What you drinking? The beer and booze thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Curls » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 am

Henry Westerns would be my go to pre-drink in uni. 3 of them 8.2% bad boys and I was well and truly on my way.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Tragic Magic » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 am

They strawberry float me up big time. Me love dem

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 am

Nit massivly, is good stuff though. Defend quality and always in a 3 for 5 or whatever, usually ill get a mix of it and the Thatchers Vintage stuff.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Pedz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Tried that Cwtch Tiny Rebel, it was OK, then had a bottle of FELINFOEL Double Dragon and it's nice.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Pedz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Trying Waggle Dance, it's OK, as is Dead Pony Club.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Pedz wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Pedz wrote:Tried Shipyard American IPA. It's ok, but again, odd aftertaste.

Gonna try Old Peculiar the legendary Ale in a minute.


Old peculiar is quite a leap, strong and dark.


And very nice. Great flavour no funny aftertaste. Will buy again.


Been tempted to get one to see what I think of it nos so got one to have along with a couple of guiness west indies porters.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by jawafour » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:31 pm

I had a couple of bottles of Adnams Ease Up IPA this afternoon. Enjoyed 'em!

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 pm

jawafour wrote:I had a couple of bottles of Adnams Ease Up IPA this afternoon. Enjoyed 'em!

Not had them, Adnams have been doing a lot recently to move a little dpfrom traditional ales and embrace the new. Will need to give it a try.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Hexx » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Bought Ginger Mead from a festival

Good lord it’s smooth

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Preezy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

I had a Guinness Milk Stout yesterday. It wasn't quite as creamy as I was expecting/hoping, and it didn't have any head on it at all (although I might have poured it wrong) but it was pretty nice.

@Errkal - I liked the West Indies Porter.

User avatar
Tragic Magic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicester
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Tragic Magic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Any got any recommendations for a good whisky that can be sipped neat/on the rocks, that won't break the bank?

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Johnny Ryall » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Jura has been going cheap in supermarkets

Good whisky is bloody expensive though, I'm aggreived to spend £50 on a bottle of something I'm gonna piss out 2 hours later.

User avatar
shadow202
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by shadow202 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 am

Tragic Magic wrote:Any got any recommendations for a good whisky that can be sipped neat/on the rocks, that won't break the bank?
Blackbush, it really is the best whisky

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Lotus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Been drinking lots of Beavertown stuff recently; 8 Ball, Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid in particular. Also Goose IPA, which is one of my favourites. Anyway, a question for you all; does anybody know of somewhere I can order German beers? I haven't done any ordering of beers online so don't know what kinda sites are out there. If it's UK-based that would be preferable to keep delivery costs down.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Errkal » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Lotus wrote:Been drinking lots of Beavertown stuff recently; 8 Ball, Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid in particular. Also Goose IPA, which is one of my favourites. Anyway, a question for you all; does anybody know of somewhere I can order German beers? I haven't done any ordering of beers online so don't know what kinda sites are out there. If it's UK-based that would be preferable to keep delivery costs down.


http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/german-beer

German beer that's worth a look as its different is this one http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/schlenkerla-rauchweizen is a smoked beer so has a really nice smokiness too it, very different and rather good.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Pedz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:53 pm

I tried Furrsty Ferret which I like and am now drinking Proper Job. It's OK.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Lotus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 pm

Errkal wrote:
Lotus wrote:Been drinking lots of Beavertown stuff recently; 8 Ball, Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid in particular. Also Goose IPA, which is one of my favourites. Anyway, a question for you all; does anybody know of somewhere I can order German beers? I haven't done any ordering of beers online so don't know what kinda sites are out there. If it's UK-based that would be preferable to keep delivery costs down.


http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/german-beer

German beer that's worth a look as its different is this one http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/schlenkerla-rauchweizen is a smoked beer so has a really nice smokiness too it, very different and rather good.

Great, thanks Errkal.

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: cove grove

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by darksideby182 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Got to try some German pilsner as i was working in Frankfurt last week for a few days Radeburger, bitburger and few others that i can't remember all were pretty good though.

Image
Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by still » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Pedz wrote:I tried Furrsty Ferret which I like and am now drinking Proper Job. It's OK.


Proper Job is absolutely excellent. Unfortunately, being bottle conditioned, it gives me a stinkiest hangover. :(

User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: What you drinking? The beer and booze thread
by Johnny Ryall » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 pm

After reading online that Lidls own brand single malt whisky is actually great for the price I picked up their Ben Bracken Islay for £18. For the price - key phrase - it's very tasty. Rumor is it's another whisky relabeled. Whatever, it's good.

That doesn't go for all Lidls booze btw,I remember pouring their bourbon equivalent down the sink a few years back.


Return to “Stuff”