Favourite 90s American Sitcom?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am

Home improvement was awesome. I like a lot of the shows mentioned but at the time my favourite was friends, however today I would rather watch everybody loves Raymond or king of queens.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostFavourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Frank » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am

Errkal wrote:
qupe wrote:
Did anyone like HOme IMprovement?


Me i was the only one :D along with 8 Simple Rules and one that was set in a news room but can never remember the name of :D


Home Improvement and 8 Simple Rules :wub: The newsroom one wasn't Less Than Perfect, was it?

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Errkal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:47 am

Frank wrote:
Errkal wrote:
qupe wrote:
Did anyone like HOme IMprovement?


Me i was the only one :D along with 8 Simple Rules and one that was set in a news room but can never remember the name of :D


Home Improvement and 8 Simple Rules :wub: The newsroom one wasn't Less Than Perfect, was it?


yeah that was it !! brilliant it was !!

shame it wasnt more popular as would like to acquire the episodes for the collection :D

Last edited by Errkal on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Fatal Exception » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:48 am

Everybody loves Raymond is garbage. I really wish Ch4 would stop showing it and bump Frasier to an earlier slot.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
fathom
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by fathom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Seinfeld is pretty much the only laugh track comedy I have ever loved.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Friends for me. :wub:

Image Image
User avatar
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: N.Ireland
Contact:

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by tomvek » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Used to watch Home Improvement, 3rd Rock and Fresh Prince all the time, great shows.

Image Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Qikz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:Everybody loves Raymond is garbage. I really wish Ch4 would stop showing it and bump Frasier to an earlier slot.


What? How is it garbage? Got any reason for thinking that? I personally think the comedy is very good, especially the attitude it has to an annoying family who really do care, but are quite overbearing. Reminds me a bit of my family to be honest. Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Fatal Exception » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

StayDead wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:Everybody loves Raymond is garbage. I really wish Ch4 would stop showing it and bump Frasier to an earlier slot.


What? How is it garbage? Got any reason for thinking that? I personally think the comedy is very good, especially the attitude it has to an annoying family who really do care, but are quite overbearing. Reminds me a bit of my family to be honest. Maybe that's why I like it so much.


It's not funny. It's also the same jokes over an over and over. Saying that I've still seen pretty much every episode because I'd rather watch US Sitcoms than the morning shows on other channels. Bring back the Big Breakfast.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by rinks » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Image

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
Cosmo
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Cosmo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:28 pm

I too think ELR is gooseberry fool. gooseberry fool characters and gooseberry fool comedy. It's gooseberry fool.

Seinfeld 4 eva.

"Danny Duberstein is good at two things. That's Math, and strawberry floatin'."
Twitch - CosBroKramer
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Frasier. Nothing compares.

Image
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by SandyCoin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Easy choice for me, and tha is Friends :wub: . But there some other great shows that I loved. I got into Frasier only about 4/5 years ago but now appreciate how good it is. Shame I wasn't a fan when I was younger. I too was also a big fan of Home Improvement. Me and my parents used to watch the double bill at 10pm on the Disney Channel 8-) . Don't make them like they used to (feels old even at 24).

But nothing will ever knock Friends off it's perch for me. Watched the premier when it first started over here and still never get bored of watching it.

Weirdly I've never really seen Seinfeld. I watched the first 2 series as my dad owns them but have not seen anything more. I liked what I saw though even if parts seemed horribly dated.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Igor
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Igor » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Errkal wrote:
Frank wrote:Less Than Perfect


yeah that was it !! brilliant it was !!

shame it wasnt more popular as would like to acquire the episodes for the collection :D


Holy gooseberry fool... I... I think I'm broken. You've actually broken me with how wrong you are.

Everybody Loves Raymond was terrible. Debra's attitude towards Ray bordered on domestic abuse. She was MILFy though.

Anyway, some of my favourites are probably Home Improvement, Seinfeld, Married... With Children, Fresh Prince, Frasier and Friends. All the obvious ones.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Qikz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond was terrible. Debra's attitude towards Ray bordered on domestic abuse. She was MILFy though.


To be fair, Debra most of the time had a reason to be evil towards Ray. He cares about other people and what they think of him more than he cares about her most of the time. Like the incident with the snacks at the T-Ball game. Also, her family would be unbearable to have as inlaws, especially his mother. :lol:

This one -



He goes against Debora to make that guy like him and it turns back on him and he just loses it. :lol:

This bit too.



Robert's character is just amazing IMO.

Last edited by Qikz on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by SandyCoin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Oh man, Married....with Children! How did I forget that! That was another show the family all watched together. I remember when I started middle school we (for some weird reason) were asked to come up to the black board and write down a TV we watch. I put Married....with Children and nobody had any idea what it was :lol: . It made me feel so very grown up.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Starbreaker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:
StayDead wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:Everybody loves Raymond is garbage. I really wish Ch4 would stop showing it and bump Frasier to an earlier slot.


What? How is it garbage? Got any reason for thinking that? I personally think the comedy is very good, especially the attitude it has to an annoying family who really do care, but are quite overbearing. Reminds me a bit of my family to be honest. Maybe that's why I like it so much.


It's not funny. It's also the same jokes over an over and over. Saying that I've still seen pretty much every episode because I'd rather watch US Sitcoms than the morning shows on other channels. Bring back the Big Breakfast.


This. It's one unfunny joke repeated endlessly. You want a dysfunctional yet ultimately loving family with jokes that are actually funny? Malcolm in the Middle.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Mafro » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 pm

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

StayDead wrote:Everybody Loves Raymond

:fp: Awful, awful show.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
1>3>4>2
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Anung

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by 1>3>4>2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond is actually terrible.

Ad7 wrote:GOT GUD :datass:

Check out my youtube channel where I sporadically release videos whenever I can be bothered. https://www.youtube.com/user/contardation
User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: Favourite 90s American Sitcom?
by Spindash » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:33 pm



Return to “Stuff”