CIVILIZATION VI

Anything to do with games at all.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by HSH28 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I usually play Immortal.


That'll be why then.

Well I know, but lower difficulty levels just see me steamroll the AI with no challenge (unless it's a tiny map and again their start bonuses prove too powerful).


I don't think the game has ever been different though.

If you want that kind of a challenge you have to play against real people. Like I said I mostly play the game on King difficulty, there's never really any danger of me not winning the game, its more a case of how I want to play and getting the best score I can.

User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by OrangeReindeer » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 pm

I only play on Prince even though you'll always win because it's the only actually fair difficulty. What's the point in playing a game where it's literally stacked against you? They should improve the AI rather than just buffing it.

User avatar
Quantum Name
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Quantum Name » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Is there a release date for the Switch version at this stage?

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by HSH28 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Quantum Name wrote:Is there a release date for the Switch version at this stage?


16th of November

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 am

Don't think I'm going to invest any more time in this until they get a proper map editor. I don't understand why they've neglected that feature.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Preezy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:41 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Quantum Name wrote:Is there a release date for the Switch version at this stage?


16th of November

Damn I didn't know this was coming, what a pleasant surprise :toot:

Now they just need to release XCOM and I'll be set on Switch for quite a while.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Tomous » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:55 am

Preezy wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
Quantum Name wrote:Is there a release date for the Switch version at this stage?


16th of November

Damn I didn't know this was coming, what a pleasant surprise :toot:

Now they just need to release XCOM and I'll be set on Switch for quite a while.


They did but it was reskinned with Mario and Rabbids....

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by rinks » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Bloody hell.

Civilization 6 on Switch does not have online multiplayer

Multiplayer is limited to local play only.


https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... ultiplayer

User avatar
Sleighamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Sleighamorph » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Seems a weird omission.
Have they given any kind of explanation over it?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
OrangeReindeer
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by OrangeReindeer » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:52 pm

Eh not what I want the game for anyway so doesn't bother me

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Pancake » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:13 pm

I hope the Switch port runs well, I love Civ VI but barely have time to play it, a portable version will be perfect!

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Mafro » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:10 pm

New expansion announced


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Global warming gameplay... no mention of a World Congress.

Hmm.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Mafro » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Global warming gameplay... no mention of a World Congress.

Hmm.

WORLD CONGRESS: Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, call a Special Session to address an emergency, and increase the weight of your votes in your quest to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Mafro wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Global warming gameplay... no mention of a World Congress.

Hmm.

WORLD CONGRESS: Make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world. Earn Diplomatic Favor through Alliances, influencing city-states, competing in World Games, and more. Use Diplomatic Favor to extract promises from other leaders, vote on Resolutions, call a Special Session to address an emergency, and increase the weight of your votes in your quest to achieve the new Diplomatic Victory.

:o

I stand very happily corrected!

Image
User avatar
Knoëleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Knoëleo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Sounds interesting, but I don't know, I often turn off disasters in games like Sim City and Cities Skylines, because I don't want them running my hard work, so I've no idea how I'll feel if I wind up getting a city leveled by a volcano.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:27 am

I wonder if there'll be climatological consequences for cutting all your forests down? Chop all your forest away for farms, invite a dust bowl, etc.

User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:I wonder if there'll be climatological consequences for cutting all your forests down? Chop all your forest away for farms, invite a dust bowl, etc.

That is specifically mentioned in an interview I read yesterday. I think it said you'll cause an increase in CO2 levels which will result in water levels rising.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:I wonder if there'll be climatological consequences for cutting all your forests down? Chop all your forest away for farms, invite a dust bowl, etc.

That is specifically mentioned in an interview I read yesterday. I think it said you'll cause an increase in CO2 levels which will result in water levels rising.


So desertification is probably not happening then, just higher water levels?

User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: CIVILIZATION VI
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:I wonder if there'll be climatological consequences for cutting all your forests down? Chop all your forest away for farms, invite a dust bowl, etc.

That is specifically mentioned in an interview I read yesterday. I think it said you'll cause an increase in CO2 levels which will result in water levels rising.


So desertification is probably not happening then, just higher water levels?

I'd hope there will be a range of consequences. That was just the one I remember from the article.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Chocolate Selection Box and 45 guests