Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by LewisD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

Ok, past the intro section of the game I believe now.
I got to a farm, and played football with a novelty sized ball.

I must admit I felt quite lost during the intro. Probably due to my lack of D1 game time. Just running and gunning my way through it.

Kinda felt like this:

Image

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Hime » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Is the stuff in Iron Banner worth getting? I can't bring myself to spend anymore time with crucible than I have to.

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Hime wrote:Is the stuff in Iron Banner worth getting? I can't bring myself to spend anymore time with crucible than I have to.

If you don't enjoy something then maybe just don't do it?

I do find it strange how people will make themselves annoyed or angry just for a chance at a slightly different gun or piece of armour.

Image
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by mcjihge2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Sweet business dropped for me. Its OK, it rips through the ammo though and compared to other assault rifles its not accurate or powerful. I like the feature that you can get exotics back from the vault collection.

I might infuse it into origin story though (280 to 291). Good idea?

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:Sweet business dropped for me. Its OK, it rips through the ammo though and compared to other assault rifles its not accurate or powerful. I like the feature that you can get exotics back from the vault collection.

I might infuse it into origin story though (280 to 291). Good idea?

It's very accurate and powerful, it has some of the highest DPS in the game

You probably just need to get used to it

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Hime » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 am

Fade wrote:
Hime wrote:Is the stuff in Iron Banner worth getting? I can't bring myself to spend anymore time with crucible than I have to.

If you don't enjoy something then maybe just don't do it?

I do find it strange how people will make themselves annoyed or angry just for a chance at a slightly different gun or piece of armour.

I don't hate it, it's just a very average FPS multiplayer but that's not to say I don't enjoy it at times. As a big Halo fan I just can't believe this is by the same team.

My main issue is that it feels very inconsistent, I never seem to be able to get the sort of muscle memory I do with Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall, etc where I know that an enemy is going to go down. In this every kill seems to take a wildly different number of shots and the damage over range seems inconsistent. I've played enough FPS games to know that internet connection and time of day make a huge difference (if you're getting matched into games with Americans) but there are bound to be balancing issues when there are so many weapons available.

Image
User avatar
Pattybean
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: insert 10p to continue
Location: The Tower

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Pattybean » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Image
NEON MASTER RACE
pattybean - SW1164-1565-3232
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Peter Crisp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.


It certainly has lost a lot of replayability.
It's not terrible as a game with people on here but I have no real desire to play this solo.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by mcjihge2 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm

xur has got that lion grenade launcher. Is that the shitest exotic available?

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Mafro » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Worst weapon in the game.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 pm

I feel like Destiny 2 is the kind of game you play a few times a week rather than grind day in day out, and I'm fine with that.

I prefer it actually. During Destiny 1 I missed out on so many other games because it took up so much of my time. Destiny 2 respects your time a lot more.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Samuel_1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Absolutely, I actually think it's worse in many ways. Most notably the strikes and the crucible. Pretty gutted I went all in and pre-purchased the DLC, what a fool.......

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Skippy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:10 am

A little piece about Lord Shaxx being the greatest

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/why-destiny-2s ... er-1642959

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 am

Samuel_1 wrote:
Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Absolutely, I actually think it's worse in many ways. Most notably the strikes and the crucible. Pretty gutted I went all in and pre-purchased the DLC, what a fool.......

Clearly people don't remember how bare bones Destiny 1 was at launch because it was masked by all of the grinding.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Samuel_1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am

Fade wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Absolutely, I actually think it's worse in many ways. Most notably the strikes and the crucible. Pretty gutted I went all in and pre-purchased the DLC, what a fool.......

Clearly people don't remember how bare bones Destiny 1 was at launch because it was masked by all of the grinding.

You maybe right, but I certainly preferred the strikes from the first, I think the exotics were much more interesting too.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Absolutely, I actually think it's worse in many ways. Most notably the strikes and the crucible. Pretty gutted I went all in and pre-purchased the DLC, what a fool.......

Clearly people don't remember how bare bones Destiny 1 was at launch because it was masked by all of the grinding.

