Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Rex Kramer » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:48 pm

I can't decide if I like it or not. The sheer amount of loot and the microscopic incremental upgrades just makes everything so pointless. There just seems so little sense of achievement, completely the opposite to something like Monster Hunter where weapon upgrades are really hard won. Playing it gives me the same feeling as playing Fifa in single player, that I could be doing something more productive with my time. And yet back I go to it and keep on playing. I've a feeling I felt the same about the PS4 version but have since forgotten.

Anyone want to take the Switch version off my hands for £35?

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Lazy Fair » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 am

That’s the same with all loot based games until you hit the endgame. That’s usually when the real game begins.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Peter Crisp » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am

Preezy wrote:strawberry floating paying more than £20 for this, I'm out.


It does seem rather silly to push such an old game out at such a high price. I think they could lose quite a few sales as I'm sure there are a fair few fans who have this on PC who also commute and have a Switch who would love a bit of Diablo on the train but would not be willing to pay full price for the same game yet again.

I think you've hit the nail on the head as at £20 it's still pricey but a not terrible impulse purchase but full price for a game most already own is taking the piss.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Trelliz » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:It does seem rather silly to push such an old game out at such a high price.


That's most of Nintendo's business strategy.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Preezy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:I think you've hit the nail on the head as at £20 it's still pricey but a not terrible impulse purchase but full price for a game most already own is taking the piss.

Yep. I've already got it on PS3 and PS4, and would love to play it in handheld mode...but £50?

Image

User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Yoshimi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:42 pm

I bought it for £40 on release. Shopto had it on their ebay store for £35 at the weekend (not sure if it's still).

I've put in dozens of hours into the switch version already, despite already playing it on PC. Money well spent IMHO.

User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Rog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Whoever Richy and Kiwicake are, I keep getting gifts for you guys and sending them but have got bugger all in return. Sort it.

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Lazy Fair » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Rog wrote:Whoever Richy and Kiwicake are, I keep getting gifts for you guys and sending them but have got bugger all in return. Sort it.


Haha, I’m Richy. This on Switch?

I’ve not had any gifts. How do I check these?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Peter Crisp » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 pm

From memory they should be in your post box.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Mafro » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm

Preezy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:I think you've hit the nail on the head as at £20 it's still pricey but a not terrible impulse purchase but full price for a game most already own is taking the piss.

Yep. I've already got it on PS3 and PS4, and would love to play it in handheld mode...but £50?

Image

I feel sorry for people that pay £50 for new games when they can easily be found cheaper if you look pretty much anywhere other than GAME.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
The Doom Spoon
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Wales
Contact:

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by The Doom Spoon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 pm

I'm torn whether or not to to pick it up. I have it on the Xbone which I've pumped well over 100 hours into. Would love to play it on the go but I also feel the price is steep. I bought the Xbone version just over a year and a half a go pre owned for £20. To spend £40+ on it today seems silly.

I guess you have to take into consideration its not as simple as sticking it on a Switch cartridge and putting it on sale. Work has to be put into optimising the game for the hardware so I guess that's what you're paying for.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Hime » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 am

Parksey wrote:I don't live in the UK, so it's either £50 or some wahoo skullduggery.

£50 for this is pretty shocking. They need to stop just going for the money grab with these Switch ports - surely they would sell more copies if it was £25-30. They'd get people like me, who want the portability, and the lower price would entice those who are tempted but ball at the cost of double dipping.

To be fair lots of the older ports are cheaper. Bayonetta is £25 and gives you a discount on Bayonetta 2.

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by jawafour » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:59 am



Digital Foundry seem pretty impressed with the Switch version.

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Lazy Fair » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 am

Any idea how I access the mailbox to get these gifts? At the moment I’m just playing through story with a seasons character.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 am

Lazy Fair wrote:Any idea how I access the mailbox to get these gifts? At the moment I’m just playing through story with a seasons character.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mailbox is next to the inn, in New Tristrum. (The town hub.)

edit:
Image

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Lazy Fair » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Lazy Fair wrote:Any idea how I access the mailbox to get these gifts? At the moment I’m just playing through story with a seasons character.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mailbox is next to the inn, in New Tristrum. (The town hub.)

edit:
[img]https://assets1.ignimgs.com/vid/thumbnails/user/2014/08/14/D3_x1_RoS_Mailbox_AD_01_1280w.jpg[/img]

I’ve never noticed that, but I read you can’t access it in seasons (which I am playing). Any idea if that’s true?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Saint of Killers » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 pm

Lazy Fair wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Lazy Fair wrote:Any idea how I access the mailbox to get these gifts? At the moment I’m just playing through story with a seasons character.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mailbox is next to the inn, in New Tristrum. (The town hub.)

edit:
[img]https://assets1.ignimgs.com/vid/thumbnails/user/2014/08/14/D3_x1_RoS_Mailbox_AD_01_1280w.jpg[/img]

I’ve never noticed that, but I read you can’t access it in seasons (which I am playing). Any idea if that’s true?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I never played seasons so cannot say. But looking at official D3 forums that does appear to be the case: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20758285691

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Akumalovesyou
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Sandy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm playing seasons and I can't access it, so seems like that's the case.

User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Yoshimi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm loving the "post game". I'm at paragon 320, and greater rift 62 with my Demon Hunter. Trying to get the last few pieces of my build.

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer - 27/6/17
by Lazy Fair » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Yoshimi wrote:I'm loving the "post game". I'm at paragon 320, and greater rift 62 with my Demon Hunter. Trying to get the last few pieces of my build.

How many hours to get to that stage?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAKA, Google [Bot], Met and 61 guests