Doom | PS4, PC & Xbone

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostDoom | PS4, PC & Xbone
by Floex » Mon May 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Image

Format | PS4, PC & Xbone
Release Date | Spring 2016
Publisher | Bethesda
Developer | Bethesda

Trailer |


Last edited by Floex on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by jawafour » Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 pm

It's incredible how well Doom 1 and 2 still stand up today; the gameplay remains so slick and fun. Even graphically I think it still looks stylish, albeit in a retro kind of way.

I'm a little apprehensive about the new Doom. I really hope it'll be ace but we've seen so little for such a long time. But, hey, it's Doom... you gotta give it respect.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Glowy69 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:56 pm

Another reboot?

I loved doom, but everything was always so shiny and indestructible :slol:
Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Brerlappin » Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Double barrel shotgun and a Revenant. That's all I needed to see. Hype levels set to maximum
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon May 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah, looking forward to seeing what direction they're going in with this.

That said I'd be happy if they just trotted out Romero and a few of the old designers and revealed that they've been working on a new set of levels for Doom/Doom II.
Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image Image

DONATE TO SICK KIDS SAVE POINT 2016 HERE!
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by 1>3>4>2 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

So goddamn in I've created a portal to hell.
Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
Zerudaaaaa!
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Zerudaaaaa! » Mon May 18, 2015 8:53 pm

The only Doom I've played is the GBA version. Look forward to seeing more of this.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Preezy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Such fond memories of Doom 1 & 2 :wub:

I just hope they manage to capture the Hell aspects better than they did in Doom 3. I want that sort of Event Horizon style depiction of hell, like a totally crazy nightmare of evil and....stuff :shifty:
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Brerlappin » Mon May 18, 2015 9:24 pm

Preezy wrote:Such fond memories of Doom 1 & 2 :wub:

I just hope they manage to capture the Hell aspects better than they did in Doom 3. I want that sort of Event Horizon style depiction of hell, like a totally crazy nightmare of evil and....stuff :shifty:


Dude...what?! Doom 3 pretty much WAS event horizon the game. Sci fi base that goes quite literally to hell. Doom 3 has some really strawberry floated up moments like the eviscerated crucified dude, and the hell levels were genuinely strawberry floating creepy
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Super Dragon 64 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 pm

Time for some Brutal Doom to really get in the mood for this. I tried the 360 version over the weekend - jimcarreypuking.gif
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Preezy » Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Preezy wrote:Such fond memories of Doom 1 & 2 :wub:

I just hope they manage to capture the Hell aspects better than they did in Doom 3. I want that sort of Event Horizon style depiction of hell, like a totally crazy nightmare of evil and....stuff :shifty:


Dude...what?! Doom 3 pretty much WAS event horizon the game. Sci fi base that goes quite literally to hell. Doom 3 has some really strawberry floated up moments like the eviscerated crucified dude, and the hell levels were genuinely strawberry floating creepy

All I remember is a super shiny science lab/station. If truth be told I never completed Doom 3, my PC could barely run it :oops:
Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Buffalo » Mon May 18, 2015 10:03 pm

I thought Doom 3 was pretty good, too. I think there's a definite place in the market for a new one. Roll on Bethesda's conference :toot:
Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Brerlappin » Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Preezy wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
Preezy wrote:Such fond memories of Doom 1 & 2 :wub:

I just hope they manage to capture the Hell aspects better than they did in Doom 3. I want that sort of Event Horizon style depiction of hell, like a totally crazy nightmare of evil and....stuff :shifty:


Dude...what?! Doom 3 pretty much WAS event horizon the game. Sci fi base that goes quite literally to hell. Doom 3 has some really strawberry floated up moments like the eviscerated crucified dude, and the hell levels were genuinely strawberry floating creepy

All I remember is a super shiny science lab/station. If truth be told I never completed Doom 3, my PC could barely run it :oops:


Holy gooseberry fool dude you literally missed the game going to hell. Probably the best part of the game
User avatar
elite knight danbo
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by elite knight danbo » Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 am

I wish they wouldn't call this "Doom". At best, it creates confusion and at worst it's a weird attempt at erasure of a very important piece of video game history/culture. Thousands of people play Doom every day.

Tweets about some gameplay footage last Quakecon made it seem like this was taking way too many cues from brutal doom. But what else do you expect from modern id, a studio really lacking any sort of original vision - Rage being little more than a mishmash of anything that was popular in other FPS games at the time running on a weird engine...
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Skippy » Tue May 19, 2015 9:56 am

elite knight danbo wrote:I wish they wouldn't call this "Doom". At best, it creates confusion and at worst it's a weird attempt at erasure of a very important piece of video game history/culture. Thousands of people play Doom every day.


Yeah, people will never be able to tell the difference between this

Image

and this

Image
User avatar
elite knight danbo
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by elite knight danbo » Tue May 19, 2015 10:08 am

You know what game I love to play? Wolfenstein
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by NickSCFC » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 am





Last edited by NickSCFC on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by Preezy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 am

Well that looks good.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by jawafour » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:28 am

That does look loud, bold and beefy.

Doom was always a gory game but I wonder if the graphic capabilities of today's machines may make it a touch over-the-top? The game design must have been difficult; how do you create something fresh whilst still containing all the cool aspects of the original, legendary games? I hope that the level structures incorporate the secrets and 'puzzling' style of the classic titles to go alongside the blasting.
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doom Teaser | Reveal at E3 2015
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:46 am

You know that trailer reminds me of?

Duke Nukem Forever.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Trelliz and 37 guests