not paying the BBC anything.

You actually get all the Free To Air UK channels here for nothing if you have any kind of freeview box. :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: This is radio, not television
by Moggy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:29 am

This is radio, not television wrote:I'm not paying the BBC anything.

You actually get all the Free To Air UK channels here for nothing if you have any kind of freeview box. :lol:


Yeah sorry, the quote chain confused me. :fp: :lol:

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: Channel 4 to bring back 'The Big Breakfast'?
by Johnny Ryall » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 am

Totally ot but you back in Ireland for good Irish? I thought you were living in Colombia.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: This is radio, not television
by Knoyleo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:36 am

This is radio, not television wrote:I'm not paying the BBC anything.

You actually get all the Free To Air UK channels here for nothing if you have any kind of freeview box. :lol:

Are you changing the subject line of all your posts to your username?

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: This is radio, not television
by Qikz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:38 am

Egg Knog wrote:
This is radio, not television wrote:I'm not paying the BBC anything.

You actually get all the Free To Air UK channels here for nothing if you have any kind of freeview box. :lol:

Are you changing the subject line of all your posts to your username?


It happens with whoever he quotes. I think it's a bug somehow.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostThis is radio, not television
by chalkitdown » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:Totally ot but you back in Ireland for good Irish? I thought you were living in Colombia.


I've been back for almost a year and a half. Living here full-time with the misses, now.


Return to “Stuff”