The Politics Thread 3.0

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Garth » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Image

Image

Image
1784-9768-8381
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by KK » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:55 pm

No Daily Mail yet...how odd. They're usually one of the first out of the gate.

Image
User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Irene Demova » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Laughed out loud when I got to the express one

User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Irene Demova » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:20 am



Amazing, especially given they ran with a picture where the slogan is transformed into a criticism :lol:

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Squinty » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 am

I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did watch clips of it. She did alright considering she was sick, but my word, it really was a metaphor for her leadership. The final nails are being put into the coffin.

The donor idea is very good. I thought the energy prices was u turned out of, but it seems to be brought back.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:34 am

Squinty wrote:I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did watch clips of it. She did alright considering she was sick, but my word, it really was a metaphor for her leadership. The final nails are being put into the coffin.

The donor idea is very good. I thought the energy prices was u turned out of, but it seems to be brought back.


I'd agree with that, her coughing and spluttering was funny but other than as a metaphor I don't look down on a politician for being ill. I actually thought she made a decent joke (for a politician!) when Hammond gave her a lozenge and she said "the Chancellor is giving something away for free!".

The organ donation is a great idea, there should be no reason that it isn't an opt out arrangement.

The social/council house stuff was not very impressive really. The amount of money being put forward will not build anywhere near enough. Better than nothing I guess, but hardly a return to the house building of old.

I think all the reports of utter disaster I had read over the day made her speech sound better, I was expecting a car crash but instead it was mostly dull.

The clip of Amber Rudd getting Boris to stand up and clap was great though. :lol:

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Grumpy David » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 am

How embarrassing. :slol:

Listening on the radio yesterday morning and there was talk of a massive house building policy.

How disappointing to find out it's only an extra 2 billion. Something like an extra 25,000 homes. Drop in the ocean.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 am

Grumpy David wrote:How embarrassing. :slol:

Listening on the radio yesterday morning and there was talk of a massive house building policy.

How disappointing to find out it's only an extra 2 billion. Something like an extra 25,000 homes. Drop in the ocean.


I think it's estimated that we need to build an extra 250,000-300,000 per year. :lol:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Rex Kramer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 am

Grumpy David wrote:How embarrassing. :slol:

Listening on the radio yesterday morning and there was talk of a massive house building policy.

How disappointing to find out it's only an extra 2 billion. Something like an extra 25,000 homes. Drop in the ocean.

Tim Farron tweeted something along the lines of 25,000 homes over 5 years averages out to 15 houses per local authority per year.

Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Errkal » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 am

I guess post brexit when they don't need to worry about paying people but and safety they could do a house 8k.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by captain red dog » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:20 am

Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did watch clips of it. She did alright considering she was sick, but my word, it really was a metaphor for her leadership. The final nails are being put into the coffin.

The donor idea is very good. I thought the energy prices was u turned out of, but it seems to be brought back.


I'd agree with that, her coughing and spluttering was funny but other than as a metaphor I don't look down on a politician for being ill. I actually thought she made a decent joke (for a politician!) when Hammond gave her a lozenge and she said "the Chancellor is giving something away for free!".

Given this Government's treatment of the sick and disabled, she gets no pass from me!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:34 am

captain red dog wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:I haven't seen the whole thing, but I did watch clips of it. She did alright considering she was sick, but my word, it really was a metaphor for her leadership. The final nails are being put into the coffin.

The donor idea is very good. I thought the energy prices was u turned out of, but it seems to be brought back.


I'd agree with that, her coughing and spluttering was funny but other than as a metaphor I don't look down on a politician for being ill. I actually thought she made a decent joke (for a politician!) when Hammond gave her a lozenge and she said "the Chancellor is giving something away for free!".

Given this Government's treatment of the sick and disabled, she gets no pass from me!


She gets no pass from me for the treatment disabled people have received.

But I think our coverage of politics becomes rather pathetic when everybody is focusing on “she coughed and lost her voice a bit that’s proof she’s no good as Prime Minister!”.

We all know (even the Tories!) that she is no good as Prime Minister, I just think her incompetence and her lack of belief in anything should be the judge of that, the cough and losing her voice is an irrelevance that only distracts from just how terrible she is.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Trelliz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:02 am

Irene Demova wrote:

Amazing, especially given they ran with a picture where the slogan is transformed into a criticism :lol:


"Building a country thats worse for ever" seems much more in line with reality.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by KK » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 am

The Express and Mail seem to do an inordinate amount of articles and features on Alzheimer's.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:19 am

KK wrote:The Express and Mail seem to do an inordinate amount of articles and features on Alzheimer's.


That’s because the average Mail and Express reader can’t remember the previous articles.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:34 am

Moggy wrote:
KK wrote:The Express and Mail seem to do an inordinate amount of articles and features on Alzheimer's.


That’s because the average Mail and Express reader can’t remember the previous articles.


It must be horrible for them to find out that Princess Diana has died every week.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by The Watching Artist » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:02 am


Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Knoyleo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:14 am

How long until the Tories sell off this paltry handful of new council homes, anyway?

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Garth » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Tory rebels prepared to confront Theresa May within three days and tell her to quit

Tory rebels have said that there is a "50/50" chance they will confront Theresa May in the next three days and demand that she steps down before the end of the year.

Ed Vaizey, a former minister, today became the first Tory MP to break ranks and said that "quite a few people are firmly of the view that she should resign" after her disastrous conference speech.

The Telegraph understands that the rebels, who have the support of around 30 Tory MPs, believe there is a "small window of opportunity" to force the Prime Minister out.

They say that if they can attract sufficient support they will confront the Prime Minister directly and tell her to go.

"It has to be all or nothing," one of the Tory MPs said. "We can't have a situation where a few go public with their criticism and the rest fade away. There is a small window of opportunity here, more people are coming forward."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... eresa-may/

Official Conservative implosion thread if it all kicks off? :slol:

Image
1784-9768-8381
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Lagamorph » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:05 pm

As much as I'd love to see her gone, Brexit negotiations are going badly enough without everything having to go on hold/restart because of a leadership change and the likely cabinet reshuffle that goes with it.

On the other hand if someone unexpected could swoop in and completely reshuffle things, especially Davis and Johnson, it may end up getting things moving faster in the long run.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

Return to “Stuff”