The Evil Within - out now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Death's Head » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:43 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
Hexx wrote:Its not great isn’t it?


No, it is great.

Yes, you are wrong Hexx. It is very great.

Yes?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Hexx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 am

Two wronguns

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Brerlappin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Hexx wrote:Two wronguns


In all seriousness, play NG+. Seriously. Just do it. I was lukewarm on TEW when i finished my first run. But then i did a NG+ (survival difficulty), and suddenly, when your pistol isnt a worthless piece of gooseberry fool, Sebastian doesnt get gassed from running 5 feet, and you can withstand attacks stronger than a gust of wind, the game transforms in literally the best action/survival horror title since Resi 4.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Hexx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
Hexx wrote:Two wronguns


In all seriousness, play NG+. Seriously. Just do it. I was lukewarm on TEW when i finished my first run. But then i did a NG+ (survival difficulty), and suddenly, when your pistol isnt a worthless piece of gooseberry fool, Sebastian doesnt get gassed from running 5 feet, and you can withstand attacks stronger than a gust of wind, the game transforms in literally the best action/survival horror title since Resi 4.


No :slol:

Edit - Wait. You did Survival (normal?) on NG+? I did that (it's described as standard difficulty) on my first (and only. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'M NOT PLAYING TEW AGAIN) play through.

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Brerlappin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Hexx wrote:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
Hexx wrote:Two wronguns


In all seriousness, play NG+. Seriously. Just do it. I was lukewarm on TEW when i finished my first run. But then i did a NG+ (survival difficulty), and suddenly, when your pistol isnt a worthless piece of gooseberry fool, Sebastian doesnt get gassed from running 5 feet, and you can withstand attacks stronger than a gust of wind, the game transforms in literally the best action/survival horror title since Resi 4.


No :slol:

Edit - Wait. You did Survival (normal?) on NG+? I did that (it's described as standard difficulty) on my first (and only. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I'M NOT PLAYING TEW AGAIN) play through.


No, you cant change difficulty for NG+. I did survival, survival NG+, and one run on nightmare. I would liken a NG+ run on TEW to the multiple plays Nier Automata needs to experience its best content. Youll only really appreciate just how strawberry floating excellent the combat and encounters are in TEW a second time.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Hexx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:Youll only really appreciate just how strawberry floating excellent the combat and encounters are in TEW a second time.


See above: FMOSOY,FMT and NO!

I'll just wait and play the sequel that fixed most of the terrible terrible problems.

Plus now I'm playing Horizon

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Brerlappin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Hexx wrote:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:Youll only really appreciate just how strawberry floating excellent the combat and encounters are in TEW a second time.


See above: FMOSOY,FMT and NO!

I'll just wait and play the sequel that fixed most of the terrible terrible problems.

Plus now I'm playing Horizon


The sequel fixes none of the problems, youll be glad to hear.

Also, play it again on NG+ you massive strawberry floating fanny.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Hexx » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:Youll only really appreciate just how strawberry floating excellent the combat and encounters are in TEW a second time.


See above: FMOSOY,FMT and NO!

I'll just wait and play the sequel that fixed most of the terrible terrible problems.

Plus now I'm playing Horizon


The sequel fixes none of the problems, youll be glad to hear.

Also, play it again on NG+ you massive strawberry floating fanny.


But I hated it! (Often)

Plus playing Horizon happily

But it turns out the main character is voice by that cow from Life is Strange Chloe, so that might ruin the game for me...

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Lagamorph » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:34 pm

You really shouldn't have to play a game multiple times to get the 'true' experience though.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Death's Head » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Lastpostamorph wrote:You really shouldn't have to play a game multiple times to get the 'true' experience though.

Agreed. I enjoyed it in my one and only playthrough.

Yes?
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by smurphy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I thought the original did a pretty great job of melding RE4's combat encounters with more survival horror stuff, on a regular playthrough. And I don't recall the pistol being a piece of gooseberry fool, I used it for most of the game which is why I'm disappointed your primary in the sequel no longer seems to be a revolver. :(

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Brerlappin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:24 pm

smurphy wrote:I thought the original did a pretty great job of melding RE4's combat encounters with more survival horror stuff, on a regular playthrough. And I don't recall the pistol being a piece of gooseberry fool, I used it for most of the game which is why I'm disappointed your primary in the sequel no longer seems to be a revolver. :(


Default pistol compared to fully upgraded is nuts tho. You can explode heads like crazy with that gooseberry fool. But yeah the lack of revolver in TEW2 was awful. In fact the entire pistol gunplay was seriously gimped with horrible aiming

User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by Banjo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:44 pm

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
smurphy wrote:I thought the original did a pretty great job of melding RE4's combat encounters with more survival horror stuff, on a regular playthrough. And I don't recall the pistol being a piece of gooseberry fool, I used it for most of the game which is why I'm disappointed your primary in the sequel no longer seems to be a revolver. :(


Default pistol compared to fully upgraded is nuts tho. You can explode heads like crazy with that gooseberry fool. But yeah the lack of revolver in TEW2 was awful. In fact the entire pistol gunplay was seriously gimped with horrible aiming


I guess you guys never did the sidequests. :shifty:

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: The Evil Within - out now
by Death's Head » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 am

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wrote:
smurphy wrote:I thought the original did a pretty great job of melding RE4's combat encounters with more survival horror stuff, on a regular playthrough. And I don't recall the pistol being a piece of gooseberry fool, I used it for most of the game which is why I'm disappointed your primary in the sequel no longer seems to be a revolver. :(


Default pistol compared to fully upgraded is nuts tho. You can explode heads like crazy with that gooseberry fool. But yeah the lack of revolver in TEW2 was awful. In fact the entire pistol gunplay was seriously gimped with horrible aiming
I thought the aiming was down to my shittyness.

Yes?
User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: The Evil Within - out now
by smurphy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:50 am

Just started playing this and I switched the difficulty down from Nightmare on approximately the... second encounter. I mean disabling aim-assist? On a console? That's not difficult, it's just strawberry floating annoying.

I can't tell if the dialog is deliberately cheesy or just bad. Either way it has a charm to it. Seems pretty solid otherwise. :wub:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, KjGarly, Monkey Man, Poser, PuppetBoy, souljahsstory, That's not a growth, Trelliz and 59 guests