Football Thread 16/17- Cheick Tiote R.I.P.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Buffalo » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 am

Harry Kane, some boy. Pull it out of the bag in an England shirt though, young'un.

Image
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Dig Dug » Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 am

Lotus wrote:Haven't been in here for a while, a few points...


3) I'm sure I read a stat yesterday saying that you could take away all of Lukaku's goals this season and Everton would still be in the same league position. Pretty interesting.



In that case I'm happy to take the £60m from Chelsea in the summer if it comes to that.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Mafro » Fri May 19, 2017 9:38 am

degoose wrote:
Zellery wrote:
degoose wrote:Kane is ahead of lukaku now. Hull next so if he scores few more that is 2 seasons with the golden boot. Not bad for a one season wonder

And the fact that he missed almost 3 months of this season.

Indeed , Kane is a sublime player . He has been called s goal poacher ,then a one season wonder and also just crap, he's a legend really.

Who was calling him that?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by bear » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 am

Dig Dug wrote:
Lotus wrote:Haven't been in here for a while, a few points...


3) I'm sure I read a stat yesterday saying that you could take away all of Lukaku's goals this season and Everton would still be in the same league position. Pretty interesting.



In that case I'm happy to take the £60m from Chelsea in the summer if it comes to that.

It's a garbage stat really. Everton would be at least 10 points worse off without his goals. Still enough to be seventh but they'd be miles away from the top six which is where the new owner wants to be.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Dig Dug » Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 am

I'm saying this partially tongue-in-cheek because it almost seems like a foregone conclusion now that he will be leaving in the summer. His goals did win us games, kill games, gave the other players momentum to score their own goals, and even bought us back when he were losing.
But he probably going to go so I'll take any reassurance that I can get that things are going to be okay next season.
Getting top 6 at the moment is a big ask when you consider who the 6 teams above us are.

That said I do think the top 7 of the premier league represents a big gap between the strongest teams and the other teams in the league, it won't be the same top 7 every season but since 2010 the current top 7 has been the same for 3 other seasons, and in the season where it did end like that there was a gap between them and the teams below.
There have been seasons to shake things up a bit, like last season where Everton and Chelsea both did terribly, causing the league to become much more competitive to the point where the top 4 had a much smaller point total than they normally would have (even in such seasons top 8 was a done deal in good time).
I think Everton will manage without Lukaku, we won't break top 6 but I don't see what is there to stop us from continuing being the gatekeepers to 7th place assuming the top 7 teams all perform as they are expected to do next season.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Fri May 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Why is Kane so awful for England then?

Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Benzin » Fri May 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Because England are awful?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 pm

So whats that make Kane then?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:29 pm

Photek wrote:Why is Kane so awful for England then?


Photek wrote:So whats that make Kane then?


Why did George Best never win the World Cup?

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Fri May 19, 2017 1:34 pm

He was drunk?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Fri May 19, 2017 1:41 pm

Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game. I don't think I'm the only one, lets see if anyone puts a bid in at all.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by DML » Fri May 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Kane was absolute cack in Euro 2016, he should not be defended.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game.


Triggered? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Everyone has been bobbins for England, it's a bobbins team full of players playing bobbins led by bobbins managers.

Kane's a good player but plays in a shite international team. It's not the same as when Steven Gerrard played bobbins for England while surrounded by better players.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Fri May 19, 2017 1:46 pm

I honestly think Lallana has been playing rather well for England at the moment.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:49 pm

DML wrote:Kane was absolute cack in Euro 2016, he should not be defended.


It's not so much defending Kane as slagging off the whole bunch of useless twats.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by DML » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game.


Triggered? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Everyone has been bobbins for England, it's a bobbins team full of players playing bobbins led by bobbins managers.

Kane's a good player but plays in a shite international team. It's not the same as when Steven Gerrard played bobbins for England while surrounded by better players.


That is a typical football fan view and its far too easy a get out clause.

The reality is England are a top 15 side and should be doing far better. That counts for all the players.

Kane had no goals and no assists at Euro 2016.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm

DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game.


Triggered? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Everyone has been bobbins for England, it's a bobbins team full of players playing bobbins led by bobbins managers.

Kane's a good player but plays in a shite international team. It's not the same as when Steven Gerrard played bobbins for England while surrounded by better players.


That is a typical football fan view and its far too easy a get out clause.

The reality is England are a top 15 side and should be doing far better. That counts for all the players.

Kane had no goals and no assists at Euro 2016.


That's pretty much exactly what I said. :lol:

England are bobbins.
The players are playing bobbins.
The managers have been bobbins.

Of course England should be doing better, but they haven't been because of bobbins.

Kane is a good player, he doesn't suddenly become shite just because it is international football, he becomes shite because he is in a shite side. Not shite on paper, there are excellent players in that side, but because England just doesn't seem to work.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by DML » Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Moggy wrote:
DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game.


Triggered? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Everyone has been bobbins for England, it's a bobbins team full of players playing bobbins led by bobbins managers.

Kane's a good player but plays in a shite international team. It's not the same as when Steven Gerrard played bobbins for England while surrounded by better players.


That is a typical football fan view and its far too easy a get out clause.

The reality is England are a top 15 side and should be doing far better. That counts for all the players.

Kane had no goals and no assists at Euro 2016.


That's pretty much exactly what I said. :lol:

England are bobbins.
The players are playing bobbins.
The managers have been bobbins.

Of course England should be doing better, but they haven't been because of bobbins.

Kane is a good player, he doesn't suddenly become shite just because it is international football, he becomes shite because he is in a shite side. Not shite on paper, there are excellent players in that side, but because England just doesn't seem to work.


Nah. He still has the ability to shoot, he got plenty of chances,just did nothing with any of them. Kane in my opinion was our worst performing player, not a victim of the other players.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Moggy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm

DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
DML wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:Yes Photek, that's exactly what I meant.

Kane has played 17 times for England (can't be arsed to check how many he started) and scored 5 goals. In probably the most underperforming and woeful England sides in history, I don't think that is a terrible stat for a young striker.

Amazing :lol:

You of all people getting triggered cos I made a joke. :lol:

I understand your point but its not like Messi who hasnt won a world cup, Kane has been absolutely bobbins for England. I think he's a great striker but have slight reservations about some things in his game.


Triggered? I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Everyone has been bobbins for England, it's a bobbins team full of players playing bobbins led by bobbins managers.

Kane's a good player but plays in a shite international team. It's not the same as when Steven Gerrard played bobbins for England while surrounded by better players.


That is a typical football fan view and its far too easy a get out clause.

The reality is England are a top 15 side and should be doing far better. That counts for all the players.

Kane had no goals and no assists at Euro 2016.


That's pretty much exactly what I said. :lol:

England are bobbins.
The players are playing bobbins.
The managers have been bobbins.

Of course England should be doing better, but they haven't been because of bobbins.

Kane is a good player, he doesn't suddenly become shite just because it is international football, he becomes shite because he is in a shite side. Not shite on paper, there are excellent players in that side, but because England just doesn't seem to work.


Nah. He still has the ability to shoot, he got plenty of chances,just did nothing with any of them. Kane in my opinion was our worst performing player, not a victim of the other players.


Nah what? I didn't mention his performance at Euro 2016 other than to say the whole team was woeful. Although I doubt we would have done much different if any other striker had played and it probably didn't help him that Hodgson had him taking corners.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Cuttooth, Denster, Snowcannon and 61 guests