DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Rudolphin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:23 pm

Hexx wrote:Holy crap. Watching clips from the DVD online.

e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NAWrKlsAU

It looks terrible. I knew we joked about the mustache, but the entire film just looks...rubbish


That's just embarrassing. There are youtube series, Video Game Highschool and the like, who use CGI less conspicuously that that.

I mean, jesus. The word amatuer is used a lot to describe bad films but that genuinely looks like it was made by someone who watched a bunch of "how to make a decent low budget movie" vids.

Last edited by Rudolphin on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Preezy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:25 pm

By all accounts the CGI on the reshoot parts is so ropey because the VFX guys just didn't have enough time to get things the way they wanted. Whedon came in very late, reshot lots of stuff and the release date didn't shift, which is idiotic. It's a shame because without all the distracting green screen, fake lips and colour grading there'd probably be a good looking movie here.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Rudolphin » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Preezy wrote:By all accounts the CGI on the reshoot parts is so ropey because the VFX guys just didn't have enough time to get things the way they wanted. Whedon came in very late, reshot lots of stuff and the release date didn't shift, which is idiotic. It's a shame because without all the distracting green screen, fake lips and colour grading there'd probably be a good looking movie here.



TBH, even if the CGI was seamless it's a terribly directed action sequence with no flow, no tension and abundant absurd manoeuvres (Superman zooming from back to foreground to confront WW, WW's odd lack of adherence to the basic rules of physics).

Imagine being an exec, having forked over £150 million and pinned a 5 year strategy on the success of the film and seeing that at a preview.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Mafro » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

I thought people were taking the piss with the Superman moustache stuff but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Ridiculous.

In that scene posted above, I'm sure I read that was originally at night (I think you can actually see this in some of the early trailers) but it was changed to daytime for the reshoots so the CGI really looks worse than it originally did.

All the Whedon reshoot stuff sticks out like a sore thumb compared to Snyder's bits.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Mafro » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Red Letter Media have done a commentary track for this. Should be a good one :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Godzilla » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:30 am



So sad to think of what could have been

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:25 am

Last week, Justice League quietly ended its domestic box office run with a total gross of a little over $229 million, making it the lowest-grossing film in the new DC Universe.

It’s a hugely surprising fact considering the Zack Snyder-directed film featuring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg was set up to be DC’s version of The Avengers—a film that blew away the others by bringing together all of its heroes. Plus, the release came mere months after the huge success of Wonder Woman. So most thought that goodwill would carry over. It did not.

The $229,024,295 gross puts Justice League over $60 million behind Man of Steel, which is in fourth place, almost $100 million behind Suicide Squad (third place), a little over $100 million behind Batman v Superman (second place), and about $183 million behind DC’s number one film, Wonder Woman.

Internationally, it’s more of the same. While the film is likely still playing a few places across the globe, its international total is currently at $657,924,295 which, again, puts it fifth out of the five DC movies with about $10 million between it and Man of Steel (so it may still top that). Batman v Superman is number one in this category, with $873 million over Wonder Woman’s $821 million.


https://io9.gizmodo.com/justice-league- ... 1823902130

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Saigon Slick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:28 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Preezy wrote:By all accounts the CGI on the reshoot parts is so ropey because the VFX guys just didn't have enough time to get things the way they wanted. Whedon came in very late, reshot lots of stuff and the release date didn't shift, which is idiotic. It's a shame because without all the distracting green screen, fake lips and colour grading there'd probably be a good looking movie here.



TBH, even if the CGI was seamless it's a terribly directed action sequence with no flow, no tension and abundant absurd manoeuvres (Superman zooming from back to foreground to confront WW, WW's odd lack of adherence to the basic rules of physics).

Imagine being an exec, having forked over £150 million and pinned a 5 year strategy on the success of the film and seeing that at a preview.


So, you liked the movie? :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Rax » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:33 pm

Can anyone explain why DC did it backwards? Made Justice League before introducing anyone to Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash?

The only reason anyone gave a gooseberry fool about the Avengers is because we had seen them all on the big screen already, not every character had their own movie but they had appeared enough in Ironman, Thor and Captain America that we wanted to see the big team up happen. One of the reasons I had no interest in Justice League is because I know nothing about Cyborg or Aquaman and all I know of Flash is from the 90s tv show, there was nothing drawing me in to see these characters together as I hadnt seen them apart.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hyperion » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Because they felt they needed to catch up with Marvel

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Garth of Christmas Future » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up

The DC cinematic universe appears to be losing its Man of Steel.

Henry Cavill, who has played Superman in three films, is parting ways with Warner Bros., sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Though neither side is confirming, the British actor, who first donned the blue suit for 2013's Man of Steel, and then starred in 2016's Batman v. Superman and last year's Justice League, is said to be hanging up the red cape.

"Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors," says a studio source. As such, Cavill will join Ben Affleck, who isn't expected to reprise his role for director Matt Reeves' forthcoming Batman stand-alone film, as a hero on the way out.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... m=referral

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Preezy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:16 pm

For all the gooseberry fool the films get, I actually really liked Cavill as Superman.

Finally time for Nicolas Cage to get his time in the sun :toot:

User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Eat it Harvey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Yeah I'm sad to see him go if that's true. He made a decent Superman and was let down by horrendous material.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Yeah I'm sad to see him go if that's true. He made a decent Superman and was let down by horrendous material.


Pretty much this
But I can't imagine Affleck or Cavil will be upset to no longer be associated with the Dumpster fire that is the DCEU.

Still Cavil at least can boast he was in the 'best' film in the franchise. Edit - Oh gooseberry fool I forgot Wonder Woman :lol: 2nd Best.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:45 pm



A black Superman would literally make gammon heads explode. :lol:

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Godzilla » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:11 pm

I love Henry Cavil as Superman. Sad he is gone but he has been too good for the DC EU for a long time. He was great in Mission Impossible Fallout and will be great in The Witcher too.

Can't imagine how bad the new joker and suicide squad films will be. Hopefully Shazam does well enough for Black Adam to get made.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Vermi-Claus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Preezy wrote:I actually really liked Cavill as Superman.


Same, i thought he was really good in the role, Man of Steel was a pretty decent film too.

He also sent me a signed photo a couple of years back, and even used superman stamps on the envelope.

Moggy wrote:A black Superman would literally make gammon heads explode. :lol:


It would be like casting a chinese guy as Muhammad Ali, t'is a silly idea that just wouldn't work.

Godzilla wrote:Can't imagine how bad the new joker and suicide squad films will be.


For the role of the joker, they should hire the guy who plays Jerome/Jeramiah in Gotham.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Vermilion wrote:It would be like casting a chinese guy as Muhammad Ali, t'is a silly idea that just wouldn't work.


You know Muhammad Ali was a real person and Superman is fictional....right?

User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Vermi-Claus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:It would be like casting a chinese guy as Muhammad Ali, t'is a silly idea that just wouldn't work.


You know Muhammad Ali was a real person and Superman is fictional....right?


Yeah, bad example, i'll rephrase that.

It would be like casting a chinese guy as Black Panther.

User avatar
The Cuttcracker Suite
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by The Cuttcracker Suite » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Superman's an alien though...


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 62 guests