Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Saint of Killers » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:58 pm

I wonder if this being delayed will mean a rejigging of games which have a set date...

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Buffalo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:58 pm

It might mean a more...strategic release date given to TLoU 2 maybe.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Samuel_1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Everyone running scared of Red Dead maybe.....?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by NickSCFC » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 am

New details from this month's GameInformer

-Been in development for five years
-First idea after making Uncharted Golden Abyss
-More than 100 developers, team size has doubled since 2016
-Picks up several years after a pandemic has ravaged the US.
-People infected by virus are simply called "infected" by NERO(National Emergency Response Organization)
-NERO operated 12 checkpoints for quarantining and processing people, but now abandoned
-Deacon has a mercenary friend named Boozer
-Plot is about surviving, not finding a cure
-Stealing Boozer's stuff will make him upset, which will effect your relationship
-Five encampments in the world which Deacon goes between, has to forge relationships
-Have to clear out locations to unlock fast travel
-Weapons look worn down because of the rain
-Larger towns to explore
-Weapons lockers and safehouses which refill ammo
-Deacon can scout camps with binoculars
-Deacon is the enforcer of a biker club called the Mongrels
-Bike is completely upgradeable with cosmetic upgrades such as paint jobs. Can increase fuel efficiency and durability, swap out tires based on weather
-Can ambush camps
-Shotguns, sniper rifles, molotov cocktails, pistols, LMGs, grenades, napalm
-Freaker-ear bounties, hunting animals, camps to clear
-Flashback missions where you learn about Deacon's past with Sarah
-Ambush camps are bad, encampments are good
-Ambush camps will attack you roadside(marauders)
-Freakers are drawn to dark places such as tunnels and will make nests
-Only way to clear freaker nests is via molotovs, gas cans, oil drums
-Deacon has "survival vision" which highlights items of interest, can be upgraded to highlight enemies
-Deacons stamina, health, time slowdown are upgradable
-Radio towers that you can climb
-No fetch quests or time trials, everything has context
-Hordes are scattered throughout the world.
-300 zombie hoard is a "baby hoard" , E3 2016 demo had 500
-Hordes need to eat, sleep, and drink. Travel in groups. NERO mass grave was where they were in demo

Image

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by OrangeRKN » Wed May 09, 2018 11:51 am

NickSCFC wrote:-Deacon can scout camps with binoculars
-Radio towers that you can climb


woah

(but actually I am excited for this game)

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Preezy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:07 pm

NickSCFC wrote:New details from this month's GameInformer
-Deacon has "survival vision" which highlights items of interest, can be upgraded to highlight enemies

So lame, I hate this feature that seems to be in everything since Arkham Asylum. It was fine for Batman, but it makes zero sense in most other games, including this one.

Looks alright though, but it'll probably be average on arrival.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Gemini73 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Not fussed if Days Gone users familiar gaming tropes, as long as it's entertaining. Quite looking forward to it.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Buffalo » Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm

All sounds very promising. Sony exclusives so far this generation have been - by and large - top drawer, I expect good things.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Saint of Killers » Wed May 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Still not feeling all that into this. Watched the dev interview on GI's site yesterday and nothing he said got me interested. If anything it had the opposite effect.

Interview here: How Days Gone hopes to win over the sceptics

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Gemini73 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Buffalo wrote:All sounds very promising. Sony exclusives so far this generation have been - by and large - top drawer, I expect good things.


Sony's exclusive output certainly inspires confidence in any new releases they have on the horizon for PS4. They've smashed it out of the park this generation no question

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Rapidly-Greying
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Rapidly-Greying » Wed May 09, 2018 5:00 pm

I can't wait for this,walking dead tank zombie vs hoards of infected. I can't wait. It looks awesome.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Venom » Wed May 09, 2018 5:46 pm

I was super impressed by the reveal demo and all the enemies. Yes this game treads familiar ground with the whole Walking Dead/ Last of Us zombified America theme. But if it delivers in the gameplay then that's what matters. This info blast to Game Informer surely can't be for a game that's at least a year away? Maybe Sony will reveal it to be a July/August 2018 release.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Buffalo » Wed May 09, 2018 9:31 pm

I don’t think they’d release it so close to Spider-Man, but late November, into December? Maybe, maybe.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Venom wrote:I was super impressed by the reveal demo and all the enemies. Yes this game treads familiar ground with the whole Walking Dead/ Last of Us zombified America theme. But if it delivers in the gameplay then that's what matters. This info blast to Game Informer surely can't be for a game that's at least a year away? Maybe Sony will reveal it to be a July/August 2018 release.

The delay to 2019 is confirmed though, right? I expect a Jan - March release window.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Venom » Thu May 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Venom wrote:I was super impressed by the reveal demo and all the enemies. Yes this game treads familiar ground with the whole Walking Dead/ Last of Us zombified America theme. But if it delivers in the gameplay then that's what matters. This info blast to Game Informer surely can't be for a game that's at least a year away? Maybe Sony will reveal it to be a July/August 2018 release.


The delay to 2019 is confirmed though, right? I expect a Jan - March release window.


I forgot about that!

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Samuel_1 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Venom wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Venom wrote:I was super impressed by the reveal demo and all the enemies. Yes this game treads familiar ground with the whole Walking Dead/ Last of Us zombified America theme. But if it delivers in the gameplay then that's what matters. This info blast to Game Informer surely can't be for a game that's at least a year away? Maybe Sony will reveal it to be a July/August 2018 release.


The delay to 2019 is confirmed though, right? I expect a Jan - March release window.


I forgot about that!

Haha, fair enough. I'm really looking forward to this, it looks excellent.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by NickSCFC » Sat May 12, 2018 9:18 am


Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by jawafour » Sat May 12, 2018 10:28 am

NickSCFC wrote:(First hour of gameplay)

Blimey, an hour seems rather a lot... and you can even watch the next forty minutes if so inclined.

I'm interested in the game but, for me personally, watching nearly two hours of the opening would take away a little of the excitement.

Will have a little peek, though :shifty: .

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Samuel_1 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:37 am

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
jawafour wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:(First hour of gameplay)

Blimey, an hour seems rather a lot... and you can even watch the next forty minutes if so inclined.

I'm interested in the game but, for me personally, watching nearly two hours of the opening would take away a little of the excitement.

Will have a little peek, though :shifty: .

Depending on reviews I'm probably going to get this, so I'm steering well clear of such content.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by BOR » Sat May 12, 2018 11:35 am

NickSCFC wrote:

I watched the first fifteen minutes and I then stopped cos I think it looks great.

Of course, it's still a long way to go until the final product, but I like what I've seen so far.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chocolate-Milk, Gemini73, Johnny Jalfrezi, Lagamorph, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Parksey, PuppetBoy, That's not a growth, Yoshimi and 61 guests