What you drinking? The beer and booze thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Preezy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 pm

<]:^D wrote:drink them and find out?

Oh I intend to, just wanted to get an idea of whether or not they’d be wasted on me.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:08 pm

<]:^D wrote:im not a fan of most whisky (too peaty/smoky) but bourbon is :datass:

Bourbon makes me hurl.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 pm

Errkal wrote:
Preezy wrote:A friend brought me back a travel-size selection box of Talisker whiskys when he was on a trip to the Isle of Skye. The box contains:

Talisker 10
Talisker Syke
Talisker Storm

So, are these any good? I’m only just venturing into whisky world and haven’t decided if I even like it or not (found Johnnie Walker black label undrinkable, for example).


I can't work out if I like it or not either, I have a bottle of Highland Park at home and have had it a few times and there is something in the flavour I like but it also seems to overwhelm me with alcohol taste that I don't know.
I suspect it is just a development thing that I need to keep at it to learn to sip it right and get used to the high ABV

Talisker isn't as peaty as Black Label, I'm not sure about the Skye or Storm versions though. Don't be afraid to water it down, just add enough so that it takes the fire out and you can see if you like the taste. For me Glen Morangie is just about perfect but I do seem to gravitate towards Bourbon's, they might lack the range and depth of Scotch but try are such an easy drink.

Errkal has piqued my interest with his passion for craft beer so I'm going to pick some up to try tonight. I will probably have to make do wth whatever M&S have though.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Preezy wrote:A friend brought me back a travel-size selection box of Talisker whiskys when he was on a trip to the Isle of Skye. The box contains:

Talisker 10
Talisker Syke
Talisker Storm

So, are these any good? I’m only just venturing into whisky world and haven’t decided if I even like it or not (found Johnnie Walker black label undrinkable, for example).


I can't work out if I like it or not either, I have a bottle of Highland Park at home and have had it a few times and there is something in the flavour I like but it also seems to overwhelm me with alcohol taste that I don't know.
I suspect it is just a development thing that I need to keep at it to learn to sip it right and get used to the high ABV

Talisker isn't as peaty as Black Label, I'm not sure about the Skye or Storm versions though. Don't be afraid to water it down, just add enough so that it takes the fire out and you can see if you like the taste. For me Glen Morangie is just about perfect but I do seem to gravitate towards Bourbon's, they might lack the range and depth of Scotch but try are such an easy drink.

Errkal has piqued my interest with his passion for craft beer so I'm going to pick some up to try tonight. I will probably have to make do wth whatever M&S have though.


Be careful with M&S some of their stuff comes from proper crap breweries. They have a few that are from Oakham they are very good and they quite often have a few Siren beers in which is very good too.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Rax » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:15 pm

<]:^D wrote:im not a fan of most whisky (too peaty/smoky) but bourbon is :datass:

Try some Irish whiskey, its smoke/peat free and I find it much more paletable because of it.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by <]:^D » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:24 pm

nice one, thanks

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by shadow202 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Rax wrote:
&lt;]:^D wrote:im not a fan of most whisky (too peaty/smoky) but bourbon is :datass:

Try some Irish whiskey, its smoke/peat free and I find it much more paletable because of it.
Also Irish Whiskey is the best :datass:

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Went to Waitrose in the end and picked up this concoction.

Image
I have no idea why it's upside down :lol:

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Hime wrote:Went to Waitrose in the end and picked up this concoction.

Image
I have no idea why it's upside down :lol:

Nice stash! Had the pogo last week it's damn good. Millionaire is awesome too, and you can't argue with Beavertown.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Errkal wrote:
Hime wrote:Went to Waitrose in the end and picked up this concoction.

Image
I have no idea why it's upside down :lol:

Nice stash! Had the pogo last week it's damn good. Millionaire is awesome too, and you can't argue with Beavertown.

What do you think of the lagers? I know Brooklyn is relatively mainstream but I had a look to see the consensus if craft beer reviewers and they seemed to like it.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Hime wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Hime wrote:Went to Waitrose in the end and picked up this concoction.

Image
I have no idea why it's upside down :lol:

Nice stash! Had the pogo last week it's damn good. Millionaire is awesome too, and you can't argue with Beavertown.

What do you think of the lagers? I know Brooklyn is relatively mainstream but I had a look to see the consensus if craft beer reviewers and they seemed to like it.

Both pretty good, not brewers I buy much they aren't what they used to be, Brooklyn is owned by AB Inbev and Meantime are the same I think, they are still very nice but not as good as they used to be.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hime » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:51 pm

I feel obliged to point this out because I'm not a week day drinker but I'm working nights this weekend and I'm off tomorrow :shifty:

I've tried 5 beers this evening:

Brooklyn Lager: Good. Reminds me of a weaker Czech beer. That's a good thing.

Neck Oil: Good. Fairly hoppy and what I would call a generic craft beer but I'd definitely drink it again.

Millionaire: Awesome. I've been put off stout despite Guinness being one of my favourite drinks. Only bought it as a novelty but I'll definitely buy that again. One for the knife and fork.

Pogo: First citrusy IPA I've tried and loved it. Probably the easiest drinking IPA I've tried.

Gamma Ray: Thought this would be the one to put me off but it's great. I'd pick this over the Neck Oil.

So far it's been a successful venture :D

Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by <]:^D » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 pm

nice! your next step is to join the next Beer Club. its like secret santa but for beer and cider :wub:

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by <]:^D » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 am

ive got 7 free http://www.beer52.com boxes to give away. you have to sign up and then cancel your subscription before it renews.
if you want one (i think you get 8 beers delivered) then PM me your name and email address and ill send you an invite.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:14 am

<]:^D wrote:nice! your next step is to join the next Beer Club. its like secret santa but for beer and cider :wub:


I was thinking October for the next one.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Tragic Magic » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 pm

Just cracked open a good, old Henry Westons Vintage Cider. Ahh, so refreshing.

Don't expect any funny business though. I only have three and I'm being responsible.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Tragic Magic wrote:Just cracked open a good, old Henry Westons Vintage Cider. Ahh, so refreshing.

Don't expect any funny business though. I only have three and I'm being responsible.


:lol: we all know you will be confusing you love for cock in a dress within the hour.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hime » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:06 pm

Tragic booking an operation to remove his lower ribs in t-minus 2 hours...

Got a little Stone Brewery IPA to try out this evening. 3 for a fiver in Tesco if anyone is interested.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by KK » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Has anyone tried out one of those home draught machines, such as the Philips Perfect Draft? Any good? T3 featured it once but never appeared to review it, irritatingly.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:43 pm

Hime wrote:Tragic booking an operation to remove his lower ribs in t-minus 2 hours...

Got a little Stone Brewery IPA to try out this evening. 3 for a fiver in Tesco if anyone is interested.


Which stone beers??

I love the green ipa cans but find the yellow go to ipa cans a bit too lackluster for me


Return to “Stuff”