Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:08 pm

There is one way in which this game is a very convincing mmo experience. I have just launched it for the first time in year or so, activated new DLC. I get hit with so much information and new items and garbage and quests that I am instantly overwhelmed and robbed of any desire to even play the thing.

I just spent an hour sorting mail and collecting quests. Opened my vaults to see it entirely full with what I assume are now entirely worthless items.

I just turned the PS4 off. Maybe Ill be able to face this in a few days.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:33 pm

I deleted it the other day.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Peter Crisp » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:09 pm

For me Destiny has just outstayed its welcome and it's just time to move on to Destiny 2.
I had loads of fun with Destiny but I just can't do the same strikes over and over again no matter how they change the enemies or put in strike scoring or a few new guns and I'm not bothered about cosmetics in games so the events are pointless to me.
Destiny is dead.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Ord
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Ord » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 am

That's a shame as I was hoping some on here would help me do the newest raid (only got to Aksis) and get the final exotic pulse rifle. It's near impossible for the clan that I'm in to get together (family commitments and the like).
I'm not even wanting to do it for the rewards as I'm 400LL on all the characters already. The ocd in me wants to tick it off in the book though. :(
ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:31 am

Got bored of wasting whole evenings and not completing the raid and getting shite rewards. The Dawning was good for about two days but I've done everything I wanted.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
black stig
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by black stig » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:29 am

Jingle Ord the Way wrote:That's a shame as I was hoping some on here would help me do the newest raid (only got to Aksis) and get the final exotic pulse rifle. It's near impossible for the clan that I'm in to get together (family commitments and the like).
I'm not even wanting to do it for the rewards as I'm 400LL on all the characters already. The ocd in me wants to tick it off in the book though. :(


I'm still playing and up for the raid. Not completed it but do want to tick this off, grab all the gear including the exotic quest.

I hear what people are saying with Destiny, but I've always taken a reasonably steady approach and not blasted through new content immediately. Problem is by the time I'm light level ready everyone else has moved on.
PSN: black_stig
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Floex » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:44 am

What are you guys even playing anymore?! All that must be left is a mashed up husk, trying to get that minuscule scrap left in the heap.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by BOR » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:47 am

To be honest I play less now with this as it seems like I've finished everything except two hard difficulty Raids that I need to finish (The King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine).

I doubt if I can finish both though.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by degoose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 pm

black stig wrote:
Jingle Ord the Way wrote:That's a shame as I was hoping some on here would help me do the newest raid (only got to Aksis) and get the final exotic pulse rifle. It's near impossible for the clan that I'm in to get together (family commitments and the like).
I'm not even wanting to do it for the rewards as I'm 400LL on all the characters already. The ocd in me wants to tick it off in the book though. :(


I'm still playing and up for the raid. Not completed it but do want to tick this off, grab all the gear including the exotic quest.

I hear what people are saying with Destiny, but I've always taken a reasonably steady approach and not blasted through new content immediately. Problem is by the time I'm light level ready everyone else has moved on.

Yeah I'm exactly the same,I've never hammered through a game especially mmo type ones like this. I just don't have the time really.
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by degoose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Floex wrote:What are you guys even playing anymore?! All that must be left is a mashed up husk, trying to get that minuscule scrap left in the heap.

There's a lot to do if you aren't hard-core into this with your game time and if you enjoy multiplayer pvp. I still haven't done the raid but I'm only light level 373 .

I was a lot like this with wow ,I never got to the high end quickly ,I just went along at my own pace and enjoyed what was provided and also dabbled in other games. It makes things last I think.
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
User avatar
Ord
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Ord » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:06 pm

degoose wrote:
Floex wrote:What are you guys even playing anymore?! All that must be left is a mashed up husk, trying to get that minuscule scrap left in the heap.

There's a lot to do if you aren't hard-core into this with your game time and if you enjoy multiplayer pvp. I still haven't done the raid but I'm only light level 373 .

I was a lot like this with wow ,I never got to the high end quickly ,I just went along at my own pace and enjoyed what was provided and also dabbled in other games. It makes things last I think.

Same. I never understood the need to cane a game like this and then moan that there's nothing left to do. It isn't subscription based like WoW, and the hours of entertainment I've racked up is considerable, so i've no issues there.
As for stuff left to do, like I said i'd like to finish the raid (hard mode would be nice), get the exotic pulse rifle and try to get to the lighthouse on Trials of Osiris at least just once, but I'm woeful at the crucible so that'll never happen. Oh! And try to get the Stillpiercer through Nightfalls, but that's locked in RNG so that'll never happen!
ImageImage
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by degoose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Jingle Ord the Way wrote:
degoose wrote:
Floex wrote:What are you guys even playing anymore?! All that must be left is a mashed up husk, trying to get that minuscule scrap left in the heap.

There's a lot to do if you aren't hard-core into this with your game time and if you enjoy multiplayer pvp. I still haven't done the raid but I'm only light level 373 .

I was a lot like this with wow ,I never got to the high end quickly ,I just went along at my own pace and enjoyed what was provided and also dabbled in other games. It makes things last I think.

Same. I never understood the need to cane a game like this and then moan that there's nothing left to do. It isn't subscription based like WoW, and the hours of entertainment I've racked up is considerable, so i've no issues there.
As for stuff left to do, like I said i'd like to finish the raid (hard mode would be nice), get the exotic pulse rifle and try to get to the lighthouse on Trials of Osiris at least just once, but I'm woeful at the crucible so that'll never happen. Oh! And try to get the Stillpiercer through Nightfalls, but that's locked in RNG so that'll never happen!

We'll I know me , Seb and Dinoric did some trials and we had some good fun but due to the baby on the way(and now arrived) my weekends were packed so I didn't get much of a chance after a couple of weeks but I'm sure they would be interested . I also need an exotic pulse rifle ,trying to get the no time to explain I just need to do the vault of glass again.
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by BOR » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:49 am

I know it's a long shot to ask this and is there a chance that we could finish the Raids (The King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine) on hard difficulty?

Also, a flawless Raid too.

As it's only trophies left what I need to get, but if we cannot do it and it's not a problem. :(
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Ord
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Ord » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:50 pm

I'd be up for that too, never did manage Kings Fall on Hard and I've still to complete Wrath of the Machine even on normal!
ImageImage
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Floex » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 pm

Hmm, here's hoping they don't release it lwith ittle content on the initial release.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 pm

It's already been delayed by a year, so they don't really have any excuses.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Floex » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Didn't they have to make a brand new engine though?

You're right, they don't have an excuse but we are talking Activision here, not just Bungie.

Can't wait to see it.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Peter Crisp » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:59 am

If I was them I'd release the character creator only on the disk and release the game 6 months later as a free download just so they can claim they released on time so don't have to give up shares.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by BOR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm keen to play some more Destiny but perhaps in the different planets or whatever.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Karl, Mafro, Pattybean, Peter Crisp, Qikz and 40 guests