Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by NickSCFC » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Coming Feb 22nd


Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by Samuel_1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Hope that's enough time to sort out the frame rate.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by gamerforever » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

The ps4 exclusives keep on rolling! I think this will be amazing on the ps4 pro.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend
by NickSCFC » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:37 pm

gamerforever wrote:The ps4 exclusives keep on rolling! I think this will be amazing on the ps4 pro.


Wasn't too keen when it was first announced, but the emphasis on open world, motorbikes and emergent gameplay has put this on my wanted list.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Tafdolphin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:23 am

Waypoint talked about this on their most recent podcast:

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article ... -days-gone

(Discussion starts at 20 minutes in)

They hated the few hours playtime they had with it. Like, straight up hated it, stating that not a single aspect worked as it should, narratively or mechanically. "It feels like a C-tier game".

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Samuel_1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 am

Thankfully there are some far more positive previews out there, so I still have some hope. I've always liked the look of it but I think it's destined to be a divisive game.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Monkey Man » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am


Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Saint of Killers » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:27 am

More like D(el)ays (Not) Gone.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:51 pm

I think it's always looked a bit generic and dull to be honest. The number of zombies in the hordes is cool, but comparing it to Horizon, GOW, Spider-Man, TLOU2 and Ghost of Sushima (Sp?) it just doesn't look to have the level of polish or quality those games exude.

It seems quite by the numbers.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by jawafour » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:55 pm

I suspect they're trying to avoid competition with the ridiculous number of "big" games scheduled to launch in February. The "let's all launch at the same time" approach always results in some casualties.

User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Cal » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:10 pm

It's always looked impressive and I admire the ambition. I hope they pull it off; I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. I'm still drawn towards the zombie apocalypse, despite a certain 'zombie fatigue'. Then again, there's that new Dying Light game somewhere on the horizon, and I was a big fan of the original game. The new one looks good, too. Hmmm.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by KjGarly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:More like D(el)ays (Not) Gone.


You forgot the "amirite" bit Ad....Oh.

Image Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:I think it's always looked a bit generic and dull to be honest. The number of zombies in the hordes is cool, but comparing it to Horizon, GOW, Spider-Man, TLOU2 and Ghost of Sushima (Sp?) it just doesn't look to have the level of polish or quality those games exude.

It seems quite by the numbers.


The previews a while back were amongst some of the most negative I'd seen for a big budget title. Usually those sort of reports are neutral verging on forgiving given that most are impressions taken from in-progress titles, but the Days Gone round of reports were pretty, pretty bad. Crippling performance issues, generic design in combat and missions, rote open-world gameplay...

It certainly looks like it's in trouble.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:I think it's always looked a bit generic and dull to be honest. The number of zombies in the hordes is cool, but comparing it to Horizon, GOW, Spider-Man, TLOU2 and Ghost of Sushima (Sp?) it just doesn't look to have the level of polish or quality those games exude.

It seems quite by the numbers.


The previews a while back were amongst some of the most negative I'd seen for a big budget title. Usually those sort of reports are neutral verging on forgiving given that most are impressions taken from in-progress titles, but the Days Gone round of reports were pretty, pretty bad. Crippling performance issues, generic design in combat and missions, rote open-world gameplay...

It certainly looks like it's in trouble.

Yeah I'm expecting it to the game to break Sony's streak of top-tier AAA Singleplayer titles.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by NickSCFC » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:53 pm

I really don't rate the Syphon Filter series or Golden Abyss, I hope Sony didn't give them a huge budget for this.

Also, this will be releasing way too close to Last of Us II.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by OrangeRKN » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 pm

NickSCFC wrote:I really don't rate the Syphon Filter series or Golden Abyss, I hope Sony didn't give them a huge budget for this.


On the contrary, I think the Syphon Filters on PSP are absolute classics and some of the best games on the console and GA is a very competent Uncharted game on a par with the first (it just doesn't hit ND heights). The Uncharted card game was also good fun from their recent games.

I want this to do well because I am quite a fan of Bend's previous output, but I am hesitant from the gameplay I've seen.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Days Gone (PS4) - Sony Bend | coming Feb 22nd
by Wedgie » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:08 pm

I loved Golden Abyss. It's still an Uncharted game.

And I'm still keen on this game. Im glad its delayed so I can focus on RE2.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gemini73, IAmTheSaladMan, KjGarly, Lagamorph, more heat than light, Nook29, OldSoulCyborg, Photek and 57 guests