E3 2018 predictions

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by gamerforever » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:35 am

A new accessory for the Nintendo Switch
Bloodborne 2 PS4 or a Bloodborne like game but multiplatform
Shenmue 3 trailer and announced for Xbox One
Gamecube Switch ports
3DS switch ports
Wii/ Wii U switch ports
PS4 Pro Slim redesign

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:36 pm

N64-Mini shown
Microsoft and Nintendo announce they've sorted out the rights snaffu for Goldeneye.
Goldenye on N64 mini along with other Rare games.
Goldeneye remaster on XB1 and Switch with crossplatform multiplayer.

I can dream I guess.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by jawafour » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:38 pm

I hope we get some (pleasant) surprises. Game marketing nowdays means that companies launch massive "awareness" campaigns many months / years in advance of a launch and so we are rarely surprised.

This time I feel pretty relaxed about E3; I'm not anticipating being amazed and so I hope that, if something cool does crop up, I will be excited about it.

By the time I sit down to watch the MS presentation on Sunday evening I will probably be totally riding the hype train :fp: ... :lol: :toot: .

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by NickSCFC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 pm

jawafour wrote:I hope we get some (pleasant) surprises. Game marketing nowdays means that companies launch massive "awareness" campaigns many months / years in advance of a launch and so we are rarely surprised.


I understand first parties doing this, they want people to buy their consoles as much for upcoming games as existing games.

The Uncharted 4 trailer sold me on the PS4 2 years before the game was even released.

As for third parties I really don't see the point, why did they feel the need to announce Cyberpunk 2077 5 years agothough to be honest it's done nothing to kill my hype?

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:N64-Mini shown
Microsoft and Nintendo announce they've sorted out the rights snaffu for Goldeneye.
Goldenye on N64 mini along with other Rare games.
Goldeneye remaster on XB1 and Switch with crossplatform multiplayer.

I can dream I guess.


That would be quite some dream!

A dream reveal for me would be something like a Paper Mario Thousand Year Door remaster

Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Moggy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:15 pm

jawafour wrote:I hope we get some (pleasant) surprises. Game marketing nowdays means that companies launch massive "awareness" campaigns many months / years in advance of a launch and so we are rarely surprised.


It’s a shame but I can see why they do it. It’s very hard now to keep a big release/development secret and they want to announce them under controlled conditions rather than as a Twitter leak. As much as I like surprises, it’s better now than it was in the old days when you wouldn’t hear anything from E3 for a month or two until a UK magazine covered it. And if you bought a single format mag, then you would never hear anything about what the other manufacturers had announced. :lol:

Hopefully they do have some surprises this year though!

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by NickSCFC » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Moggy wrote:
jawafour wrote:I hope we get some (pleasant) surprises. Game marketing nowdays means that companies launch massive "awareness" campaigns many months / years in advance of a launch and so we are rarely surprised.


It’s a shame but I can see why they do it. It’s very hard now to keep a big release/development secret and they want to announce them under controlled conditions rather than as a Twitter leak. As much as I like surprises, it’s better now than it was in the old days when you wouldn’t hear anything from E3 for a month or two until a UK magazine covered it. And if you bought a single format mag, then you would never hear anything about what the other manufacturers had announced. :lol:

Hopefully they do have some surprises this year though!


It was pretty amazing when you'd walk into a newsagents and see THIS...

Image

Mario 64? Nights into Dreams? Crash Bandicoot? Resident Evil? Virtua Fighter 3?

Didn't even know these were a thing until I picked it up and opened it, every page turn felt epic!

Last edited by NickSCFC on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by jawafour » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:24 pm

I'd like to see Nintendo launch some system software features for the Switch.

I really like the wee machine but, fifteen months in, it still doesn't feel very "Nintendo-y"; it has a lack of personality that I feel the Wii, 3DS and Wii U had. No channels, no friend comms, no folders, poor game timers, weak eShop presentation, no badges, no themes... no "fun". I'm starting to think this is how it's gonna be, and it doesn't feel quite right.

User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by gamerforever » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 pm

NickSCFC wrote:
Moggy wrote:
jawafour wrote:I hope we get some (pleasant) surprises. Game marketing nowdays means that companies launch massive "awareness" campaigns many months / years in advance of a launch and so we are rarely surprised.


It’s a shame but I can see why they do it. It’s very hard now to keep a big release/development secret and they want to announce them under controlled conditions rather than as a Twitter leak. As much as I like surprises, it’s better now than it was in the old days when you wouldn’t hear anything from E3 for a month or two until a UK magazine covered it. And if you bought a single format mag, then you would never hear anything about what the other manufacturers had announced. :lol:

Hopefully they do have some surprises this year though!


It was pretty amazing when you'd walk into a newsagents and see THIS...

Image

Mario 64? Nights into Dreams? Crash Bandicoot? Resident Evil? Virtua Fighter 3?

Didn't even know these were a thing until I picked it up and opened it, every page turn felt epic!


Those were the days!

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by jawafour » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Yeah, it's cool being able to watch the shows now but...

> A lot of folk seem to delight in saying how crap everything is
> The presentations often lack surprise due to the high number of announcements in advance
> It was cool grabbing a copy of a magazine and feverishly reading through all of the details about the shows!

On the positive side, I guess it's now better than ever; we can watch the shows, exercise choice about reading / not reading the comments and still pick up (albeit few) gaming mags :toot: .

