Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)

Anything to do with games at all.

When do you think PS5/'Xbox Two' will launch?

2019
7
8%
2020
40
47%
2021
27
31%
2022
9
10%
2023
0
No votes
2024
3
3%
 
Total votes: 86
User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Seven Posers Posing » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Moggy wrote:Next year?

I can’t see it. 2020 maybe but I can’t see Sony or MS launching next year.


December 2019 is only a month away from 2020 :slol:

Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by sawyerpip » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Considering I'm probably going to buy a Pro soon I hope it's not next year.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Poser wrote:
Moggy wrote:Next year?

I can’t see it. 2020 maybe but I can’t see Sony or MS launching next year.


December 2019 is only a month away from 2020 :slol:


Yes, but I didn’t mean they might release on 1 January. :lol:

Autumn 2020 would be my guess.

User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Seven Posers Posing » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:37 pm

Moggy wrote:
Yes, but I didn’t mean they might release on 1 January. :lol:



I know you didn't, sweetie. I was just being a dick.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Poser wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Yes, but I didn’t mean they might release on 1 January. :lol:



I know you didn't, sweetie. I was just being a dick.


Honey, I know you were just being a dick, I was just clarifying my prediction.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm

I can't see it happening next year unless they start talking about it pretty darn soon.
If it is next year that would mean latest end of November so that only gives them 15 months to market it even if they revealed today which looks highly unlikely. If Sony hasn't said anything about PS5 by Christmas it's pretty obvious 2019 is just not going to happen and given that there's still plenty of top quality PS4 exclusives on the way for 2019 I just can't see them wanting to muddy the waters by talking about PS5 while trying to put the spotlight on Last of US 2 or Days Gone.

2020 is looking like a solid bet at the earliest and is where my money would go in a release date betting pool.

I am curious to see if we'll see if PS4/Xbox one games will get free performance upgrades on next gen as they do with PS4 Pro and One X.
I hope so.

Last edited by Peter Crisp on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:47 pm

By this time in 2012 hadn't the specs already been leaked by credible sources and developers had announced they were working on games?

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:50 pm

NickSCFC wrote:By this time in 2012 hadn't the specs already been leaked by credible sources and developers had announced they were working on games?


That's what makes me think 2019 is highly unlikely as surely by now pretty much final Devkits would be about and someone would have leaked details about it.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:By this time in 2012 hadn't the specs already been leaked by credible sources and developers had announced they were working on games?


That's what makes me think 2019 is highly unlikely as surely by now pretty much final Devkits would be about and someone would have leaked details about it.


There's 2 types of analysts and predictors...

The clueless ones who are just estimating 2019 based on the 6 year cycle (which doesn't exist)

The ones with brains estimating 2020 based on things such as 7nm GPU costs/yields and likely release dates of announced games (Last of Us 2, Halo Infinite and Death Stranding are all increasingly looking like 2020 games).

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:10 am

AMD have confirmed they're working with both Sony and Microsoft to develop their next consoles

https://gamingbolt.com/amd-working-with ... quirements

Backwards compatibility should be a breeze :)

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:20 am

I think Christmas 2020 is pretty much a certainty at this point for both machines which should mean they can include some pretty decent upgrades over the One X.

One feature I would like although I have no idea if this will be possible is a patch's to make all current games run at 4K 60fps. Hopefully that will be a basic standard for next gen but until we see some hardware testing by Digital Foundry it's all speculation at this point.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Garth of Christmas Future
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Garth of Christmas Future » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:21 am

NickSCFC wrote:AMD have confirmed they're working with both Sony and Microsoft to develop their next consoles

https://gamingbolt.com/amd-working-with ... quirements

Backwards compatibility should be a breeze :)

Excellent!

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 am

Garth wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:AMD have confirmed they're working with both Sony and Microsoft to develop their next consoles

https://gamingbolt.com/amd-working-with ... quirements

Backwards compatibility should be a breeze :)

Excellent!


It should basically be the same as the transition from PS4>PS5 and XBO>XBOX as it's X86>X86.

For PS3>PS4 it was Cell>X86...

...and for 360>XBO it was PowerPC>X86

It's easier to emulate Xbox 360 games than PS3, there's 4K PS3 emulation out there, but most games run like crap regardless of resolution.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:34 am

I know this may seem like a small thing but I really hope Sony can use some larger stickers for power/eject and not use stupid touch sensitive buttons.

The stickers on the PS4 and Pro are ludicrously small, is it really going to crush them financially to make stickers we can actually bloody see from more than 3 inches away?
Also can they change the dvd control scheme as so many times I've just picked up a pad to move it and the trigger buttons activate fast forward it's really bloody infuriating :x .
Sony also needs to let their consoles connect to wireless headphones as not everyone wants to buy the Gold/Platinum set.

Lastly can Microsoft please create a user interface that isn't a slow and unwieldy shower of gooseberry fool (even on the One X it's slow going) it's not that hard as Nintendo seems to manage it with much less powerful hardware.

There's so many small things that next gen needs to fix :shifty: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Snowy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Snowy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:35 am

I really hope that Microsoft pretend they're back in the 90s and give it a mental name.

Xbox Panther
Xbox Infinity
Xbox Zodiac

User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Hans Bubby » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Xbox Exclusives Two

Image Image
User avatar
Venom’s Christmas Carol
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Venom’s Christmas Carol » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:25 am

This is not strictly PlayStation or Xbox related but it relates to the future of home gaming. Assassin's Creed Odyssey Cloud edition is a version of the hardware pushing game that is possible to play on the Nintendo Switch via streaming. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has been evangelising that streaming is the future for at least 3 years. As head of one of the major publishers I knew his opinion was related to facts but I did wonder what he was seeing. Now with news of the Xbox streaming console this gives us another clear demonstration of how this business model will work! (Resident Evil 7 cloud edition was released on Switch in May.)


User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Rudolphin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Venom wrote:This is not strictly PlayStation or Xbox related but it relates to the future of home gaming. Assassin's Creed Odyssey Cloud edition is a version of the hardware pushing game that is possible to play on the Nintendo Switch via streaming. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has been evangelising that streaming is the future for at least 3 years. As head of one of the major publishers I knew his opinion was related to facts but I did wonder what he was seeing. Now with news of the Xbox streaming console this gives us another clear demonstration of how this business model will work! (Resident Evil 7 cloud edition was released on Switch in May.)



Also of note is the cost here:

A full game pass costs 8,400 yen (about $75 USD), while a daily pass costs 730 yen (around $6.50 USD).


So a little more expensive, but you could rent it for a few days at a lower cost if that's your bag.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Also of note is the cost here:

A full game pass costs 8,400 yen (about $75 USD), while a daily pass costs 730 yen (around $6.50 USD).


So a little more expensive, but you could rent it for a few days at a lower cost if that's your bag.


Capcom also have a streamed version of Resident Evil 7 available for Switch in Japan.

Streaming content like this and PS Now will become more and more prominent.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:22 pm



Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darksideby182, Frank, Garth of Christmas Future, Hans Bubby, Jordan UK, kerr9000, OldSoulCyborg, Yubel and 56 guests