The Politics Thread 3.0

Our best bits.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am

Karl wrote:
Preezy wrote:What country am I living in again :|


A Facebook acquaintance of mine is an actual doctor who refers to abortion as 'murdering babies,' and boasts about making it difficult for women who see him asking for an abortion to get permission ("Yes, I do think I know better than they do" was his reply when asked).

As you might expect he is a total bell-end in all other aspects of his life too.


Sounds a lovely bloke.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Karl » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:52 am

Knoyleo wrote:This is abhorrent. Can you report him to the GMC for these comments?

An interesting idea! Sadly I suspect he's likely to have carefully phrased each individual comment to stay within the bounds of whatever regulations he adheres to. I'll have a leaf through his Facebook again though for sure.

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by satriales » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 am

Corbyn is going to force a vote on removing the 1% public pay cap. Smart move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40423052

User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by jiggles » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:17 pm

As tasty a zinger as this was earlier today, I wish it hadn't overshadowed the important question and total non-answer that followed.

Streaming: YouTube Gaming | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by KK » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I know why they've done it (they want the Queen's Speech to pass, and this is exactly what they've been paid to do) but there is something hypocritical about the anti-austerity DUP voting to keep England and Wales in austerity while Northern Ireland gets an extra £1 Billion bung.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Preezy wrote:
Preezy, from the locked election thread wrote:I also can't believe that abortion is still illegal in Northern Ireland. It's 2017 for strawberry floats sake, what the hell is going on. Outrageous and scandalous.

I've also just discovered that:
Currently women in England and Wales have to prove to a doctor that carrying on with the pregnancy is detrimental to health or wellbeing to get permission for a termination.

Without permission, abortion is a criminal offence.

What country am I living in again :|


Erm that's not true at all. The England and Wales part.

The decision to have an abortion is yours alone. But all women requesting an abortion should be offered the opportunity to discuss their options and choices with, and receive support from, a trained pregnancy counsellor.


http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

You do have to have it carried out on the NHS or through an authorised clinic. Maybe that's where the confusion comes about a criminal offence.

Before an abortion

Before having an abortion, you'll need to attend an assessment appointment at the hospital or clinic.
During this assessment, you may:
- discuss your reasons for considering an abortion and whether you're sure about your decision
- be offered the chance to talk things over with a trained counsellor if you think it might help
- talk to a nurse or doctor about the abortion methods available, including any associated risks and complications
-do a pregnancy test to confirm you're pregnant – an ultrasound scan may be done to check how many weeks pregnant you are
- be tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), your blood type and low iron levels (anaemia)
- be given antibiotics to reduce the risk of an infection developing after the abortion
- When you're sure you want to go ahead with the abortion, you'll be asked to sign a consent form and a date for the abortion will be arranged. You can change your mind at any point up to the start of the procedure.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Preezy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Ah ok fair enough then. I got my facts from a BBC story, so will have to be more careful with my sauces next time (and keep them in the fridge).

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Preezy wrote:Ah ok fair enough then. I got my facts from a BBC story, so will have to be more careful with my sauces next time (and keep them in the fridge).


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40418986

I assume that's the story you read. It seems to completely contradict the NHS website which states that the choice is the women's and hers alone. My assumption is that it's one of the situations where an old law is ignored but hasn't actually been rewritten or squashed. So technically it's a criminal offence to have one without a doctors permission but in reality a doctor will always give permission as long as they are under 24 weeks and mentally fit to consent.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Has anyone ever looked at the website fullfact.org? it's pretty good for government facts and figures.

https://fullfact.org/

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Glowy69 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 pm

Glowy69 wrote:Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.


No although i expected it to get defeated so I am not shocked. However what it does show straight away is where the DUP's loyalties are as they are openly anti-austerity in the election so this was a test for them and they've failed the people that voted for them.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by KK » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Terrible visual. A case of getting so caught up in the moment and "Yes, we stuck it to Labour again!" they clearly didn't contemplate how that's going to look to a nurse or police officer on TV.

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by BID0 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Preezy wrote:Ah ok fair enough then. I got my facts from a BBC story, so will have to be more careful with my sauces next time (and keep them in the fridge).


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-40418986

I assume that's the story you read. It seems to completely contradict the NHS website which states that the choice is the women's and hers alone. My assumption is that it's one of the situations where an old law is ignored but hasn't actually been rewritten or squashed. So technically it's a criminal offence to have one without a doctors permission but in reality a doctor will always give permission as long as they are under 24 weeks and mentally fit to consent.

I haven't read the article but maybe this is the confusion...

As far as I know England and Wales follow abortion rules of the country the person is from. So if a women from NI comes to either England or Wales to have it performed by the NHS then it's not allowed.

Scotland is different and they don't take account of the laws of the country of origin

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Karl » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:56 am

Technically, doctors should only offer an abortion if the mother's welfare is in danger. Practically, 99% of doctors recognise that being forced to carry to term a baby they don't want poses a risk to the mother's mental health - you know, in that it would be one of the worst imaginable experiences - so almost all requests are granted. That's the confusion -- between the word of the law, and how it's 'enforced' by the NHS.

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Glowy69 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 am

Lucien wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.


They actually cheered an effective pay cut? :dread:


When the motion was passed. So the pay cap to stay yes they cheered. strawberry float the public services. We beat labour.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Drumstick » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:27 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Has anyone ever looked at the website fullfact.org? it's pretty good for government facts and figures.

https://fullfact.org/

Yeah I started following them on FB a few months back. Very informative and in some cases enlightening.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Samuel_1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:15 am

Glowy69 wrote:Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.

I don't think they'll survive another election, their contempt for the public sector, is well, contemptible, they are a strawberry floating disgrace.

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by BID0 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:09 pm

Glowy69 wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.


They actually cheered an effective pay cut? :dread:


When the motion was passed. So the pay cap to stay yes they cheered. strawberry float the public services. We beat labour.


User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Tafdolphin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:12 pm

BID0 wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Lucien wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:Anyone pleased with the vote to keep the pay cap? Anyone that voted for those banana splits in power should be ashamed. Utter disgrace. A police officer gave his life to protect these idiots a few weeks ago and they've got the gaul to cheer that they won the vote. All because "not corbyn"

strawberry float this country..and strawberry float anyone that voted for this lot. You're part of the problem.


They actually cheered an effective pay cut? :dread:


When the motion was passed. So the pay cap to stay yes they cheered. strawberry float the public services. We beat labour.



Footage:



strawberry floating disgraceful.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Photek » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Footage:



strawberry floating disgraceful.

Jesus Christ. :fp:

What the actual strawberry float is going in the world?

Image
Grcades resident banana split.

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests