Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)

Anything to do with games at all.

When do you think PS5/'Xbox Two' will launch?

2019
7
8%
2020
40
47%
2021
27
31%
2022
9
10%
2023
0
No votes
2024
3
3%
 
Total votes: 86
User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Seven Posers Posing » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:16 am

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
I think Sony will embrace BC to an extent, I think PS4 games will run on PS5, but I doubt they will bother with PS1, PS2 or PS3 (other than a few select titles).


I've got such a backlog, and have bought so many games digitally, that it'd be a huge early selling point if they'd work on PS5.

Image
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:37 am

Seven Posers Posing wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
I think Sony will embrace BC to an extent, I think PS4 games will run on PS5, but I doubt they will bother with PS1, PS2 or PS3 (other than a few select titles).


I've got such a backlog, and have bought so many games digitally, that it'd be a huge early selling point if they'd work on PS5.


The main issue with PS4's BC was PS3's "exotic" Cell architecture, even with the best emulators most PS3 games run like gooseberry fool.

The only solution on PS4 was PS Now streaming, which literally uses a server farm full of PS3 consoles.

PS5 will use the same AMD x86 architecture as PS4, so PS4 games will just run natively, without the need for Xbox One style download or emulation.

Same goes for Xbox Two, these consoles are just PCs now so PS5/PS4 and Xbox Two/Xbox One BC will be effortless.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Wedgie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:06 pm

I hope so Nick!

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Seven Posers Posing » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:06 pm

More T3 clickbait. I'd like to congratulate gamerforever getting a job as a writer there.

https://www.t3.com/news/ps5-bombshell-w ... stmas-2019

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Peter Crisp » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:36 pm

I think it's going to become pretty obvious that 2020 is the year when nothing is said about next gen in the first 6 months of 2019.

I hope Sony concentrate on having good launches for games like Last of Us 2 and Days Gone rather than bother about next gen just yet.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by KK » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Seven Posers Posing wrote:More T3 clickbait. I'd like to congratulate gamerforever getting a job as a writer there.

https://www.t3.com/news/ps5-bombshell-w ... stmas-2019

Stuff has got much better in recent months, whereas T3 has gradually gone to the dogs, disappointingly. Their website is just a load of rubbish compared to the likes of their sister site Techradar, The Verge or CNet (which has also gone downhill). But then it’s like Eurogamer - they’re all chasing those hyperlinks and easy hits.

Image
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by NickSCFC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:31 am

KK wrote:
Seven Posers Posing wrote:More T3 clickbait. I'd like to congratulate gamerforever getting a job as a writer there.

https://www.t3.com/news/ps5-bombshell-w ... stmas-2019

Stuff has got much better in recent months, whereas T3 has gradually gone to the dogs, disappointingly. Their website is just a load of rubbish compared to the likes of their sister site Techradar, The Verge or CNet (which has also gone downhill). But then it’s like Eurogamer - they’re all chasing those hyperlinks and easy hits.


Sony's treatment of E3 2019 reminds me of Nintendo's treatment of E3 2016 where they showed up with nothing but BOTW.

I think it's more to do with Sony stepping away from E3 and simply relying on their blog instead, they might be back for E3 2020, but I think the days of them having huge conferences (like E3 2015) are sadly over.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Monkey Man » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 pm


Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by KK » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:36 pm

These codenames are far more exciting and interesting than what they end up going with.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rumour: PS5 and Xbox Two/Scarlett coming 2020 (Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 24GB RAM, 12 TFLOPS)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 am

Monkey Man wrote:


Image


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: *<]:^D, Albear, darksideby182, Frank, Joer, Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, SerialCeler, Starquake, TonyDA and 54 guests