Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Sun May 28, 2017 3:48 pm

I finally came around to giving it another try now that its as patched up as its ever going to be. It still has some gooseberry fool performance issues, but you just have to learn to live with it sadly. First run as Corvo in low chaos, and I enjoyed it once I put all the niggles aside. But Emily in high chaos is so, so much more fun. High chaos just lets you go nuts with your powers and using stuff like domino or mesmerize and murderising groups of people is great. Still haven't finished with Emily yet but overall the game is definitely a great game. I loved the crack in the slab mission (thought it was a lot better than Clockwork Mansion), and the art direction I nthe game is mummy strawberry floating stunning. The story is a little less interesting than Dishonored 1, but its a good sequel. I loved the conservatory mission too, just for how amazing the museum looked.
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Sun May 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Dishonored 1 runs so well, it's a shame the sequel still has issues with performance, albeit much improved.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Sun May 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Yeah, the first game had zero issues at all. Was genuinely surprised at how poorly the void engine runs. I was playing at 1440p and using the special item in the crack in the slab mission would tank the FPS to high teens at times. strawberry floating crazy.
User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Manchester

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Jamo3103 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:30 pm

I've just recently played through this on my PC at 1440p and had absolutely no performance issues at all, not a single noticeable frame drop. Werid. I did a high chaos play through as Corvo too so there was plenty going on!

Echo what you said about it being a great game though with stunning art direction and again I agree that the story didn't quiet match up to the first game.
Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Photek » Tue May 30, 2017 9:51 am

Runs pretty bad on consoles, bad on X1 anyway and DF says it's as bad on PS4. Shelved until Scorpio.
Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Tafdolphin » Tue May 30, 2017 11:38 am

So odd. My rig is lower high range (1070 gtx) and it's always run like butter.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Jenuall » Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 am

GTX 970 here - runs at mostly 60FPS but does have drops every so often, and annoyingly not in what would appear to be particularly taxing scenes.

It's better than at launch but still a disappointment given how well the original performed.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Tue May 30, 2017 6:16 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:So odd. My rig is lower high range (1070 gtx) and it's always run like butter.


I'm not saying you're lying but I guarantee that if you play with an fps counter on you'll see framedrops. The game is just poorly optimized, it's not a case of brute forcing it with better hardware. Even if you miraculously did achieve solid, 100% 60fps, the frame pacing issues in the game are so bad half the time it feels like you're getting low fps, especially if you play with KB&M.
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Ignorance is bliss though I suppose.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by FatDaz » Tue May 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Got this today. Trying Corvo low chaos. Flip me it's unforgiving. 2 hits and you're dead and the guards seem to spot you easily and no kill melee is next to impossible as the parry system is really unclear.

Loving the world, setting open approach to exploring and objectives.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Tafdolphin » Tue May 30, 2017 9:47 pm

zXe wrote:Ignorance is bliss though I suppose.


My mantra.
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by smurphy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 pm

The performance was absolutely fine for me, and I'm on a pretty modest rig. Stuck on the prettiest form of dynamic resolution (which gave a barely noticeable drop in visual quality) and held a solid 60 fps. It looks brilliant, too. I started playing Dark Souls 3 on PS4 again afterwards and it looked like vomit on the screen by comparison. Quickload was also blazingly fast, especially compared to Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Almost too fast, I abused the gooseberry fool out of it to the point I almost ruined the experience.

Really brilliant game. Most of the levels perhaps aren't as memorable as the first, but the highlights are really bloody high. Sad to see this on the low sales price nose-drive it's currently on.
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 am

smurphy wrote:The performance was absolutely fine for me, and I'm on a pretty modest rig. Stuck on the prettiest form of dynamic resolution (which gave a barely noticeable drop in visual quality) and held a solid 60 fps. It looks brilliant, too. I started playing Dark Souls 3 on PS4 again afterwards and it looked like vomit on the screen by comparison. Quickload was also blazingly fast, especially compared to Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Almost too fast, I abused the gooseberry fool out of it to the point I almost ruined the experience.

Really brilliant game. Most of the levels perhaps aren't as memorable as the first, but the highlights are really bloody high. Sad to see this on the low sales price nose-drive it's currently on.


Funny you say this actually, I tend to agree that having quick saves in games like this one encourage a sort of perfectionist play style, in that you'll reload the quick save until you clear an area or room in such a desired way that you are then satisfied to move on. This is heightened based on your method and creativity you want to employ. This way of playing a game spoils the unexpected and dynamic free play. Which is to think in the moment and go with the flow of the game, which can actually be more thrilling to play because when you allow things to just happen you get surprised. When you get shot or spotted, make too much noise etc and then restart it starts to become this obsessive habit and can spoil the experience. Understandably if you want to get say silent assassin in hitman or say the achievement rewards on harder difficulties required of the player. But on a first play through I try to not quick save if I can help it too often and just let things happen and try to handle the situation naturally as the game would expect. I used to play max payne 2 and quick save before entering nearly any room and just do it over and over in different ways, with different weapons choices and just see what was the most entertaining or cool looking :fp:. Fine a few times sure, but 10-20 times a bit mental. It's easy to play like that in games like dishonored as well the deus ex games, thief series and so on because it sets you up for these specific encounters where enemies usually have a set path or location. I guess making enemies more unpredictable and changing spawns would counter this better.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Wed May 31, 2017 10:20 am

