Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:03 pm

And Corvo Low Chaos playthrough is complete.

Damn, that was a good game.

User avatar
_/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by _/\_YUNGSTAR_/\_ » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:27 pm


Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:30 am

Not as good as the first one, but still a damn good game in its own right. Technical issues up the bunghole, slightly poorer plot, less exciting setting.

But man, the gameplay is awesome, and the world building is still very high standard. The sheer amount of ways you can approach things is amazing, and I haven't even played using Emily yet, so I don't know how she changes things. Some absolutely excellent missions in this as well, the time travel mansion, the duke'sestate.

Big thumbs up from me. Looking forward to my second playthrough already.

User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Update on PC version the latest patch seems to have improved the frame pacing a lot. I don't want to say it's perfect, but it feels fixed.. to me at least and a lot of others on the steam discussion forums are saying it has improved or is perfect. Still others aren't yet convinced so I'd just say give it a go and see. I can play this on high now also, most settings are all high at least. Before I used medium so I don't know what else has changed. But I decided to restart and play it in this new improved state. Throne room interactive cutscene at the beginning still chugs a bit though and fps takes a bit of a hit but when the game properly gets going and you're in control it seems to perform well!

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:30 am

So a Dishonored 2 Expansion with Billie Lurk as protagonist.

Was hoping something like this would come along.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Jenuall » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Looking forward to more of this, especially if we're heading back to Dunwall.

Had a quick play on this following the most recent patch and can definitely see some improvements to performance, obviously it's taken far too long to get right but hats off to them for not just abandoning it.

Image
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Hopefully the new dishonored spin off game will have all these improvements. I can't imagine why they wouldn't now.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Any takers for Death of the Outsider? Looking forward to get this one tomorrow!

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Playing the XB1 version of Death of the Outsider. This runs a strawberry float ton better. Seriously.

Edit - Beat the first mission and I wish the vanilla game ran as well as this.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 pm

I just realised Displace (the replacement for blink), allows you to explode people if you warp straight into them.

Why am I doing this game on stealth/no deaths? It's clearly meant to be played as a murdering psychopath.

Edit - This has been great. The bank heist mission in particular was awesome.

I'm loving that Void Sword animation. Might be the only time I've been impressed by this generations graphics.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Ad7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:05 pm

Not sure if this is the official topic for this, but i've recently finished playing after 18 or so hours.

Absolutely loved it, so so good. I played as Emily and decided to do a no kill run as my first, as in the first game i just ended up murdering everyone by the second level :lol:

I played on hard so the second you were seen you were dead anyway, so it made the early parts of the game very tough. I turned the quest markers off too so it made finding my way around really fun.

The levels are just so beautifully done, really feel like proper places (within the fantasy world of course). I loved that I could just tackle the missions in a different way to how it suggested and the game would accommodate, for example the level where you have to get in to a vault.
You're told to get the help of one faction by presenting the leader of the other to them, except when i looked around i eventually found a way in of my own, and also found out a bout a way to smuggle people out of the city in boxes, so i decided to see what would happen if the leaders were smuggled out...it worked! The game was prepared for it and the story changed accordingly. Great stuff.


Will probably do a full murder Corvo run at some point, and try to make that one where I do the entire game without being spotted. Shouldn't be too hard if i get the power for bodies to turn to ash.

MOAR please.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by jawafour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Ad7 wrote:...MOAR please.

You may already know this, Ad, but the stand-alone adventure "The Death of the Outsider" released last month. That'll give you MOAR Dishonored :toot: .

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Ad7 wrote:Not sure if this is the official topic for this, but i've recently finished playing after 18 or so hours.

Absolutely loved it, so so good. I played as Emily and decided to do a no kill run as my first, as in the first game i just ended up murdering everyone by the second level :lol:

I played on hard so the second you were seen you were dead anyway, so it made the early parts of the game very tough. I turned the quest markers off too so it made finding my way around really fun.

The levels are just so beautifully done, really feel like proper places (within the fantasy world of course). I loved that I could just tackle the missions in a different way to how it suggested and the game would accommodate, for example the level where you have to get in to a vault.
You're told to get the help of one faction by presenting the leader of the other to them, except when i looked around i eventually found a way in of my own, and also found out a bout a way to smuggle people out of the city in boxes, so i decided to see what would happen if the leaders were smuggled out...it worked! The game was prepared for it and the story changed accordingly. Great stuff.


Will probably do a full murder Corvo run at some point, and try to make that one where I do the entire game without being spotted. Shouldn't be too hard if i get the power for bodies to turn to ash.

MOAR please.


High chaos is amazing. Especially with Emily. I found it so much more fun than stealthing it

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Ad7 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 pm

jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:...MOAR please.

You may already know this, Ad, but the stand-alone adventure "The Death of the Outsider" released last month. That'll give you MOAR Dishonored :toot: .


I did not, cheers :toot:

Will look out for it on sale.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Jenuall » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:42 am

I've been replaying this tonight whilst waiting for Death of the Outsider to download, it's amazing how much better it runs now than it did at launch. The whole game is pretty much silky smooth for me now and it makes such a difference to how good it feels to play!

I was super stealth Corvo on my first run so I've been really letting loose with the destruction on an Emily run this time. I'm justifying her behaviour as a result of seeing some strawberry floated up gooseberry fool as a kid during the first game and it's all pouring out of her now she's got the chance to show her true self! I've always been a stealth fan but must admit to having a great time going all out chaos for a change!

Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by jawafour » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 am

Ad7 wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Ad7 wrote:...MOAR please.

You may already know this, Ad, but the stand-alone adventure "The Death of the Outsider" released last month. That'll give you MOAR Dishonored :toot: .


I did not, cheers :toot:

Will look out for it on sale.

It’s now on offer at £9.99 in the PS Store, Ad.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Ad7 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 am

Cheers Jawa, still a bit steep for a bit of DLC so I'll probably hold off and get it in a steam sale.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Jenuall » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:00 am

Ad7 wrote:Cheers Jawa, still a bit steep for a bit of DLC so I'll probably hold off and get it in a steam sale.


Death of the Outsider is standalone not DLC, although in all honesty it really isn't that different in this case.

I'd say it is absolutely worth the money I've really enjoyed playing it - almost more than the main game in fact. Everyone has a different view of what constitutes good value, and with this kind of game depending on how you approach it the play time could vary wildly. Personally I've spent 25 hours on it and have still not finished my first play through - but I am a meticulous bastard when it comes to these games so YMMV.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Death of the Outsider is really good despite the last mission being a bit annoying.

The bank mission in it is just class. I love the new powers. When I discovered you can explode people by displacing into them, I laughed so hard.

High Chaos playthroughs are the way to go. I like Low chaos, but it really is no comparison. The amount of ridiculously cool ways you can kill in these games is satisfying.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mysteriousdave, NickSCFC and 46 guests