DC Cinematic Universe Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by TigaSefi » Wed May 31, 2017 11:12 pm

On way to cinema to watch midnight showing

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Skippy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:05 pm


User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Godzilla » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:09 pm

Excellent review. It's a brilliant film and if Justice League is equal to it then we are in for a treat.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:17 pm

TigaSefi wrote:On way to cinema to watch midnight showing


I'm worried it might have killed Tiga :(

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by TigaSefi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Hexx wrote:
TigaSefi wrote:On way to cinema to watch midnight showing


I'm worried it might have killed Tiga :(


:lol:

So a tale of woe follows this plan. Got to Wimbledon in plenty of time to get Burger King Chicken Royale and also be offered flat prosecco from a woman off her head (no ta!) and then bought the tickets - no pre-booking the tickets cos you know , only 5 people turned up and 2 were deaf (me and one other!) for what I thought was a subtitled screening. It clearly said so on odeon’s website and on the booking screen in the foyer plus the dumb ass manager came in the screen to ensure we knew we were seeing a subtitled screening. After 45 mins of strawberry floatin’ shite adverts and whatsnot, the movie started.
Hang on……. I can hear a voice over….. .but no words printed on the screen… cue frantic running to the said manager who said “oopsie”. Apparently the listings were ALL wrong! She was wrong too! Got tickets to see the film again. Gave her our mobile number and a piece of our mind about the timing and the fact it is now 1am in the strawberry floatin’ morning. 2am. Got a text from the manager to say it been re-scheduled for tonight at 21.15 so there you go. Also I will be asking for free popcorn and coke! Not forkin’ out for that as well!

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Hexx » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:43 pm

TigaSefi wrote:
Hexx wrote:
TigaSefi wrote:On way to cinema to watch midnight showing


I'm worried it might have killed Tiga :(


:lol:

So a tale of woe follows this plan. Got to Wimbledon in plenty of time to get Burger King Chicken Royale and also be offered flat prosecco from a woman off her head (no ta!) and then bought the tickets - no pre-booking the tickets cos you know , only 5 people turned up and 2 were deaf (me and one other!) for what I thought was a subtitled screening. It clearly said so on odeon’s website and on the booking screen in the foyer plus the dumb ass manager came in the screen to ensure we knew we were seeing a subtitled screening. After 45 mins of strawberry floatin’ shite adverts and whatsnot, the movie started.
Hang on……. I can hear a voice over….. .but no words printed on the screen… cue frantic running to the said manager who said “oopsie”. Apparently the listings were ALL wrong! She was wrong too! Got tickets to see the film again. Gave her our mobile number and a piece of our mind about the timing and the fact it is now 1am in the strawberry floatin’ morning. 2am. Got a text from the manager to say it been re-scheduled for tonight at 21.15 so there you go. Also I will be asking for free popcorn and coke! Not forkin’ out for that as well!


Never before have I gone so quickly from being thankful someone's alive to wishing they'd stop rambling on

:wub:


They should give you freebies for sure for strawberry floating up - and at that time! Christ.

Also - turning down free Bubbly? :S

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by chalkitdown » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Just back from seeing it. It's a bloody great movie. :mrgreen: Gal Gadot is actually perfect for the role. The standout is probably Chris Pine though, he's terrific. It was a lot funnier than I thought it was gonna be. Audience at my screening were laughing out loud on multiple occasions. The movie was very reminiscent of Captain America The First Avenger, not least because of the World War backdrop.

Only downsides for me were the slightly lacking sidekick characters (Ewen Bremner's character had a set-up early on that seemed to go nowhere which was weird) and the slightly dodgy CGI stunt double in one action scene. Brought back memories of The Matrix Reloaded and Blade 2 in how unnatural it looked. You'll know the scene when you see it. No idea why they couldn't have used real actors there.

Overall though, loved it.

We stayed until the very end btw and can confirm there are no mid or post credit scenes. Don't waste your time waiting around.

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by TigaSefi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Brilliant movie!!

Huge spoiler

Diana's mum and aunt visibly aged on the Island and Diana hasn't aged from WWI to modern day? What gives?

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Memento Mori » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Loved Wonder Woman, had you told me weeks ago it would be my favourite superhero movie in ages I wouldn't have believed you. And Yeah Gadot and Pine were great.

TigaSefi wrote:Brilliant movie!!

Huge spoiler

Diana's mum and aunt visibly aged on the Island and Diana hasn't aged from WWI to modern day? What gives?

As the daughter of Zeus, Diana's a demigod.

User avatar
TigaSefi
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by TigaSefi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Loved Wonder Woman, had you told me weeks ago it would be my favourite superhero movie in ages I wouldn't have believed you. And Yeah Gadot and Pine were great.

TigaSefi wrote:Brilliant movie!!

Huge spoiler

Diana's mum and aunt visibly aged on the Island and Diana hasn't aged from WWI to modern day? What gives?

As the daughter of Zeus, Diana's a demigod.


Ah yes ok that makes sense! :)

Image

1 > 2 > 3 >>>>>>> 4 >>>>> 5
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Mafro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Take it I wasn't the only one that called David Thewlis as Ares almost immediately?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Memento Mori » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 pm

I'd heard he was playing Ares months ago so I was surprised it was kept back so late in the film. Maybe I read a leak somewhere.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Mafro » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:16 am

I was on a blackout after the first few trailers.

Really enjoyed the film, think I might actually like it more than Guardians 2 but I'm not sure. It was definitely better than every other DCU movie so far anyway. Thought Gal Gadot was excellent in the role. Wonder Woman is probably the only DC hero I really give a gooseberry fool about so I'm glad the film wasn't a dud like so many people were expecting.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Qikz » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Thought it was pretty good, but it suffers from everything I find DC to sufffer from where it takes everything far too seriously.

Outside of that though I thought it was great. I didn't like it as much as I liked Guardians 2, but it was most certainly the best DCU film so far.

I loved the setting and there's one scene they probably filmed about 100 times given the amount of angles they had of her going up the trench ladder. :shifty:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Wedgie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Unless the director is lesbian, I doubt it.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Qikz » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 am

Wedgie wrote:Unless the director is lesbian, I doubt it.


You don't need to be gay to appreciate someone of the same sex!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Denster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:52 am

As I said in the other thread. Loved the film but the ending grated a little bit.

Photek wrote:In Chicago just seen the results! :lol: :lol: :lol:


:nod:
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Wedgie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Also did anyone find the evil laugh between the German general and Dr Poison a bit cringeworthy?

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:12 pm

If you don't have an aversion to hard coded Korean subtitles there's a full HD copy of this out there that might appeal.....

Or so I'm told. :shifty: :shifty:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: DC Cinematic Universe Thread
by BID0 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Apparently they are rebooting Batman and Afflek is on the way out for a new person to take the mantal. Maybe that's what the extensive reshoots for Justice League are for?


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JediDragon05 and 39 guests