Gonna start playing this next week when I'm off. Looking forward to it, loved the first.
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Wed May 31, 2017 11:15 am

smurphy wrote:The performance was absolutely fine for me, and I'm on a pretty modest rig. Stuck on the prettiest form of dynamic resolution (which gave a barely noticeable drop in visual quality) and held a solid 60 fps. It looks brilliant, too. I started playing Dark Souls 3 on PS4 again afterwards and it looked like vomit on the screen by comparison. Quickload was also blazingly fast, especially compared to Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Almost too fast, I abused the gooseberry fool out of it to the point I almost ruined the experience.

Really brilliant game. Most of the levels perhaps aren't as memorable as the first, but the highlights are really bloody high. Sad to see this on the low sales price nose-drive it's currently on.


Bruh. Really? Dynamic resolution? That is some strawberry floating console level gooseberry fool if i ever heard it. Id rather have framedrops than use that. Thats strawberry floating disgusting.
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by smurphy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:45 pm

zXe wrote:Funny you say this actually, I tend to agree that having quick saves in games like this one encourage a sort of perfectionist play style, in that you'll reload the quick save until you clear an area or room in such a desired way that you are then satisfied to move on. This is heightened based on your method and creativity you want to employ. This way of playing a game spoils the unexpected and dynamic free play. Which is to think in the moment and go with the flow of the game, which can actually be more thrilling to play because when you allow things to just happen you get surprised. When you get shot or spotted, make too much noise etc and then restart it starts to become this obsessive habit and can spoil the experience. Understandably if you want to get say silent assassin in hitman or say the achievement rewards on harder difficulties required of the player. But on a first play through I try to not quick save if I can help it too often and just let things happen and try to handle the situation naturally as the game would expect. I used to play max payne 2 and quick save before entering nearly any room and just do it over and over in different ways, with different weapons choices and just see what was the most entertaining or cool looking :fp:. Fine a few times sure, but 10-20 times a bit mental. It's easy to play like that in games like dishonored as well the deus ex games, thief series and so on because it sets you up for these specific encounters where enemies usually have a set path or location. I guess making enemies more unpredictable and changing spawns would counter this better.


Haha yes, this is exactly me. Mankind Divided and particularly Dishonored 2 are the first games that I think doing it has been to their detriment, though. I don't know if it's the way they're designed, or if maybe I've changed the way I like to play, but I think I'm going to stop. I started replaying D2 on the hardest difficulty without using saves at all, and it was amazingly tense. Me and Kil once had a no saves run through of Hitman Blood Money too, seeing who could do the best. Was a bloody good time (and I won).

Brerlappin wrote:Bruh. Really? Dynamic resolution? That is some strawberry floating console level gooseberry fool if i ever heard it. Id rather have framedrops than use that. Thats strawberry floating disgusting.


Go and wank on a mannequins face.

(Sidenote: it wasn't so much to get 60fps as it was to lose the frame timing issues the game has. It was making me nauseous.)
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Brerlappin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:00 am

I could wank on a thousand mannequins and still go to bed with a clearer conscience than a man who uses dynamic resolutions even once
User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by zXe » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:20 am

Brerlappin wrote:I could wank on a thousand mannequins and still go to bed with a clearer conscience than a man who uses dynamic resolutions even once

I use it in quake champions as it's the only way I can achieve a constant framerate over 144fps (it's in beta atm, so performance will improve for final release). That being said, that really is the only game I've had to use it. Plus graphics are the last thing that matter in quake, responsiveness and high framerate being upper most importance. If I was playing any other kind of game that was't a competitive shooter and which didn't demand a lot from my machine in terms of power, then I can't imagine I'd ever use it. Lowering resolution just muddies up the graphics too much, but it depends how far you go with it. Can see the benefits of it though if you machine isn't the best.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by KjGarly » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:12 pm

To those PC players who held off buying it due to complaints it got over performance, there's a Yarrrr'd version out there just so you can see how it runs on your system :shifty:

Little try gave me 60fps constant at 1080p on Ultra :shifty: Only installed on mine just to see how it runs so I can get it once its dirt cheap as I still haven't played the first game.
Image Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Dishonored 2 - gameplay trailer p2
by Squinty » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:48 pm

The XB1 version of this game performs like a dog.

I'm not enjoying it as much as the first one, but it's still very very good. I'm on mission 5.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Bing [Bot], Buffalo, evanswolves, gamerforever, HSH28, jawafour, Miguel007, Qikz, Red 5 stella, Rich, Tafdolphin, Yahoo [Bot] and 33 guests