Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by more heat than light » Tue May 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Probably really early days to be asking this, but any chance of extra levels at some point? Would love to play an even more crazy 6A!

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

more heat than light wrote:Probably really early days to be asking this, but any chance of extra levels at some point? Would love to play an even more crazy 6A!


I wouldn’t rule it out. But yes, it does depend a little on how sales and stuff go over the next few weeks. Now we’re past the first week, we are starting to enter word of mouth territory, so hopefully all the positivity we’re getting gives us a bit of a tail that enables us to add some content.

However, our first priority is to release on Android and iOS for our kickstarter backers.

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Jazzem » Wed May 23, 2018 12:33 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:I've definitely got better at this, and all the world 3 bosses are excellent!

It's fun seeing GRcade names up on the leaderboards too B)


Bloody hell at your >10 minute record on 1A survival sir :shock:

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by OrangeRKN » Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Jazzem wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:I've definitely got better at this, and all the world 3 bosses are excellent!

It's fun seeing GRcade names up on the leaderboards too B)


Bloody hell at your >10 minute record on 1A survival sir :shock:


*cough*

more heat than light wrote:Are you aware that Survival mode is a bit broken? I'll spoiler the issue below because it really does ruin the mode completely.

You can pretty much survive any level indefinitely by moving to the bottom of the screen and holding left and fire


In my defence though I didn't do that for 10 minutes straight, I was messing around and you can pretty much achieve the same thing by just flipping as quickly as possible out in the open. I was playing normally until I nearly died at which point I played safe until more energy spawned

qupe
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by qupe » Sat May 26, 2018 11:00 am

I currently have 3 achievements not unlocking.

I have completed all medals, not unlocked, the guardian obliterator (I have beaten this 3 times now in normal, and on hard) and the survival god I have done all levels in normal mode with my worst being 2.50.

User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Sat May 26, 2018 6:31 pm

qupe wrote:I currently have 3 achievements not unlocking.

I have completed all medals, not unlocked, the guardian obliterator (I have beaten this 3 times now in normal, and on hard) and the survival god I have done all levels in normal mode with my worst being 2.50.


Sometimes Xbox achievements seem to take a while before they get issued - not sure why.

I know there is a patch coming soon for a few things. So if you let me know the platform and I’ll confirm fixes with Huey Games.

Cheers!

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
qupe
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by qupe » Sat May 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Starquake wrote:
qupe wrote:I currently have 3 achievements not unlocking.

I have completed all medals, not unlocked, the guardian obliterator (I have beaten this 3 times now in normal, and on hard) and the survival god I have done all levels in normal mode with my worst being 2.50.


Sometimes Xbox achievements seem to take a while before they get issued - not sure why.

I know there is a patch coming soon for a few things. So if you let me know the platform and I’ll confirm fixes with Huey Games.

Cheers!


I'll try again later Starquake. I went on Xbox via my pc and it shows 2 of them now so I'll see if they show on my Xbox. The gamerscore didn't change on the PC though. Bleeding weird.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Pedz » Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

Huey Games is currently streaming this on Mixer with its interactive features,

https://mixer.com/HueyGames

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Tue May 29, 2018 12:29 pm

Pedz wrote:Huey Games is currently streaming this on Mixer with its interactive features,

https://mixer.com/HueyGames


Both Rob and I will be streaming on the HueyGames mixer channel over the coming weeks if you want to take part. Also if you follow you’ll get a set of Hyper Sentinel emojis 8-)

We’re working on a mixer update with some interactive changes too.

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Pedz » Tue May 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah, I was taking part in the interactive stuff. It's cool that you have a defence and attack team.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Thu May 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Now that the game is out, here’s a nice little read on some of the design thinking we went through when making the game:

http://huey.games/2018/05/31/neo-retro-a-design-philosophy-for-hyper-sentinel/

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by OrangeRKN » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:40 am

That was a super interesting read, love seeing development insight like that

User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Over the moon to find out we’ve been nominated for 2 industry awards for our Mixer implementation in Hyper Sentinel !!

https://ukgamesfund.com/ukgfnews/ukgfa/

In other news my new game, REVAROUND, is going to be shown at the MGU event in Manchester next week. The multiplayer mode will be playable for people to battle it out against one another ... time to find out what works well and what doesn’t!!!

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by jawafour » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:08 pm

Starquake wrote:Over the moon to find out we’ve been nominated for 2 industry awards for our Mixer implementation in Hyper Sentinel !!...

Nice going, 'Quake - "Smart Studio of the Year" :toot: .

Starquake wrote:...In other news my new game, REVAROUND, is going to be shown at the MGU event in Manchester next week...

... :o ...the name sounds cool, dude! Is it a racing type of game? Is there anything else you can share on it at this stage?

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Pedz » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:34 am

Revaround a car doing a reach around?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by OrangeRKN » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

"I'm excited :toot:"

User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:27 pm

jawafour wrote:
Starquake wrote:Over the moon to find out we’ve been nominated for 2 industry awards for our Mixer implementation in Hyper Sentinel !!...

Nice going, 'Quake - "Smart Studio of the Year" :toot: .

Starquake wrote:...In other news my new game, REVAROUND, is going to be shown at the MGU event in Manchester next week...

... :o ...the name sounds cool, dude! Is it a racing type of game? Is there anything else you can share on it at this stage?


Yes, cars.
Not racing, more battling.

For multiplayer, think of a cross between Speedball, Rocket league and Arkanoid.

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by jawafour » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Starquake wrote:Yes, cars.
Not racing, more battling.

For multiplayer, think of a cross between Speedball, Rocket league and Arkanoid.

... :o ...I'm thinking... and "I'm excited!".

Are you able to say what formats the game will be on, dude?

User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by Starquake » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 pm

jawafour wrote:
Starquake wrote:Yes, cars.
Not racing, more battling.

For multiplayer, think of a cross between Speedball, Rocket league and Arkanoid.

... :o ...I'm thinking... and "I'm excited!".

Are you able to say what formats the game will be on, dude?


There’s a long way to go yet, but hopefully all consoles and PC would be the aim.

Maker of Hyper Sentinel published by Huey Games
http://www.hypersentinel.com

@four5sixpixel
@hewsonjoystick
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Hyper Sentinel (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC, Mac, Mobile) Coming May 11th
by OrangeRKN » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Glad to hear official 100% confirmation that there will be a Vita release :toot:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Akai XIII, Brerlappin, chanticleer, Frank, Gemini73, Google [Bot], Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, Poser, Quantum Name, RichardUK, Robbo-92, Rubix, Tafdolphin, The Doom Spoon and 39 guests