Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)

Anything to do with games at all.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by BOR » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 am

Mafro wrote:There' a 24 hour trial of Gambit that finishes at the reset tomorrow at 6pm. It's pretty fun, won my first game and came top 8-)

It's pretty fun and won my first game as we were down 1-0 then we fought back 2-1. 8-)

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by Fade » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:01 pm

What have they done to the weapon system? They've moved all the slots around or something, just downloaded the plus version as I had traded in the disc version and it's really confusing.

I stopped playing before the second DLC, is it better than the first?

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by Mafro » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Fade wrote:What have they done to the weapon system? They've moved all the slots around or something, just downloaded the plus version as I had traded in the disc version and it's really confusing.

I stopped playing before the second DLC, is it better than the first?

They've basically got rid of the dumb two primaries and a power weapon system they introduced in D2 and changed it so it's similar to D1's system.

Warmind was definitely better than Curse of Osiris.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by captain red dog » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:50 pm

So I'm playing the vanilla release thanks to PS+. Quick question, after the pretty good start it seems to be back to the same old get to point A, acces point B and then defend wave after wave of enemy. Or get to point B and take out a mini boss.

Is there any variation really in mission type? I don't fancy doing crappy mission after crappy mission.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by Mafro » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Yeah it's definitely more varied than D1.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken Out Tomorrow (Base Game on PS+)
by Mafro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:30 am

Forsaken is launching at the reset at 6pm tomorrow rather than midnight :x

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken Out Tomorrow (Base Game on PS+)
by BOR » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:33 am

Does Forsaken comes with the previous DLCs or just a stand alone DLC?

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken Out Tomorrow (Base Game on PS+)
by Mafro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:03 pm

BOR wrote:Does Forsaken comes with the previous DLCs or just a stand alone DLC?

There's no bundles that just has all the DLC. As far as I can see there's a bundle with:

D2, Curse of Osiris and Warmind
D2, Curse of Osiris, Warmind and Forsaken
Forsaken
Forsaken and the Annual Pass
Forsaken, Annual Pass and some extra cosmetic gooseberry fool for a tenner more

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken Out Tomorrow (Base Game on PS+)
by Parksey » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Mafro wrote:Forsaken is launching at the reset at 6pm tomorrow rather than midnight :x


At least you get some time to play it. It will launch at 2am Wednesday morning here.

What makes it worse is that a big typhoon is hitting Japan and I've actually got the day off (never been cancelled due to weather before). Was looking forward to playing it all day but forgot they had to cater to Americans on the East Coast.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Parksey wrote:
Mafro wrote:Forsaken is launching at the reset at 6pm tomorrow rather than midnight :x


At least you get some time to play it. It will launch at 2am Wednesday morning here.

What makes it worse is that a big typhoon is hitting Japan and I've actually got the day off (never been cancelled due to weather before). Was looking forward to playing it all day but forgot they had to cater to Americans on the East Coast.

Yeah the previous reset time was a lot better for non-Americans. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the main reasons they changed it (after three years of it being 9 hours earlier) was because of the amount of gooseberry fool they were breaking with their own patches and they didn't want to work overnight doing quick fixes.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Played the Gambit mode for a little while yesterday and while it was enjoyable I'm not gonna pay another £50 on this game, gonna wait and see if the Forsaken collection with all the dlc will plummet in price for Black Friday.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Image

Yeah the newer reset time sucks for non-Americans.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by Hexx » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:08 pm

Fade wrote:What have they done to the weapon system? They've moved all the slots around or something, just downloaded the plus version as I had traded in the disc version and it's really confusing.

I stopped playing before the second DLC, is it better than the first?


So there's 3 slots

Kinetic
Energy
Power

Weapons will be linked to one of these - you can only have one each.

But they ammo each uses isn't set

There's 3 types of Ammo - Primary (White), Secondary (Green) and Heavy (Purple)

So you could have a Kinetic and Energy Weapon that both use Primary ammo. Or other combos. The

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 | PS4, PC & Xbone | Free weekend on PSN June 29th - July 1st
by Mafro » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Hexx wrote:
Fade wrote:What have they done to the weapon system? They've moved all the slots around or something, just downloaded the plus version as I had traded in the disc version and it's really confusing.

I stopped playing before the second DLC, is it better than the first?


So there's 3 slots

Kinetic
Energy
Power

Weapons will be linked to one of these - you can only have one each.

But they ammo each uses isn't set

There's 3 types of Ammo - Primary (White), Secondary (Green) and Heavy (Purple)

So you could have a Kinetic and Energy Weapon that both use Primary ammo. Or other combos. The

Are you getting Forsaken? x

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by Hexx » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Yeah babe. They've done enough to make me want to play the campaign and I liked Gambit.

Don't think my group of friends will all be back though - so will be looking for raider on rllmuk.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by Fade » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 am

I played a few crucible matches and noped right out of there.

I tried giving it a chance but it's literally just a shotgun fest, like, other than supers and melees I don't think I was actually killed by anything else.

That wouldn't be so bad on it's own, but the bare bones sensitivity controls (which always have lower Y axis sensitivity) coupled with the tiny field of view, and the spongey aim assist make it feel horrible to play.

Oh and the lack of dedicated servers, there were a couple of people I'd shoot and it wouldn't register for a full 3 seconds while they teleported around.

Short of a massive technical overhaul I can't see myself going back to this. It must play really nicely on PC with 60fps, no aim assist/bullet magnetism and a bigger FOV.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out Tomorrow (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Hexx wrote:Yeah babe. They've done enough to make me want to play the campaign and I liked Gambit.

Don't think my group of friends will all be back though - so will be looking for raider on rllmuk.

Still haven't done a raid :slol: Was planning on doing Leviathan at some point last weekend to get tokens since the vendor was selling Midnight Coup but got sidetracked playing Monster Hunter instead.

Fade wrote:I played a few crucible matches and noped right out of there.

I tried giving it a chance but it's literally just a shotgun fest, like, other than supers and melees I don't think I was actually killed by anything else.

That wouldn't be so bad on it's own, but the bare bones sensitivity controls (which always have lower Y axis sensitivity) coupled with the tiny field of view, and the spongey aim assist make it feel horrible to play.

Oh and the lack of dedicated servers, there were a couple of people I'd shoot and it wouldn't register for a full 3 seconds while they teleported around.

Short of a massive technical overhaul I can't see myself going back to this. It must play really nicely on PC with 60fps, no aim assist/bullet magnetism and a bigger FOV.

Apparently last week's patch made crucible a lot better but I'm still not touching it unless I really need to for part of a quest line or something.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken launches 6pm today (base game free on PS+)
by Mafro » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Servers are down until 6pm and there's a 7.5GB patch to download.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by Peter Crisp » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 pm

How is the new update?

Is it worth jumping back in?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny 2 - Forsaken out now! (base game free on PS+)
by BOR » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:38 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:How is the new update?

Is it worth jumping back in?

I’m thinking the same question.

But then... Spider-Man is coming on this Friday.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kriken, Parksey, Saint of Killers and 60 guests