Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Floex wrote:This game is looking ancient.

Destiny 2 can't come quick enough.


Oh great they haven't even bothered giving you it as a quest reward :simper:


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Fade » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:26 pm

Meh
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:59 am

Fade wrote:Meh

Wonder which strike we'll do in reverse.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Peter Crisp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:40 pm

I have a feeling Destiny 2 will be announced just after Christmas.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:23 pm


About time.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Fade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

I wonder if there are any balance changes to make crucible less strawberry floated.

Although I don't think anything short of removing shotguns and homing grenades would make it fun.
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:07 pm

Update is out now 1.9GB. Quite a lot of decent changes https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... _12132016/
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Fade » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:59 pm

No PvP changes, ha. Guess theyve given up.
Image
User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Lazy Fair » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:38 am

I've been using trespasser in pvp and been smashing shotgun rushers from just outside their range. Also coming off quite favorable against pulse rifle users. Give it a try!
3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Hexx » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:39 am

Not sure what to make of the update. There's so many different boxes now (OK 3) containing different items/rewards - and they change how you earn them - and then different stuff needs different stuff (e.g. Ornaments).

Not sure I understand the purpose of the new book - beyond drip feeding content and providing rewards for doing the new stuff a certain number of times - or old stuff in new ways (e.g. Elite Bounties). The MoT and RoI books were nice measures of progress across an expansion - this feels a little "we added a sliver of new content - grind it lots for a record!"

SRL is also a bit weird...so it has a LL now...but you need to infuse it to keep you end of match rewards (which drop on your LL) decent...so you basically need pieces ready to infuse into racing gear....which you can't get from racing (in gear...you could it wearing normal armor). Some might have a set of gear ready to infuse - but I didn't so have to hunt down a set so I can infuse

Loved SRL last year as an alternate LL up content - but not sure I'll find it as appealing to grind out similar/lower LL gear.
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:12 am

I have a few weeks off work as of this Friday, so I might pick up the expansion and try this out again.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Not really arsed about SRL (didn't bother with it at all last year) and strawberry float them for just making the Icebreaker a random drop from a bounty for an activity that requires matchmaking rather than having it as a quest reward like the Gally, but I'll be giving the re-jigged strikes a try. Always nice when they actually add PvE content for free for a change rather than those shitty PvP events.

The relic in the Nexus strike surely means they'll be upping the Vault of Glass light level in the next big update. That and Crota's End is really all they have left.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by BOR » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Die Hard is Shite wrote:Not really arsed about SRL (didn't bother with it at all last year) and strawberry float them for just making the Icebreaker a random drop from a bounty for an activity that requires matchmaking rather than having it as a quest reward like the Gally, but I'll be giving the re-jigged strikes a try. Always nice when they actually add PvE content for free for a change rather than those shitty PvP events.

The relic in the Nexus strike surely means they'll be upping the Vault of Glass light level in the next big update. That and Crota's End is really all they have left.

Last night, I tried a new strike (A Shadow Thief), but it wasn't right as there was no SIVA enemies around. :? I will give it another attempt tonight.
"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Tried some sparrow racing last night and it was dreadful. banana splits just bouncing around the place and everything and pot luck who wins.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Unknown

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Fade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:10 pm

If you know how the physics work you can do really well.

I won most of my races last year.

Just use your side boosts for cornering, always do tricks in the air and never miss a gate.
Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Floex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Just hurry up and announce Destiny 2 already.

No idea what long term players are even still doing in the game.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Floex wrote:Just hurry up and announce Destiny 2 already.

No idea what long term players are even still doing in the game.

Game is running on fumes.

I'd expect Destiny 2 to be September-ish next year but I wouldn't put it past them to delay it given what's happened previously. The game was originally meant to be out months ago.
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Ord
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Ord » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Finally got my main to LL 400 and I'm a baw hair away from getting my alts there too. After that and finishing the Raid on hard, I think I'm done with the game. I loved my 900 hours :dread: playing it though.
ImageImage
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Peter Crisp » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:58 am

Die Hard is Shite wrote:
Floex wrote:Just hurry up and announce Destiny 2 already.

No idea what long term players are even still doing in the game.

Game is running on fumes.

I'd expect Destiny 2 to be September-ish next year but I wouldn't put it past them to delay it given what's happened previously. The game was originally meant to be out months ago.


Surely they will really struggle to keep people playing if they delay Destiny 2 again as they can't be putting any effort at all into new content for Destiny.
I watched the new version of the Omnigal strike and it's barely any different with just a few new enemies so not exactly going to keep people interested for long. They have to get 2 out next year or they will lose a lot of players.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Destiny - Wrath of the Machine hard mode out Oct 18th
by Mafro » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:46 am

The new Omnigul strike is a clusterfuck at the end.you have to go into the actual room to start the fight and the doors lock behind you so you can't hide in that little area outside. Omnigul disappears and you have to clear waves of enemies to make her reappear again. The Nexus strike is ok and I really like the new Taniks one (you have to destroy SIVA clusters to bring his shield down)
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Crimson, Frank, jiggles, Tafdolphin, Yahoo [Bot] and 34 guests