Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4, XBO, PC) - CD Projekt Red | Character creation, fluid classes, go anywhere, first person RPG

Anything to do with games at all.
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Gemini73 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Green Gecko wrote:The overpopulation part of cyberpunk is true but so is the parallel of wasteland because the idea is population massively expands in urban centres to the point that life outside of the nexus is no longer viable. You also have the wartorn cities and failed projects. Appleseed is a good example of that and some of the wider landscapes of suburbia and facilities in Ghost in the Shell SAC that are really quite ordinary and barren.


Judge Dredd is also a fine example of this. Sprawling Mega Cities separated by miles upon miles of the Cursed Earth.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by NickSCFC » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:17 pm

True, but I'd still like to be contrained to a claustrophobic, densley packed city.

I basically just want Blade Runner the game (without the Director's Cut shitty ending).

Image Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Gemini73 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 pm

I'd actually like to see a decent Judge Dredd game...

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by NickSCFC » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Gemini73 wrote:I'd actually like to see a decent Judge Dredd game...



Image Image
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Gemini73 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:20 pm

...more up to date.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Green Gecko » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:49 am

I read that got mixed reviews in retrospect :lol:. I like how timesplitters 2 flirted with cyberpunk in the Neo Tokyo level. I don't think deus ex revolution really gets it, why is everything piss yellow? More obscure games like Fear Effect capture the aesthetic but the gameplay in those ps1 era games suck. Binary Domain barely touched on it for one setting.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRakoon
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by OrangeRakoon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:46 am

Goddamn Neo Tokyo on hard will one day be the death of me. I can still hear the voice saying "CROSS NOW"

I think the yellow filter in HR was entirely there to make the one room at the end that isn't yellow stand out more. I mean it works.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by NickSCFC » Wed May 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Rumour: Cyberpunk 2077 Will Get an Hour-Long Presentation at E3 2018

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/05/ ... at_e3_2018

So, it's starting to sound like Cyberpunk 2077 will be at E3 2018 in a big way. At this point the game is all but confirmed to be there, and the general assumption is that it'll appear at one of the big press conferences. It's very likely that the title's re-reveal will end up being our first proper look at CD Projekt Red's highly anticipated role-playing release.

But there may be more to it than that -- a lot more. Back in January, a rumour surfaced stating that Cyberpunk 2077 would be getting a live demo behind closed doors at this year's E3, and now new evidence seems to be solidifying this claim.

According to Everyeye.it editor Francesco Fossetti, he'll be attending an hour-long presentation hosted by CD Project Red at E3 2018. This suggests that the developer has a lot to show off-stage, away from the eyes of the public. What's more, this is similar to how the studio steadily unveiled The Witcher 3 leading up to its release in 2015.

Image Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Preezy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Just freeze me until it releases, dammit :x

Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Hour long presentation at E3
by Floex » Wed May 09, 2018 1:52 pm

An hour long presentation?

*faints*

*picks self back up again*

*faints some more*

THIS IS MY E3.

Edit: oh it’s probably behind closed doors :(

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Hour long presentation at E3
by Jenuall » Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am

just_hook_it_to_my_veins.gif

ImageImage
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Hour long presentation at E3
by Meep » Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm

I am really hoping to see something that confirms they have a handle on this. I mean, they haven't done anything else other than the Witcher franchise so there is a lot of stuff in this game they will be doing for the first time. It's kind of like jumping in at the deep end. However, Witcher 3 was the first open world game they did and they nailed it so if anyone can make a huge success of this it's CDP.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt)
by Saint of Killers » Thu May 17, 2018 7:38 pm

NickSCFC wrote:Rumour: Cyberpunk 2077 Will Get an Hour-Long Presentation at E3 2018

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/05/ ... at_e3_2018

So, it's starting to sound like Cyberpunk 2077 will be at E3 2018 in a big way. At this point the game is all but confirmed to be there, and the general assumption is that it'll appear at one of the big press conferences. It's very likely that the title's re-reveal will end up being our first proper look at CD Projekt Red's highly anticipated role-playing release.

But there may be more to it than that -- a lot more. Back in January, a rumour surfaced stating that Cyberpunk 2077 would be getting a live demo behind closed doors at this year's E3, and now new evidence seems to be solidifying this claim.

According to Everyeye.it editor Francesco Fossetti, he'll be attending an hour-long presentation hosted by CD Project Red at E3 2018. This suggests that the developer has a lot to show off-stage, away from the eyes of the public. What's more, this is similar to how the studio steadily unveiled The Witcher 3 leading up to its release in 2015.


Floex wrote:An hour long presentation?

*faints*

*picks self back up again*

*faints some more*

THIS IS MY E3.

Edit: oh it’s probably behind closed doors :(


Thread title edit suggestion: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Closed doors presentation at E3

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Hour long presentation at E3
by NickSCFC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 am


Image Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - Rumor: Hour long presentation at E3
by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:41 pm

CD Project Red just hacked the Microsoft conference :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - CD Project Red just hacked the Microsoft conference
by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:52 pm


Image Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - CD Project Red just hacked the Microsoft conference
by Mafro » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Only criticism I have really is the main character sounding like every other generic Nolan North/Troy Baker dickhead in every game ever.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - CD Project Red just hacked the Microsoft conference
by zXe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Mafro wrote:Only criticism I have really is the main character sounding like every other generic Nolan North/Troy Baker dickhead in every game ever.

My exact feelings!

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (CD Projekt) - CD Projekt just hacked the Microsoft conference | "Game engine" footage p7
by Meep » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 pm

The sources before now suggested the main character is customisable so maybe that is just what they went with for the trailer?

User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4, XBO, PC) - CD Projekt just hacked the Microsoft conference | "Game engine" footage p7
by Jazzem » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Holy gooseberry fool the OP's from 2012 :shock:


Return to “Games”