You maybe right, but I certainly preferred the strikes from the first, I think the exotics were much more interesting too.

I mean, the strikes at launch in the first game were literally just killing enemies. They had no real story or any interesting mechanics. So if you prefer that then that's fine I guess, but that's what public events are for I feel like. The DLC ones were much better though, Ala-kul is easily still my favourite strike :wub:

Which exotics did you mean out of interest? I feel like Risk Runner, Sweet Business, Coldheart and Wardcliff Coil for example all feel way more unique and exotic than the first game. They do cool and interesting things. Ghorn was just a super OP launcher, Ice Breaker just had recharging ammo. The only exotics I miss from the first game is sleeper simulant and the exotic swords because they all felt really unique. I want my dark-drinker back :|

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Samuel_1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Perhaps it's because the first time around at least you were shooting totally new beasties, this one feels so recycled. I agree it was just shooting, but I felt the level design and encounters were more thrilling. I wish they would like have kept all the old stuff from the game, adjusted accordingly for story developments, then added what's here. They had all the assets after all. I haven't actually played Warcraft, but this was raised as a good example of adding additional content while retaining the old and making it new.....

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Fade » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:42 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:Perhaps it's because the first time around at least you were shooting totally new beasties, this one feels so recycled. I agree it was just shooting, but I felt the level design and encounters were more thrilling. I wish they would like have kept all the old stuff from the game, adjusted accordingly for story developments, then added what's here. They had all the assets after all. I haven't actually played Warcraft, but this was raised as a good example of adding additional content while retaining the old and making it new.....

Maybe they felt more thrilling because it was the first time you'd played a destiny game? Maybe rose tinted glasses?

But why would they do that when you can just go and play the first game? You say it feels recycled, but then wish they had recycled MORE content? I'm gonna go with rose tinted glasses on this one Bob.

Image
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Samuel_1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Fade wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:Perhaps it's because the first time around at least you were shooting totally new beasties, this one feels so recycled. I agree it was just shooting, but I felt the level design and encounters were more thrilling. I wish they would like have kept all the old stuff from the game, adjusted accordingly for story developments, then added what's here. They had all the assets after all. I haven't actually played Warcraft, but this was raised as a good example of adding additional content while retaining the old and making it new.....

Maybe they felt more thrilling because it was the first time you'd played a destiny game? Maybe rose tinted glasses?

But why would they do that when you can just go and play the first game? You say it feels recycled, but then wish they had recycled MORE content? I'm gonna go with rose tinted glasses on this one Bob.

Possibly. I wanted them to build on the foundation of D1, so yes, ideally they would have recycled parts of the last game, but changed them in interesting ways in line with the story, as well as adding totally new areas and enemies. I may have rose tinted spectacles, but I'm just not enjoying this one like I did the first and I'm trying to work out why. Perhaps I'm doing a bad job of articulating my reasoning, but the sense of disappointment and boredom are very real.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone |
by Mafro » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Pattybean wrote:Is anyone else bored with this? It just doesnt grab me like number 1 did. No mythical weapons to lust after. Strikes are repetitious. I dunno i just feel like im gping to have to wait for years of updates before its on par again.

Absolutely, I actually think it's worse in many ways. Most notably the strikes and the crucible. Pretty gutted I went all in and pre-purchased the DLC, what a fool.......

Clearly people don't remember how bare bones Destiny 1 was at launch because it was masked by all of the grinding.

You maybe right, but I certainly preferred the strikes from the first, I think the exotics were much more interesting too.

Exotics were definitely better in the first game. Could count on one hand the amount of good all-round weapons I've used in this compared to the first game. Same goes for exotic armour as well (can only speak for the Titan class here since I haven't tried the others).

Listening to the Destiny Community Podcast and there's people in Iron Banner just doing strawberry float all and deliberately losing to the mercy rule and getting 2 tokens because it's much quicker than playing full games winning and getting 5 :lol: Do Trials and the raid use this dumb token system too that they've lazily decided to use for every other activity?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, bear, DrPepperMan, Fade, Finish.Last, jawafour, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRakoon, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Photek, Samuel_1, Ste, Trelliz and 40 guests