Does anyone here do YouTube?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
skarmachild
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by skarmachild » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Me and my sister are doing a playthrough of Super Mario Star Road (Mario 64 hack) multiplayer, and we are using a slightly better mic so the audio quality is better, would love it if people could say what they think of the quality. :D


User avatar
toxic
Member ♥
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by toxic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Hey yo, could anyone point me in the direction of a good beginners guide to Sony Vegas, rather than a gooseberry fool one that simply has very effective tags and SEO?

User avatar
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008
Location: Cranfield

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Andrew Mills » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:25 pm

[iup=3567938]toxic[/iup] wrote:Hey yo, could anyone point me in the direction of a good beginners guide to Sony Vegas, rather than a gooseberry fool one that simply has very effective tags and SEO?

Surely there should be loads of tutorials on YT? I got a lot of help off of there for Premiere Pro CS6/CC.

User avatar
toxic
Member ♥
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by toxic » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Yeah, there are loads on YouTube but the ones I always seem to find are pretty poor. I was just hoping someone had a go-to series or channel they rated above the others. And I was trying to get a bit of convo going.

So, how are you marketing your channels, fellow YouTube people? I'm quite lax to be honest, and only do the occasional post or tweet about it, but when I hit the sweet spot I usually get a few more hits than usual.

User avatar
bigcheez2k3
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by bigcheez2k3 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 pm

I tweet my videos (When I actually do any because I'm being gooseberry fool :roll: ), post them up on here and they get shared on my Google+. The latter of which I have added a ton of people purely so my video gets seen, all from my friend's list who does the same thing. Struggling to get views though however I've hardly uploaded for a while, need to try and get back into it.

I've also been doing a few videos with my friend who has more subscribers than me.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:


I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
User avatar
toxic
Member ♥
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by toxic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:15 pm

I've not made a video since my kid was born a month ago. I really need to do something about that.

User avatar
toxic
Member ♥
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by toxic » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 pm

So I did a video about Super Time Force - my first time editing with Sony Vegas.

I tried adding a tonne of transition effects at first, but quickly realised that would crash Vegas and cause me to lose progress, so I stopped and shortly after that discovered that you can overlap bits after you've cut them to do natural, built in transitions. That was good.



User avatar
skarmachild
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by skarmachild » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:13 pm

[iup=3597972]toxic[/iup] wrote:So I did a video about Super Time Force - my first time editing with Sony Vegas.

I tried adding a tonne of transition effects at first, but quickly realised that would crash Vegas and cause me to lose progress, so I stopped and shortly after that discovered that you can overlap bits after you've cut them to do natural, built in transitions. That was good.




Vegas is an awesome tool, once i figured out how to move frames and stuff and time zoom ins/outs etc, it all sorta clicked :D

User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by 1>3>4>2 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:53 am


Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
toxic
Member ♥
Joined in 2009
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by toxic » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:26 pm

skarmachild wrote:Vegas is an awesome tool, once i figured out how to move frames and stuff and time zoom ins/outs etc, it all sorta clicked :D


What happened to your videos dude? :(

User avatar
skarmachild
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by skarmachild » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:48 pm

toxic wrote:
skarmachild wrote:Vegas is an awesome tool, once i figured out how to move frames and stuff and time zoom ins/outs etc, it all sorta clicked :D


What happened to your videos dude? :(


deactivated my channel for the moment, not in the best place to record and stuff yeah..

kinda regret it since now all 100 videos or so are gone. eh, will probably start it up again at some point.

User avatar
dix
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by dix » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Shameless plug I guess since I only signed up last night, but I make competitive Pokémon Showdown videos semi regularly.

My channel.

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Dblock » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:31 pm

2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008
Location: Cranfield

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Andrew Mills » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Dblock wrote:2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

#reversemarketing

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Venom » Sun May 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Andrew Mills wrote:
Dblock wrote:2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

#reversemarketing


I don't think that actually works.

Anyway Dblock, post the links I wanna take a look.

User avatar
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008
Location: Cranfield

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Andrew Mills » Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Venom wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Dblock wrote:2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

#reversemarketing


I don't think that actually works.

Anyway Dblock, post the links I wanna take a look.

:fp:

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Venom » Sun May 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Andrew Mills wrote:
Venom wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Dblock wrote:2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

#reversemarketing


I don't think that actually works.

Anyway Dblock, post the links I wanna take a look.

:fp:


Come on man! Do you have to see a smilie to recognise a joke?

User avatar
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008
Location: Cranfield

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by Andrew Mills » Sun May 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Venom wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Venom wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Dblock wrote:2 channels

1000subs&400subs

Plenty of views but cant be bothered to post stuff

#reversemarketing


I don't think that actually works.

Anyway Dblock, post the links I wanna take a look.

:fp:


Come on man! Do you have to see a smilie to recognise a joke?

Yes.

;)

User avatar
rudderless
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by rudderless » Sun May 03, 2015 7:57 pm

I'd love to give it a go, but I have a face for radio and a voice for silent movies, so I should probably stick to the writing.

[iup=3595962]KB[/iup] wrote:People like Glen Whelan have a proper face!
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Does anyone here do YouTube?
by 1>3>4>2 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:00 pm

I love writing and editing videos and all that jazz but my god my work ethic is abysmal. I have bursts of creativity and content that I'm happy with then I just stop for some reason. Got a few half made videos and scripts that I didn't get around to finishing. Sucks man.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tafdolphin and 42 guests