Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - Cancelled (p11)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by DarkRula » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 pm

The first to go to the toilet, cook a meal, and get a job wins. Completely mental.

Image
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by rinks » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Just watching the episode with Nish Kumar, and supposed gaming guru Gibson keeps referring to "upwards arcade shooters". Anyone ever heard that term before?

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by Tragic Magic » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 pm

You mean shmups? :S

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 pm

For a series about playing games competitively, not a strawberry floating one of them can play a game with any degree of competency. I haven't bothered following this series, but the Nish Kumar one was unbearable to watch.

Also, why are they so insistent on shoehorning arbitrary competitive rules into single player games? Just play multiplayer games, there are strawberry floating tons of them.

Image
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by Tragic Magic » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Residential Evil 3 was the absolute worst for that. "Let's see who can navigate a corridor and a menu screen quickest"

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:05 pm

And Alien Isolation? Let's see who can avoid conflict the fastest?

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns tonight on Dave but out early on Sky on-demand
by Monkey Man » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Monkey Man wrote:Returns tonight on Dave, another video game show announced by ch4 -

British broadcaster Channel 4 has ordered a time-travelling video game format hosted by comedian Rob Beckett. The network has commissioned Playing For Time, from Greenbird-backed production company Rumpus Media, a four-part series that will see Beckett and celebrity guests including Josh Widdicombe, Rachel Riley, Asim Chaudhry and Scarlett Moffat play a number of video games across the years. The show, which will air this spring, was commissioned by Jonny Rothery, Commissioning Editor for Formats at Channel 4 and will be exec produced by Emily Hudd and Iain Wimbush. It will air in partnership with video game retailer GAME. “Gaming is obviously a hugely popular part of our culture and this series takes a unique and engaging look at how gaming has evolved over the last four decades. We are looking forward to teaming up with Game and a time travelling Rob to make Playing for Time a reality,” said Rothery.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/clarkson-on ... 202286323/


This starts tonight on Ch4, 1st guest is Scarlett Moffat :dread:

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by Gemini73 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:00 pm

rinks wrote:Just watching the episode with Nish Kumar, and supposed gaming guru Gibson keeps referring to "upwards arcade shooters". Anyone ever heard that term before?



"upwards arcade shooters"

Jesus H Christ :fp: :lol:

What does she call the likes of Street Fighter and Co, "punching & kicking games"?

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns tonight on Dave but out early on Sky on-demand
by Gemini73 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Returns tonight on Dave, another video game show announced by ch4 -

British broadcaster Channel 4 has ordered a time-travelling video game format hosted by comedian Rob Beckett. The network has commissioned Playing For Time, from Greenbird-backed production company Rumpus Media, a four-part series that will see Beckett and celebrity guests including Josh Widdicombe, Rachel Riley, Asim Chaudhry and Scarlett Moffat play a number of video games across the years. The show, which will air this spring, was commissioned by Jonny Rothery, Commissioning Editor for Formats at Channel 4 and will be exec produced by Emily Hudd and Iain Wimbush. It will air in partnership with video game retailer GAME. “Gaming is obviously a hugely popular part of our culture and this series takes a unique and engaging look at how gaming has evolved over the last four decades. We are looking forward to teaming up with Game and a time travelling Rob to make Playing for Time a reality,” said Rothery.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/clarkson-on ... 202286323/


This starts tonight on Ch4, 1st guest is Scarlett Moffat :dread:


I can see why they've invited Scarlett. She's currently flavour of the month with the public, a bit bonkers and generally seems quite pleasant. Doubt she's much of a gamer though, and much like the majority of guests she very likely doesn't game much outside of throwaway apps on her phone and that one time she tried Tomb Raider on a friend's Playstation.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by Tragic Magic » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:45 pm

Won't this show just strawberry floating die already?

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns tonight on Dave but out early on Sky on-demand
by Samuel_1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Monkey Man wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:Returns tonight on Dave, another video game show announced by ch4 -

British broadcaster Channel 4 has ordered a time-travelling video game format hosted by comedian Rob Beckett. The network has commissioned Playing For Time, from Greenbird-backed production company Rumpus Media, a four-part series that will see Beckett and celebrity guests including Josh Widdicombe, Rachel Riley, Asim Chaudhry and Scarlett Moffat play a number of video games across the years. The show, which will air this spring, was commissioned by Jonny Rothery, Commissioning Editor for Formats at Channel 4 and will be exec produced by Emily Hudd and Iain Wimbush. It will air in partnership with video game retailer GAME. “Gaming is obviously a hugely popular part of our culture and this series takes a unique and engaging look at how gaming has evolved over the last four decades. We are looking forward to teaming up with Game and a time travelling Rob to make Playing for Time a reality,” said Rothery.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/clarkson-on ... 202286323/


This starts tonight on Ch4, 1st guest is Scarlett Moffat :dread:

Haven't you seen her Bloodborne speed run? She nailed that.......

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by Preezy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Having “flavour of the month” celebs like that talentless z-lister Moffat actively discourages me from watching the show. It’s not a show for gamers at all.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by Gemini73 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Preezy wrote:Having “flavour of the month” celebs like that talentless z-lister Moffat actively discourages me from watching the show. It’s not a show for gamers at all.


Im not entirely sure it was ever aimed at "gamers" . More the Lip Sync battle crowd who know a bit about video games, but regard them not much more than a childish past time to be scoffed at.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by lex-man » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:42 pm

I'm watching the my first episode ever. Only a couple of minutes in but I don't find Dara O'Brain that funny so far.

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Honestly this show is probably the least funny he's ever been. He has absolutely no material to work with.

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts tonight on Ch4 (p10)
by lex-man » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:20 pm

I think they could have redone the format as well. When they play games that aren't multi player they should have played one at a time. It was hard to tell who was doing what. Also they probably should have dubbed commentary on after in post. Although I guessing that would have cost more and it would have lost something.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts on Ch4 (p10)
by NickSCFC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:19 am

Jesus Christ that thing on C4 last night was dire, how is Scarlett Moffatt a thing?

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts on Ch4 (p10)
by Errkal » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 am

NickSCFC wrote:Jesus Christ that thing on C4 last night was dire, how is Scarlett Moffatt a thing?


Honestly no idea she is strawberry floating everywhere, either she is very very cheap to hire, idiots love her or she noshes a mean executive cock.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns & Playing For Time starts on Ch4 (p10)
by Mafro » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 am

NickSCFC wrote:Jesus Christ that thing on C4 last night was dire, how is Scarlett Moffatt a thing?

The Gogglebox/X-Factor/Britain’s Got Talent crowd lap people like her up.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit - 3rd series returns on Dave
by rinks » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 pm

Gemini73 wrote:
rinks wrote:Just watching the episode with Nish Kumar, and supposed gaming guru Gibson keeps referring to "upwards arcade shooters". Anyone ever heard that term before?



"upwards arcade shooters"

Jesus H Christ :fp: :lol:

What does she call the likes of Street Fighter and Co, "punching & kicking games"?


And to make matters worse, two of the examples given were side-scrollers - Defender and Resogun.

Loves us all since 2008

Return to “Games”