Football League & Non League Football Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Minty14 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't mind Britt leaving, we got a great price for him.

But why did he have to go to the Reading of the North? :dread:

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Very happy to see Huddlestone come home :wub:.

Still a long way (2 or 3 strong signings) to go for me to not consider this transfer window a complete disaster!

Image
User avatar
evanswolves
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by evanswolves » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:20 am




User avatar
Rhubarb
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Rhubarb » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Rhubarb wrote:
DML wrote:Hes not enough to get you up on his own. You finshed 13th last season, not exactly knocking on the door.


Yep totally agree, was more replying to glowys optimistic opinion of we'll get rid once he gets us promoted haha.

Whilst I'm not particularly happy with the signing, it's nowhere near as bad as some of QPR's lunacy - they signed Samba for 100k a week before crazy TV money!!


Good lord. This really came back to bite me :dread: :dread:

What the strawberry float are we at!

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Lotus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Who designed this trophy? :lol: :dread:

Image

More like this though please. If the Football League changes its rules to 45 minute matches the Championship title is as good as ours. :datass:

Image ImageImage
User avatar
evanswolves
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by evanswolves » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:06 am



Diogo Jota from Atletico Madrid, season long loan, option to buy

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Glowy69 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:34 am

Rhubarb wrote:
Rhubarb wrote:
DML wrote:Hes not enough to get you up on his own. You finshed 13th last season, not exactly knocking on the door.


Yep totally agree, was more replying to glowys optimistic opinion of we'll get rid once he gets us promoted haha.

Whilst I'm not particularly happy with the signing, it's nowhere near as bad as some of QPR's lunacy - they signed Samba for 100k a week before crazy TV money!!


Good lord. This really came back to bite me :dread: :dread:

What the strawberry float are we at!


Samba has been at the club since feb working to earn a contract. He has done that. Good back up for terry and chester.

He'll also be on minimal wages

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by KingK » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 pm

Another preseason win tonight, that's 3 wins out of 3. Vellios now scored 5 in 3 (part) games.

At this rate Boro will be offering us £15m + Assombalonga for Vellios :slol:

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
User avatar
myrrh heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by myrrh heat than light » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:11 am

Vellios is a beast. :datass:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Christmas.Past
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Christmas.Past » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 am

Glowy69 wrote:
Rhubarb wrote:
Rhubarb wrote:
DML wrote:Hes not enough to get you up on his own. You finshed 13th last season, not exactly knocking on the door.


Yep totally agree, was more replying to glowys optimistic opinion of we'll get rid once he gets us promoted haha.

Whilst I'm not particularly happy with the signing, it's nowhere near as bad as some of QPR's lunacy - they signed Samba for 100k a week before crazy TV money!!


Good lord. This really came back to bite me :dread: :dread:

What the strawberry float are we at!


Samba has been at the club since feb working to earn a contract. He has done that. Good back up for terry and chester.

He'll also be on minimal wages


It looks like Bruce wants to play three at the back, so I reckon Samba will play a fair bit.

He and Terry should probably do a solid job heading the ball out all day long. We'll just have to hope noone thinks of using, like, fast players or passing or moving or any of that gooseberry fool.

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by KingK » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:20 pm

more heat than light wrote:Vellios is a beast. :datass:

I agree. I think he could be a real force this season if he's given game time. Don't know why he was barely played last season as whenever he did, he was one of our better performers.

I'm concerned we've reinforced a bit too much up top and left the rear largely as it was which considering it was our inability to keep clean sheets that almost sent us down, makes me nervous.

The front line options of Vellios, Cummings, Brereton, Murphy, Clough, Mackay, Ward, Carayol, Osborn are a good mix of height, strength, skill, pace, young and hungry, experienced and wise. These are good options.
The defence, apart from Darikwa signing today, and possibly Traore, is quite slow, as are the DM's of Cohen and Vaughan

Maybe we're going for the Newcastle-Keegan era of trying to win games 4-3?

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Glowy69 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm

4 million for nathan baker :slol:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 am

Glowy69 wrote:4 million for nathan baker :slol:


He was basically free with you paying £11m on top for Kodjia. :slol:

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Glowy69 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Moggy wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:4 million for nathan baker :slol:


He was basically free with you paying £11m on top for Kodjia. :slol:


Kodjia will send us up this year. Baker will swallow his tongue first game headbutting the floor.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:4 million for nathan baker :slol:


He was basically free with you paying £11m on top for Kodjia. :slol:


Kodjia will send us up this year. Baker will swallow his tongue first game headbutting the floor.


And we are still £11m up.

We had Baker on loan for a season, our management team obviously rated him.

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Glowy69 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:41 pm

Moggy wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:4 million for nathan baker :slol:


He was basically free with you paying £11m on top for Kodjia. :slol:


Kodjia will send us up this year. Baker will swallow his tongue first game headbutting the floor.


And we are still £11m up.

We had Baker on loan for a season, our management team obviously rated him.


He's okay. And 11 million aint nothing to us :shifty:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Zellery
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Zellery » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Don't be slagging Bakesy off! :x

User avatar
PuppetBoy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by PuppetBoy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:55 pm

We just lost 5-0 to Celtic's reserve team. :dread:

Image
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Glowy69 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Zellery wrote:Don't be slagging Bakesy off! :x

Who slagged him off?

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by Lotus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Genuinely surprised to see Baker go. I'd take him over Samba and Richards, especially given the age of them. Could be a bad move.

Image ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CitizenErased, JediDragon05, Rudolphin, Skarjo, Snowcannon, Yahoo [Bot] and 55 guests