The Politics Thread 3.0

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:22 am

lex-man wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


There is some talk of faked vote slips.

Personally, I believe people are stupid enough to vote for dictatorship.


People are stupid enough, if May or someone did a referendum on not having to have any more voting again an we could all just get on with life and not have to worry about what those politicians were doing, how we would better serve the people if we didn't have to worry about annoying them and being voted out a whole load of idiots would vote for it as "well dat sounds like way less annoying, I hate having to go a voting station for 5 minutes."

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Squinty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 am

I'm wondering if it was the media distorting the truth there. Or are the people really that thick.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 am

From what i have seen on Facebook and Twitter people are that thick.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:39 am

Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


You lost, get over it! People are tired of being called stupid for how they voted, there are lots of legitimate reasons for making Erdogan dictator! Stop moaning and pull together so we can have the best possible dictatorship ever.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:41 am

Errkal wrote:
lex-man wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


There is some talk of faked vote slips.

Personally, I believe people are stupid enough to vote for dictatorship.


People are stupid enough, if May or someone did a referendum on not having to have any more voting again an we could all just get on with life and not have to worry about what those politicians were doing, how we would better serve the people if we didn't have to worry about annoying them and being voted out a whole load of idiots would vote for it as "well dat sounds like way less annoying, I hate having to go a voting station for 5 minutes."


I don't think May would win a referendum like that, but I bet at least 20% of the country (and maybe even higher) would vote for it.

People are stupid. Really really strawberry floating stupid.

Image
User avatar
Lastpostamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Lastpostamorph » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:16 am

This is pretty much how Hitler started out.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by OnlyShallow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:24 am

The number of times I've had to post this film during the past year...


Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by lex-man » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

It seems like a lot of countries are moving to isolationist and slightly racist position.

I feel like we've lot that we've got far enough away from WW1 & 2 that people have forgotten how badly it worked out last time. Personally I think a large scale war is inevitable. We going to see an increase in isolationism and fascism with a drop in food caused by global warming.

I kind of feel sorry for kids born today because I think they'll going to go through a ton of crap growing up.

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Rudolphin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:31 am

OnlyShallow wrote:The number of times I've had to post this film during the past year...



That's brilliant.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by lex-man » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:39 am

The whole film is on youtube.


User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by OnlyShallow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 am

lex-man wrote:The whole film is on youtube.


It's one of my all time favourite films. This has nothing to do with the naked scenes of Vanessa Howard :shifty:

Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
Lucien
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Lucien » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Moggy wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


You lost, get over it! People are tired of being called stupid for how they voted, there are lots of legitimate reasons for making Erdogan dictator! Stop moaning and pull together so we can have the best possible dictatorship ever.


Turkey's descent into authoritarianism is nowhere near what we have going on, so using it to try to make a point on Brexit is pretty poor.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Lucien wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


You lost, get over it! People are tired of being called stupid for how they voted, there are lots of legitimate reasons for making Erdogan dictator! Stop moaning and pull together so we can have the best possible dictatorship ever.


Turkey's descent into authoritarianism is nowhere near what we have going on, so using it to try to make a point on Brexit is pretty poor.


Stop moaning and accept the will of the people!

Image
User avatar
Tell Karl his brother is dead
Daiakuma
Daiakuma
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Tell Karl his brother is dead » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Precious snowflakes stamping their feet and crying about how they want Turkey to be a 'safe space' and 'not a dictatorship.' This is why no-one takes the left seriously.

User avatar
Christmas CrackErrkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Christmas CrackErrkal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Lucien wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Meep wrote:Well, there goes Turkish democracy.


It's sad but I'm hoping the vote was rigged, because the only other alternative is people were stupid enough to vote for a dictatorship.


You lost, get over it! People are tired of being called stupid for how they voted, there are lots of legitimate reasons for making Erdogan dictator! Stop moaning and pull together so we can have the best possible dictatorship ever.


Turkey's descent into authoritarianism is nowhere near what we have going on, so using it to try to make a point on Brexit is pretty poor.

Bollocks can you not make comparisons. It is a more extreme form but our country has made a leap towards authoritarianism as have many countries all at once.
It is a global issue that countries seem to be moving that way and it is very scary considering what happened last time.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:53 pm

OnlyShallow wrote:
lex-man wrote:The whole film is on youtube.


It's one of my all time favourite films. This has nothing to do with the naked scenes of Vanessa Howard :shifty:


I had never heard of this so gave it a watch, its bloody hillarious :lol:

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Rudolphin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

May to give statement at 11.15 "only normally used for most serious moments"

A colleague in the press gallery has just stuck his head into our office to pose this question: “Election? War? Or resigning? Which is it?”

Of course, it could be something a lot more innocuous.


Also:



:slol: :slol:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... itics-live

Last edited by Rudolphin on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Hexx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:20 am

Election to be announced in a hour then?

User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Rudolphin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:21 am

Hexx wrote:Election to be announced in a hour then?


More than likely, by the looks of it.

Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by KK » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am

Nobody knows what it's about.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Monkey Man, Yahoo [Bot] and 52 guests