The Politics Thread 3.0

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Tafdolphin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:38 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Karl wrote:Yeah mate that's exactly what it says. Well done.


I was clearly being sarcastic. But it is increasingly being said that people are dying under NHS care where they would have a better chance in another country.


Just to stick my oar in here: you really weren't.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:15 am

Tafdolphin wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Karl wrote:Yeah mate that's exactly what it says. Well done.


I was clearly being sarcastic. But it is increasingly being said that people are dying under NHS care where they would have a better chance in another country.


Just to stick my oar in here: you really weren't.


I clearly was as I wrote it, I know how I was feeling when I wrote it. That's the problem with text.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Rocsteady » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:26 am

The post doesn't even work as sarcasm.

Image
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by bear » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am

Not sure if sarcasm is the right way to describe it but it was a tongue in cheek comment.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:45 am

This is why ;) is so important.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Hyperion » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Sticking my paddle in, I read it as clear sarcasm

Image Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Hyperion wrote:Sticking my paddle in, I read it as clear sarcasm


Thanks

bear wrote:Not sure if sarcasm is the right way to describe it but it was a tongue in cheek comment.


I will accept tongue in cheek. Ultimately i was just taking the piss out of the report. We ranked high for efficiency, affordability etc but low for success rates in terms of treatments. So i said that the NHS is very efficient and affordable at killing people unnecessarily. It was a joke, i'm not actually Jeremy Hunt.

Moggy wrote:This is why ;) is so important.


I love you moggy ;) :mrgreen:

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Kezzer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Moggy wrote:This is why ;) is so important.


See, I always assumed that " :mrgreen: " or " :slol: " or " :simper: " was sarcasm, or at least making a jokey comment.

Personally I think " ;) " would be seen as smug. ;)

- I have never winked when I am being sarcastic.

:nod: :roll: :shifty: :slol: :fp: :wub: :datass: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :lol: :D :) :simper: ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-)
:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
I love you moggy ;) :mrgreen:


I love you more you massive flaming ball of gas. :simper:

User avatar
Snowcannon
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Snowcannon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Kezzer wrote:
Moggy wrote:This is why ;) is so important.


See, I always assumed that " :mrgreen: " or " :slol: " or " :simper: " was sarcasm, or at least making a jokey comment.

Personally I think " ;) " would be seen as smug. ;)

- I have never winked when I am being sarcastic.

:nod: :roll: :shifty: :slol: :fp: :wub: :datass: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :lol: :D :) :simper: ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-)
:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:


No :simper: is smug

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Snowcannon wrote:
Kezzer wrote:
Moggy wrote:This is why ;) is so important.


See, I always assumed that " :mrgreen: " or " :slol: " or " :simper: " was sarcasm, or at least making a jokey comment.

Personally I think " ;) " would be seen as smug. ;)

- I have never winked when I am being sarcastic.

:nod: :roll: :shifty: :slol: :fp: :wub: :datass: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :P :x :lol: :D :) :simper: ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-)
:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:


No :simper: is smug


This one is for "crack pipe smoking" :toot:

User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Kezzer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Moggy wrote:
Snowcannon wrote:
Kezzer wrote:
Moggy wrote:This is why ;) is so important.


See, I always assumed that " :mrgreen: " or " :slol: " or " :simper: " was sarcasm, or at least making a jokey comment.

Personally I think " ;) " would be seen as smug. ;)

- I have never winked when I am being sarcastic.

Image


No :simper: is smug


This one is for "crack pipe smoking" :toot:


No, its "I'm excited" :toot:

Edit: Mods :x

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Tafdolphin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Whatever happened to the sarcmark? Gone from this cruel earth too soon.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm

It was clearly sarcasm.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Eighthours » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Karl wrote:Imagine how good they'd be if they received a bit of funding.


I have detected another sarcastic post... :D

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Eighthours wrote:
Karl wrote:Imagine how good they'd be if they received a bit of funding.


I have detected another sarcastic post... :D


And without the correct smilie use as well. Well done :P

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Karl
Imi Wakannai
Imi Wakannai
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Karl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

Eighthours wrote:
Karl wrote:Imagine how good they'd be if they received a bit of funding.


I have detected another sarcastic post... :D


As you know I'm dead serious about ending 'austerity' underfunding of public services; it's no laughing matter to the people who depend on those services.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

Karl wrote:
Eighthours wrote:
Karl wrote:Imagine how good they'd be if they received a bit of funding.


I have detected another sarcastic post... :D


As you know I'm dead serious about ending 'austerity' underfunding of public services; it's no laughing matter to the people who depend on those services.


As a Green voter, I am sure Eighthours fully agrees with you.

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Memento Mori » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

The brexiteers are briefing against the Chancellor again then.

User avatar
Tineash
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Tineash » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Everyone's briefing against everyone.

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Dan, massimo, Poser, Preezy, Qikz, Skarjo, Ste, That's not a growth, Tragic Magic, Yahoo [Bot] and 32 guests