User avatar
Yubel
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Nowhere
Contact:

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Yubel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:16 pm

The amount of leaks have most likely dampened people's excitement somewhat. I'm just not a fan of leak culture in general. However, I can't deny how much I'm anticipating the current line-up regardless of how unceremoniously they've been unveiled.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Yubel wrote:The amount of leaks have most likely dampened people's excitement somewhat. I'm just not a fan of leak culture in general. However, I can't deny how much I'm anticipating the current line-up regardless of how unceremoniously they've been unveiled.


None of these "leaks" excite me though, they just seem to be annual/biannual titles that we expected anyway.

I'm more excited about finally seeing gameplay for games already announced.

Image
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I remember playing through one of the female character's campaigns in Tekken 2 just so I could desperately try and fit in a wank for the ending video
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Tomous » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm

Final predictions for the Nintendo Direct tomorrow:

Smash – full Smash 4 roster returns with Ice Climbers, Snake and Wolf back as well as 5 new characters revealed: inklings/Springman/Rex + Pyra/Sora/Simon Belmont, September release confirmed

Yoshi – name and confirmed for October

Mario Party 11 - by nd Cube confirmed for August

Fire Emblem – full reveal and confirmed for December

2D Mario – port of NSMBU with Luigi DLC and additional levels from other NSMB games, confirmed for December

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD –HD remake by Tantalus , confirmed for October

Fortnite - revealed and available immediately after Direct

Bayonetta 3– trailer but no gameplay, confirmed for 2019 window

Metroid Prime 4 – trailer but no gameplay, confirmed for 2019 window

No Pokemon in Direct

No Retro in Direct

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Pedz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm

If Belmont is in, I want Alucard too. Maybe Richter instead of Simon. or Trevor cause I like him in the Anime.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by jawafour » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Tomous wrote:...Metroid Prime Trilogy HD –HD remake by Tantalus , confirmed for October...

Man, I'd love this to happen, Tom! I only played a little of Metroid Prime 3 and this could be a great reason to tackle the story from the start :-).

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:22 pm

jawafour wrote:Yeah, it's cool being able to watch the shows now but...

> A lot of folk seem to delight in saying how crap everything is.


I love the crapiness of the E3 presentations. It's what makes E3, E3. Where would we be without a terrible EA convention to cringe at, or a load of teaser trailers that-don't-show-anything to moan about? It's like watching Eurovision; everything's awful but so much better for it!

It also makes the genuinely good stuff stand out. I was buzzing for ages after the MS conference last night.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Tomous » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 pm

jawafour wrote:
Tomous wrote:...Metroid Prime Trilogy HD –HD remake by Tantalus , confirmed for October...

Man, I'd love this to happen, Tom! I only played a little of Metroid Prime 3 and this could be a great reason to tackle the story from the start :-).


I think it depends how far off Metroid Prime 4 is. If it’s a holiday 2019 title then a HD remake of MP Trilogy this year makes a lot of sense.

I actually wouldn’t be that surprised if MP4 is a lot nearer than people realise. Reggie hinted it was in development in Jan 2017, which is 18 months ago. I would have thought it would have had some significant development time at that point for him to hint at it, and then Nintendo to confirm it was in development 6 months later. It could easily be at the 2.5-3 year development point.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by jawafour » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:I love the crapiness of the E3 presentations...

Yeah, Taf, I also like the crap bits... I just get a wee bit frustrated when we see twenty seconds of a game and (some) folk post paragraphs of stuff about how "bad" it was :lol: .

If I'm in the thread everything has to be sweetness and positivity etc ;-). "No dissing allowed"!

Anyway... my scores-on-the-doors for the conferences that I've seen so far are: EA 4/10, Microsoft 8/10 and Bethesda 6/10.

Tomous wrote:I think it depends how far off Metroid Prime 4 is. If it’s a holiday 2019 title then a HD remake of MP Trilogy this year makes a lot of sense...

I like your thinking, Tom, although I believe the Nintendo conference is focussing purely on games arriving this year so I will be surprised to see MP4. Even so, I love your idea of the MP Trilogy arriving this year!

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Tafdolphin » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 pm

jawafour wrote:Anyway... my scores-on-the-doors for the conferences that I've seen so far are: EA 4/10, Microsoft 8/10 and Bethesda 6/10.


Pretty similar to mine actually, but I'd put Beth at a 4 too.

jawafour wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:I love the crapiness of the E3 presentations...

Yeah, Taf, I also like the crap bits... I just get a wee bit frustrated when we see twenty seconds of a game and (some) folk post paragraphs of stuff about how "bad" it was :lol: .

If I'm in the thread everything has to be sweetness and positivity etc ;-). "No dissing allowed"!


It depends I suppose. There have been some genuinely badly done trailers (the Anthem gameplay trailer was a mess) and some that I've commentated negatively on because they simply aren't for me (Fallout 76). I don't negativity is....well, negative in every case.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: E3 2018 predictions
by Pedz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Maybe trailers for games are hard to do? You can't go showing only story stuff as most wouldn't be interested, you don't want to show late game gameplay as it may give away to much about your characters progress (if an RPG or similar) I wonder how to best show off a game that can last 20 hours in a 30 second trailer?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, BobbyDigital, Finish.Last, Minto, Moz, OldSoulCyborg, PaperMacheMario, Qikz, RainbowGazelle, Robbo-92, Starquake and 58 guests