Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Starbreaker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:26 pm

jiggles wrote:Balthier was supposed to be the protagonist originally. But Vagrant Story not being a sales hit caused the execs at Square to force Matsuno to switch to Vaan because they wanted something more marketable to Japanese teens than another middle-aged man of experience.


I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Basch (but for the reasons you mentioned).

Excellent, excellent news. The battle system in XII is pure majesty, probably the pinnacle of the series. Such a fantastic blend between seeming more action oriented whilst still holding a firm core of FF turn based tradition. 

Shame the story was utter garbage. We want Basch for main protagonist! 

User avatar
Roonmastor
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Roonmastor » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Everyone knows you just stomach Vaan until you can play as Balthier

User avatar
Met
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Met » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:30 pm

I honestly forget Penelo is in it and only remember Vaan because he's the quintessential tag-along protagonist that keeps getting brought up.

I also remember using Vaan to scout out the licence board for things, taking the cheapest path through it to find useful things for other members.

Probably the worst way to play, but it worked...somewhat.

<Kaeetayel> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:35 pm

I got bored of his back in the day. It just didn't click and I never got round to finishing it but I can say the same about IX and X as I didn't really like/finish those at the time either but later went back years later and loved them so I'm hoping the same will be true with XII.

Image
User avatar
Cyburn2
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London UK

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Cyburn2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:05 pm

For some reason I skipped this, had Revenant Wings on the DS which was a sequel of sorts.

Need to put this on my to wait for and get list.

Image
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Venom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:25 pm

Lovely! I've been waiting for this one. This was one of the first game i played on my launch PS3, which had PS2 backwards compatibility - but the cut-scenes were borked. What I played I really enjoyed. Fran is sexy although Vaan is a bit too girly looking. This is just a HD remake right? I'm just wondering why it has the Zodiac moniker.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Rubix » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Day one!

Image

Alongside FF7 this was my favorite of the series :wub:

Playing: Everybody's Golf (PS4), Final Fantasy IX (PS4)
Watching: Buffy S5
Reading: Freakonomics 150/315
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 pm

Venom wrote:Lovely! I've been waiting for this one. This was one of the first game i played on my launch PS3, which had PS2 backwards compatibility - but the cut-scenes were borked. What I played I really enjoyed. Fran is sexy although Vaan is a bit too girly looking. This is just a HD remake right? I'm just wondering why it has the Zodiac moniker.


Probably a HD remaster of the Japan only Zodiac Job System version.

Image
User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Banjo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:46 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Venom wrote:Lovely! I've been waiting for this one. This was one of the first game i played on my launch PS3, which had PS2 backwards compatibility - but the cut-scenes were borked. What I played I really enjoyed. Fran is sexy although Vaan is a bit too girly looking. This is just a HD remake right? I'm just wondering why it has the Zodiac moniker.


Probably a HD remaster of the Japan only Zodiac Job System version.


That is the case. It's arguably the main attraction to this remaster for me, I've heard good things about the revised version.

Vishvanath
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Vishvanath » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 am

Can't wait

One of my favourite games ever

User avatar
Schumi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Schumi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5788-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age

So the trophy list for this has gone live on Sony's servers.

Still no actual word of a release date though.

User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Manchester

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Jamo3103 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Never got round to this one on PS2 and always wanted to play it so I'm definitely looking forward to this release, as others have said, it's about time!

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by jawafour » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:06 am

It's launching on 11 July and it's looking good.







Oh, and if you want to get really in-depth about how this Zodiac Age version differs from the original Western release, watch on...


User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Saint of Killers » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 am

I was going to rent this until I saw all the freaking target lines on the combat screen. Kinda put me off from wanting to get into it. I am open to being convinced to change my mind.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Schumi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Schumi » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I was going to rent this until I saw all the freaking target lines on the combat screen. Kinda put me off from wanting to get into it. I am open to being convinced to change my mind.

Pretty sure you can turn the lines off in the menu if you want? Though I might be wrong, been 10 years since I played this.

Vishvanath
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Vishvanath » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:38 am

Day One

User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Slayerx » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:52 am

Can't wait this is arguably my second favourite game in the series :)

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Lagamorph » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:24 am

I remember way back when the PS2 version first came out I could never get past a section near the start of the game where you were supposed to just run away from someone through several screens, but they kept catching up to me and killing me so I couldn't progress.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Schumi wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I was going to rent this until I saw all the freaking target lines on the combat screen. Kinda put me off from wanting to get into it. I am open to being convinced to change my mind.

Pretty sure you can turn the lines off in the menu if you want? Though I might be wrong, been 10 years since I played this.


Starbreaker wrote:
jiggles wrote:Balthier was supposed to be the protagonist originally. But Vagrant Story not being a sales hit caused the execs at Square to force Matsuno to switch to Vaan because they wanted something more marketable to Japanese teens than another middle-aged man of experience.


I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Basch (but for the reasons you mentioned).

Excellent, excellent news. The battle system in XII is pure majesty, probably the pinnacle of the series. Such a fantastic blend between seeming more action oriented whilst still holding a firm core of FF turn based tradition. 

Shame the story was utter garbage. We want Basch for main protagonist! 


'kay :roll: Looks like I'll be giving this a go.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Starbreaker
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age trailer | HD Remaster PS4
by Starbreaker » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:08 pm

There's a good girl. Who's a good girl? YOU'RE a good girl.

Definitely psyched for this. Fairly sure it'll be my timesink of the year and I'm including Horizon in that.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, black stig, Finish.Last, Google [Bot], IAmTheSaladMan, Lagamorph, lex-man, Trelliz and 41 guests