Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by FatDaz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:30 pm

[iup=3621474]gamerforever[/iup] wrote:
The last of us remastered - Wow! about 5 hours in an am loving every moment. I do hope this game carrys on for at least 12 hours as it really is one of the best single player adventures I have ever played. Almost like a third person Half Life game at times, in more ways than one!


If I recall the game was about 20+ hours for me! that was relaxed pace but not hunting every collectible. The game is quartered nicely with seasons. Summer, autumn, winter and then spring.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by gamerforever » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

[iup=3621757]FatDaz[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3621474]gamerforever[/iup] wrote:
The last of us remastered - Wow! about 5 hours in an am loving every moment. I do hope this game carrys on for at least 12 hours as it really is one of the best single player adventures I have ever played. Almost like a third person Half Life game at times, in more ways than one!


If I recall the game was about 20+ hours for me! that was relaxed pace but not hunting every collectible. The game is quartered nicely with seasons. Summer, autumn, winter and then spring.


Trying to search every nook and cranny to upgrade - thanks for the seasons spoiler matey! :fp:
User avatar
OLIN
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by OLIN » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 pm

[iup=3621468]Lotus[/iup] wrote:GTA: San Andreas

Mission checkpoint system is still useless.


I'm in complete agreement there. The mission where you have to take out all the machines in the plastic factory was a total bitch. Having to drive all that way then it tells you to sneak in. So even when you sneak in you get spotted once you're in there anyway and every bugger in there is shooting you, then more of the bastards turn up once you've twatted all the machines - I eventually used a car instead of shooting the things - then you get killed and have to do the whole lot again including the long drive to the bloody factory. it took me at least five attempts to do that mission, I was up 'til 3.00 playing it and I had to be in work at 8.00 this morning.

The last quarry mission was also a pain, a few times I completed all the gooseberry fool in good time, only to have the bike or body fall out of the back of the dumper truck, even on the occasion when I backed the thing up a slope to stop them falling out!
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Hime » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Went back to Tomb Raider over the weekend. What a game. Enjoying it so much more than Uncharted.
Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Lotus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:49 am

[iup=3621773]OLIN[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3621468]Lotus[/iup] wrote:GTA: San Andreas

Mission checkpoint system is still useless.


I'm in complete agreement there. The mission where you have to take out all the machines in the plastic factory was a total bitch. Having to drive all that way then it tells you to sneak in. So even when you sneak in you get spotted once you're in there anyway and every bugger in there is shooting you, then more of the bastards turn up once you've twatted all the machines - I eventually used a car instead of shooting the things - then you get killed and have to do the whole lot again including the long drive to the bloody factory. it took me at least five attempts to do that mission, I was up 'til 3.00 playing it and I had to be in work at 8.00 this morning.

The last quarry mission was also a pain, a few times I completed all the gooseberry fool in good time, only to have the bike or body fall out of the back of the dumper truck, even on the occasion when I backed the thing up a slope to stop them falling out!

Absolutely. The only missions where the checkpoint system actually does its job, are the ones where it least needs it. :x
It's all the tedious driving to and from points in the missions that grates, yet the ones with barely any travelling, you start right where you need to be if/when you die. :fp:
Image Image
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Skippy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:07 am

Been playing as much as I can as quickly as I can recently to be able to write up halfway decent Game of the Year articles next month, only for my PS4 to start packing up. Timed sending it back for this week as I'm away for the weekend and Smash Bros is out, hopefully the turn around isn't too long.

Had been playing a ton of Far Cry 4 before that happened, and was loving it. A better, more refined Far Cry 3. Story this time is just a bit rubbish rather than offensively bad, which is an improvement. Only big fault I'd have is that the wildlife is far too aggressive.

The world desperately needs a dinosaur game exactly like this.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by FatDaz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:47 am

[iup=3622264]Skippy[/iup] wrote:Been playing as much as I can as quickly as I can recently to be able to write up halfway decent Game of the Year articles next month, only for my PS4 to start packing up. Timed sending it back for this week as I'm away for the weekend and Smash Bros is out, hopefully the turn around isn't too long.

Had been playing a ton of Far Cry 4 before that happened, and was loving it. A better, more refined Far Cry 3. Story this time is just a bit rubbish rather than offensively bad, which is an improvement. Only big fault I'd have is that the wildlife is far too aggressive.

The world desperately needs a dinosaur game exactly like this.


Looks like they are doing Yeti DLC so if wouldn't be too hard to imagine a dinosaur expansion. They could use a cave as a gateway to new map lost world style.

I agree far cry 4 is just a refined version of 3 but they have the open world FPS formula nailed. Loads to do, intersting map, fast travel system, emergent gameplay, solid stealth mechanic, multiple routes to improve skills and weapons, good variety of enemies and wildlife. Ok missions are all a bit samey but never dull.

Despite what people say I think story is weaker here. Pagan Min had a great introduction and could have been the new Vaas, interesting and menacing. Trouble is after first 5 minutes he disappears and hasn't featured in 15 hours aside from a few radio conversations. Seems wasted potential to me.
User avatar
CitizenErased
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by CitizenErased » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:07 am

As this thread will be locked soon, all further 'Currently Playing' discussion can be continued over here: http://grcade.co.uk/t:new-currently-playing-in-2014?f=2

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests