Football League & Non League Thread - Preston are 1888/89 champions!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Moggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Wasn't expecting anything from today's game so very happy at half time! It's been a ridiculously long time since we conceded a goal :slol:.


I’m not expecting to beat Wolves later so I’m hoping you lose or draw so we can stay second whatever happens. :lol:


Is it at Ashton Gate? I'd fancy your chances wherever it is with your current run of form though, even against the league leaders.


Yeah we are home.

I’m never a confident fan though, I am always convinced we are going to get thrashed, no matter who we are playing.

Usually I am right, but this season is giving me hope. Which is bad, hope hurts far more. :lol:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Wasn't expecting anything from today's game so very happy at half time! It's been a ridiculously long time since we conceded a goal :slol:.


I’m not expecting to beat Wolves later so I’m hoping you lose or draw so we can stay second whatever happens. :lol:


Is it at Ashton Gate? I'd fancy your chances wherever it is with your current run of form though, even against the league leaders.


Yeah we are home.

I’m never a confident fan though, I am always convinced we are going to get thrashed, no matter who we are playing.

Usually I am right, but this season is giving me hope. Which is bad, hope hurts far more. :lol:


I'd love to see Bristol City in the EPL next season - same as when Brighton went up, it's good to see teams with decent fans on here doing well.

It's also why I keep an eye on Pompey's results, though I hope we go up above them this season :slol:

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Moggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Wasn't expecting anything from today's game so very happy at half time! It's been a ridiculously long time since we conceded a goal :slol:.


I’m not expecting to beat Wolves later so I’m hoping you lose or draw so we can stay second whatever happens. :lol:


Is it at Ashton Gate? I'd fancy your chances wherever it is with your current run of form though, even against the league leaders.


Yeah we are home.

I’m never a confident fan though, I am always convinced we are going to get thrashed, no matter who we are playing.

Usually I am right, but this season is giving me hope. Which is bad, hope hurts far more. :lol:


I'd love to see Bristol City in the EPL next season - same as when Brighton went up, it's good to see teams with decent fans on here doing well.

It's also why I keep an eye on Pompey's results, though I hope we go up above them this season :slol:


Pompey fans are decent, but DML ruins their average and dumps them down in Leeds/Millwall territory. ;)

I actually hope Derby go up, I just want them below us. :lol:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Marvellous result :datass:

Great win for Blues against Dirty Leeds as well :wub:

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:57 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Wasn't expecting anything from today's game so very happy at half time! It's been a ridiculously long time since we conceded a goal :slol:.


I’m not expecting to beat Wolves later so I’m hoping you lose or draw so we can stay second whatever happens. :lol:


Is it at Ashton Gate? I'd fancy your chances wherever it is with your current run of form though, even against the league leaders.


Yeah we are home.

I’m never a confident fan though, I am always convinced we are going to get thrashed, no matter who we are playing.

Usually I am right, but this season is giving me hope. Which is bad, hope hurts far more. :lol:


I'd love to see Bristol City in the EPL next season - same as when Brighton went up, it's good to see teams with decent fans on here doing well.

It's also why I keep an eye on Pompey's results, though I hope we go up above them this season :slol:


Pompey fans are decent, but DML ruins their average and dumps them down in Leeds/Millwall territory. ;)

I actually hope Derby go up, I just want them below us. :lol:


:lol:

I actually prefer Derby over Forest purely off the back of Ob Bob being a good bloke. Sorry Forest lads. :P

Image Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:07 pm

:wub:

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Drumstick » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Even though we've moved on I still find myself checking on Bristol, Derby, Forest, Blackburn and Pompey (even Villa) to see how your lots all got on.

Sad really.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Moggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:48 pm

Harsh red but strawberry float ‘em, I’ll take it. :lol:

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Mini E » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Finishing 2017 in the League 1 playoff places :datass:

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by PuppetBoy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Out of the relegation zone :datass:

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Mini E wrote:Finishing 2017 in the League 1 playoff places :datass:


o/

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Moggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:46 pm

:datass:

User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Mini E » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:
Mini E wrote:Finishing 2017 in the League 1 playoff places :datass:


o/


\o until we destroy you in the playoff semis ;)

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Moggy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:24 pm

Football’s gooseberry fool.

User avatar
evanswolves
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by evanswolves » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Image

:datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass:
11 points clear of third!

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by PatSharpsMullet » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Mini E wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Mini E wrote:Finishing 2017 in the League 1 playoff places :datass:


o/


\o until we destroy you in the playoff semis ;)

We're taking one of the automatic spots. 8-)

Hopefully. :dread:

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Ruud Gullit Sitting On A Shed wrote:
Mini E wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:
Mini E wrote:Finishing 2017 in the League 1 playoff places :datass:


o/


\o until we destroy you in the playoff semis ;)

We're taking one of the automatic spots. 8-)

Hopefully. :dread:


It'll be difficult when Wigan and Shrewsbury just refuse to drop any points though. I'm hoping for a Shrews drop off in the second half of the season due to their small squad. Think Wigan are gonna run away with it.

Tough game today against Scunthorpe, but we could have, and by all accounts should have won. Same as last week. I hate dropping points when we've played well, but I'm glad we're within touching distance of second still. :wub:

Image Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by more heat than light » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:24 am



It never ends. :fp:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 am

:o

Absolute clown house. Something's just not right at Forest and it seems no one can sort it out.

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Rubix » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:21 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:Football’s gooseberry fool.


We were are own downfall in that game. Fielding's stupidity and Pack not clearing the ball with 30 seconds to go!

PLAY | PS4: Spider-man | PSVR Rush of Blood | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2
WATCH | Westworld S2, Bodyguard
READ | How to sleep well

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Bunni, Garth, Godzilla, Johnny Jalfrezi, Peter Crisp, Rax, Vermilion, wensleydale and 51 guests