The Danganronpa Thread | Danganronpa V3 demo out now! (PS4+PSV)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Another Episode out NOW. Danganronpa 3 announced! VR remaster too?
by Jazzem » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:43 pm

So happy that more people will be able to experience this amazing game :toot: For those who haven't played it yet, as long as you're not repulsed by visual novels I can't recommend it enough.

Rather funny that there's been a minor backlash from some Vita fanatics over this, I love the system but more people experiencing this gem is only a good thing. Plus it continues the trend of continued Japanese support on PC which is delightful to see.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Another Episode out NOW. Danganronpa 3 announced! VR remaster too?
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:01 pm

Compared to Steins Gate this is a very gamey VN. Please don't let its genre put you off! It's a really enjoyable game.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Another Episode out NOW. Danganronpa 3 announced! VR remaster too?
by jiggles » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:Image

The first game is coming to Steam next month. You can't pre-order it at the moment but early purchases will get the OST.


Oh, strawberry float YES.

Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Another Episode out NOW. Danganronpa 3 announced! VR remaster too?
by Tragic Magic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Deffo gonna double dip and get the Steam version.

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Another Episode out NOW. Danganronpa 3 announced! VR remaster too?
by Frank » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote: early purchases will get the OST.


Genuinely tempted to get the steam version just for that :slol:

Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by NBK » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Started playing the first one again after stopping it a year ago. Yes, I don't know why either.

The death in Chapter 5 hasn't long happened and there's been...a revelation! Or has there?!

Going to try and stick with it now, do I have much further to go?

Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by NBK » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:46 am

NBK wrote:Started playing the first one again after stopping it a year ago. Yes, I don't know why either.

The death in Chapter 5 hasn't long happened and there's been...a revelation! Or has there?!

Going to try and stick with it now, do I have much further to go?


The answer was 'not really'. Finished it last night :toot:

Two thumbs up from me, I can't see me playing through it again though, just going by the fact that it took me over a year to finish it the first time. How many times would you have to complete it to get all the report card trophies?!

Is the extra bonus mode thing you unlock worth playing?

I wish I'd picked the second one up in the recent PSN sale though so I can find out what the hang happens next.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:50 pm

No spoilers.

Danganronpa 2 first death:

Of the first two people I get chummy with, one dies and the other is probably responsible for the killing. strawberry float THIS GAME. :lol: :wub:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 am

First trial spoiler:

Holy strawberry float one of these guys is like Monokuma made flesh :slol: :dread:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:13 am

If anyone here liked Trigger Happy Havoc but have yet to play Danganronpa 2... holy gooseberry fool! Get it on it right away! Right from the off (well, toward the business end of first trial) you help reveal a proper head strawberry float of a character. :lol: Don't deny yourself this experience!

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Proper hooked on this now :nod: :mrgreen: Next lot of cases are gonna have to go some to live up to case number 2.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:14 pm

NBK wrote:
NBK wrote:Started playing the first one again after stopping it a year ago. Yes, I don't know why either.

The death in Chapter 5 hasn't long happened and there's been...a revelation! Or has there?!

Going to try and stick with it now, do I have much further to go?


The answer was 'not really'. Finished it last night :toot:

Two thumbs up from me, I can't see me playing through it again though, just going by the fact that it took me over a year to finish it the first time. How many times would you have to complete it to get all the report card trophies?!

Is the extra bonus mode thing you unlock worth playing?

I wish I'd picked the second one up in the recent PSN sale though so I can find out what the hang happens next.


No idea about your question as it was so long ago since I played first one. :lol: :oops:

Second one (and Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls) was on sale quite recently, did you buy it? I really recommend it! Despair Girls is meant to be a... fps, or some other kind of nonsense, though.

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Frank » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:20 pm

Yeah, Ultra Despairs Girls is dodgy. It's basically a third-person shooter/brawler thing. I still haven't finished it, because it's one of those genius handheld games that don't have subtitles in the cutscenes :fp:

Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by NBK » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:58 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
NBK wrote:
NBK wrote:Started playing the first one again after stopping it a year ago. Yes, I don't know why either.

The death in Chapter 5 hasn't long happened and there's been...a revelation! Or has there?!

Going to try and stick with it now, do I have much further to go?


The answer was 'not really'. Finished it last night :toot:

Two thumbs up from me, I can't see me playing through it again though, just going by the fact that it took me over a year to finish it the first time. How many times would you have to complete it to get all the report card trophies?!

Is the extra bonus mode thing you unlock worth playing?

I wish I'd picked the second one up in the recent PSN sale though so I can find out what the hang happens next.


No idea about your question as it was so long ago since I played first one. :lol: :oops:

Second one (and Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls) was on sale quite recently, did you buy it? I really recommend it! Despair Girls is meant to be a... fps, or some other kind of nonsense, though.


I missed it :fp:

Seen you post about it a few times so I'll keep an eye out for it being in the next one. It certainly sounds like it's keeping you on your toes!

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Rubix » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Just finished Chapter 2 of Danganranpa 2, im not a fan of the mini game changes, the hangman's gambit is awful



Just awful :fp:

PLAY | PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 | PSVR Tumbler | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | The Apprentice 2018, Suits S1, Daredevil S3
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:34 pm

Is that the one with the moving letters which can kerplode? If it is, then yeah, I totally agree.

I like the idea of the 1 vs 1 argument mini game, but the actual mechanics of it are pish.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Rubix » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:48 pm

Yep that rubbish! also the buttons you have to hit with the rhythm seems to be off

PLAY | PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2 | PSVR Tumbler | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Stardew Valley
WATCH | The Apprentice 2018, Suits S1, Daredevil S3
READ | Behind Closed Doors
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Danganronpa 2 spoiler+non-spoiler chatter.

I'm in the Fun House.

A body has been found. :cry:

OMFG!!!!!111 at what happens after investigation is complete. I was confused about just how I was where I was, because I'd switched the game off hours ago, I then turn it back on and I'm just thinking Uh, wuh? What's happening? I then looked to left most of screen and :o :shock: :o :shock: I need a strawberry floating shower. :x :slol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jazzem
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Jazzem » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:27 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Danganronpa 2 spoiler+non-spoiler chatter.

I'm in the Fun House.

A body has been found. :cry:

OMFG!!!!!111 at what happens after investigation is complete. I was confused about just how I was where I was, because I'd switched the game off hours ago, I then turn it back on and I'm just thinking Uh, wuh? What's happening? I then looked to left most of screen and :o :shock: :o :shock: I need a strawberry floating shower. :x :slol:


Bahaha, I love how disoreintating these games are in their oddball-ness at times like that.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Danganronpa Thread | Coming to Steam next month!
by Saint of Killers » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:50 am

YES! YES! YES! Finally! At long last another death which I am more than happy to see! In fact, I was so happy at seeing it, that I instantly put my Vita in suspend last night so that I could carry on with the scene this morning. :slol: :nod:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Games”